Any interest in a super nanny consultancy | ExpatWoman.com

Any interest in a super nanny consultancy

Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 17:15

Hi
I have just arrived and was thinking of starting a super nanny consultancy business. I have a bachelor in early childhood and over 22 years experience in the childcare field- working on the floor , nannying both in Australia and London, I have been a director in a few childcare centres in Sydney and also been a facilitator for adult students studying cert 3 and diploma in children services I would be able to advise on sleep routines, feeding difficulties and behavioural issues - to name a few things on offer. From newborns up to 10 year olds Very down to earth , practical and realistic approach and advice.
The question is really is there a need and anyone interested . At the moment just a thought
Have lots of Families in Australia that would highly recommend me
Thanks

Latest post on 22 April 2017 - 05:41
Just wondered if you ever did set up a consultancy?
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 15:03
It's the wording of the post, I wouldnt mind a comment like "did you try so & so.." to which I'd reply "thank you for your reply yes I did but it didn't work.." But a judgemental post is not what I was looking for especially when I did not ask for advice, I was clearly showing interest in the service OP mentioned when I posted We obviously have a very different view of the forum! I expect anything I say on here to be up for comment and I might not always like what I hear. I am sorry that you felt my comment was judgmental, I certainly didn't mean it as such. No worries.. OP apologies for going OT on your post
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:58
Apologies to the OP for totally digressing on your thread. Back on topic, I know a number of families who have used a Super Nanny here for issues they were having or just general advice. On the basis of this I'd say there is definitely a market for it.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:42
It's the wording of the post, I wouldnt mind a comment like "did you try so & so.." to which I'd reply "thank you for your reply yes I did but it didn't work.." But a judgemental post is not what I was looking for especially when I did not ask for advice, I was clearly showing interest in the service OP mentioned when I posted We obviously have a very different view of the forum! I expect anything I say on here to be up for comment and I might not always like what I hear. I am sorry that you felt my comment was judgmental, I certainly didn't mean it as such.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:28
It's the wording of the post, I wouldnt mind a comment like "did you try so & so.." to which I'd reply "thank you for your reply yes I did but it didn't work.." But a judgemental post is not what I was looking for especially when I did not ask for advice, I was clearly showing interest in the service OP mentioned when I posted Hi wickedangel, I'm sorry if my advice was unwanted however you did in fact post it on here which is why I commented. If you had added 'please no advice unless you are a trained professional' I would have said nothing but you did not in any way make this clear in your post. If I post about a parenting dilemma I am having I welcome advice from other parents, if I don't agree I just ignore it. I'm also sorry you felt the need to justify yourself but if you don't want any information on a public forum, just don't put it on there. You could easily have just said "I'd be interested if the price was right" and left it at that. You do also have the option of deleting your post if you realise in retrospect that you have posted more that you wanted to. I am happy to delete my post where I quoted you, please let me know if you wish me to do so.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 14:14
Hi wickedangel, I'm sorry if my advice was unwanted however you did in fact post it on here which is why I commented. If you had added 'please no advice unless you are a trained professional' I would have said nothing but you did not in any way make this clear in your post. If I post about a parenting dilemma I am having I welcome advice from other parents, if I don't agree I just ignore it. I'm also sorry you felt the need to justify yourself but if you don't want any information on a public forum, just don't put it on there. You could easily have just said "I'd be interested if the price was right" and left it at that. You do also have the option of deleting your post if you realise in retrospect that you have posted more that you wanted to. I am happy to delete my post where I quoted you, please let me know if you wish me to do so.
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 12:00
Hi Daza, unless you know know me & my child in person or you went through a similar experience I don't think you will understand what I'm going through I don't like to argue here, thanks for your advise but don't you think a mum of a 5 yrs old would have tried all that before seeking a professional advice or help? I even went to an OT as he suffers from mild sensory issues but the prices were ridiculous for the service they were offering. & my son will starve himself, I tried everything, he does not touch his packed lunch at school although I make sure he has food he eats on his own at home , he goes for 7-8 hrs without food or water at school , he doesn't even drink as he hates using school toilets. As for co-sleeping he suffers from night terrors from time to time & he is a restless sleeper. I did not want to mention all this on a public forum but your reply was not helpful, parenting is a sensitive issue, if I wanted advice from other mums I would have posted here I'm a moderator in an international mother & child forum with over 2 mil members, if I'm seeking advice from fellow mums I ask there not on a social forum for expats Apologies if I sound rude, but I really hate it when others offer advice although the poster didn't ask for it I'd be interested if the price is reasonable ;) DS who will be 5 in. November refuses to feed himself, refuses to sleep in his own bed & is dependant on us in general, we are more towards gentle discipline & we can't tackle those areas. My children would starve if they refused to feed themselves, I just don't have enough hands! I'd do a sticker chart then just let him get on with it. If he eats, lots of praise and a sticker goes on the chart. If he doesn't don't make a big fuss over it, he will just have to be hungry until the next meal time. edited by wickedangel_78 on 06/10/2014 My daughter will not feed herself too I used to pick her up frm the nursery crying like **** becos she's starving And I never had the nerve to ask the teacher to feed her
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 11:18
Hi Daza, unless you know know me & my child in person or you went through a similar experience I don't think you will understand what I'm going through I don't like to argue here, thanks for your advise but don't you think a mum of a 5 yrs old would have tried all that before seeking a professional advice or help? I even went to an OT as he suffers from mild sensory issues but the prices were ridiculous for the service they were offering. & my son will starve himself, I tried everything, he does not touch his packed lunch at school although I make sure he has food he eats on his own at home , he goes for 7-8 hrs without food or water at school , he doesn't even drink as he hates using school toilets. As for co-sleeping he suffers from night terrors from time to time & he is a restless sleeper. I did not want to mention all this on a public forum but your reply was not helpful, parenting is a sensitive issue, if I wanted advice from other mums I would have posted here I'm a moderator in an international mother & child forum with over 2 mil members, if I'm seeking advice from fellow mums I ask there not on a social forum for expats Apologies if I sound rude, but I really hate it when others offer advice although the poster didn't ask for it I'd be interested if the price is reasonable ;) DS who will be 5 in. November refuses to feed himself, refuses to sleep in his own bed & is dependant on us in general, we are more towards gentle discipline & we can't tackle those areas. My children would starve if they refused to feed themselves, I just don't have enough hands! I'd do a sticker chart then just let him get on with it. If he eats, lots of praise and a sticker goes on the chart. If he doesn't don't make a big fuss over it, he will just have to be hungry until the next meal time. <em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 06/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 11:03
I would too, my youngest is extremely difficult to deal with... Unfortunately I cannot afford to get help, most psychologist charge around 500 aed per session and they recommend around 10 sessions...
Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 19:42
I'd be interested if the price is reasonable ;) DS who will be 5 in. November refuses to feed himself, refuses to sleep in his own bed & is dependant on us in general, we are more towards gentle discipline & we can't tackle those areas. My children would starve if they refused to feed themselves, I just don't have enough hands! I'd do a sticker chart then just let him get on with it. If he eats, lots of praise and a sticker goes on the chart. If he doesn't don't make a big fuss over it, he will just have to be hungry until the next meal time.
Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 18:55
I'd be interested if the price is reasonable ;) DS who will be 5 in. November refuses to feed himself, refuses to sleep in his own bed & is dependant on us in general, we are more towards gentle discipline & we can't tackle those areas.
Latest post on 05 October 2014 - 18:30
There is a lady who comes here from South Africa - every few weeks to do this sort of thing. I think she is quite well known as she has been interviewed on the radio - Dubai i ( Dubai Eye?) a few times. Don't remember her name. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY