Can't sleep | ExpatWoman.com

Can't sleep

Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 21:45

Due to new diet which means I'm going to bed hungry. Sleeping pill or no?
<em>edited by Guinness2 on 06/10/2014</em>

Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 13:24
Don't go to bed hungry if it means you can't sleep Guinness! Be hungry during the day when you can feel smug about sticking to your diet rather than just frustrated that you can't sleep.
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 12:42
I can't sleep hungry either... Carrot/celery/cucumber sticks (+/- no-fat cottage cheese) or a 'slim a soup' sachet work for me to kill the hunger until I'm asleep. Good luck!
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 12:29
Hot bath/shower (always), good book or good t/v series, comfy pj's, cup of hot milk (or if you cant do dairy then maybe lemon and hot water). It works for me :)
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 11:55
Rather than going the sleeping pill route. Try and get to bed as early as you can when you are not hungry. Due to new diet which means I'm going to bed hungry. Sleeping pill or no? edited by Guinness2 on 06/10/2014
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 11:25
Any "diet" that "works" will have you dealing with an amount of hunger. That's the effect of a caloric deficit, and that's the point. Eating your last meal close to bedtime is the ticket for me. There is no magic hour where food or carbs turns into cellulite or a muffing top. Once I finally accepted science over dogma and realized that, rarely have gone to bed hungry since :) P.S. glad you finally crashed out. I usually watch a lecture or documentary on youtube, on my ipad mini with a headset. Helps, and no morning grog from an antihistimine lol <em>edited by Beebers on 07/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 09:19
Due to new diet which means I'm going to bed hungry. Sleeping pill or no? edited by Guinness2 on 06/10/2014 Have you tried reading a book in bed? I used to have trouble sleeping and I find read a book get me right off, cant even get through two pages. Sleeping tablets are not a good idea, Kava root tea is very good too, read up on it, its help relax and with anxiety Yes, that is my usual strategy and I'm halfway into two brilliant books (Gone Girl and I Am Pilgrim) but the trouble was, my husband was already sleeping with my son in my bedroom and the books were somewhere in the room and I didn't know exactly where. Anyways, took sleeping pill, overslept, woke to sound of husband shouting in frustration as he tried to get our kids off to school on time by himself ...
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 08:26
Due to new diet which means I'm going to bed hungry. Sleeping pill or no? edited by Guinness2 on 06/10/2014 Have you tried reading a book in bed? I used to have trouble sleeping and I find read a book get me right off, cant even get through two pages. Sleeping tablets are not a good idea, Kava root tea is very good too, read up on it, its help relax and with anxiety
Latest post on 07 October 2014 - 06:45
Diets where you go to bed hungry are very unlikely to work long term. It is entirely possible to substantially cut calories but never feel hungry if you make good food choices. As others before have said the best way to encourage weight loss is to change how and what you eat rather than diet. If it were me, I would definitely look at changing the diet I was on. I also wouldn't recommend sleeping pill for several reasons. There is some evidence at the minute suggesting that lack of sleep may contribute to weight problems. Sleeping pills don't provide a natural sleeping pattern so again could compromise any wright loss.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 22:27
Drink some warm water, that should make you feel full. Hope you get some sleep...
Latest post on 06 October 2014 - 22:13
Make yourself read every single thread on here...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY