Schools | ExpatWoman.com

Schools

Latest post on 08 October 2014 - 02:11

Hi I'm currently trying to find school placements for my 2 girls aged 6 and 14. I seem to be able to find a place for the 6 year old but having a nightmare with the older one. I'm starting to panic a bit as I was hoping to move out in January to join my husband. If anyone has any tips to help me in this painful process I would be very grateful. :)

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 21:28
Hi ladies. Thanks for the replies. The girls are now sitting assessments for Brighton college :). My next dilemma though is that my 14 yr old will probably be going back a year as she is not 15 till November. She started school at 4 in Scotland. She is kicking up a fuss and I'm considering us all staying till she sits her exams in May which are national 5's in Scotland. However hubby is really missing us all. :(
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:39
What syllabus are you looking for? American, British, IB, Indian etc.? My three kids go to the Aldar Academy and they have now opened registrations for 2015. Please get in touch with them.... R.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 08:50
no tips, apart from just apply to them all and hope for the best. if a place becomes available past 15th feb that nobody already enrolled in sch can take it it will only be offered to "outsiders". a lot of people have to either have kids in different schools, or stay behind with 1 child till a place becomes available and the other child stays with one parent here.. what year group is the 14 as being gcse years sometimes some schools will not allow it etc <em>edited by busybee2 on 15/10/2014</em>