beauty package | ExpatWoman.com

beauty package

Latest post on 10 October 2014 - 10:47

hi
any good beauty packages in saloon going on (near al nahda sharjah-- in 100 dhrms packages) covering waxing (legs , arms underarms)+ facial+hair cutting+threading eyebrows +pedicure etc... would like to go for the same.

thanks

Latest post on 03 November 2014 - 11:44
Hi, My fav is this cute little place called Style Express, which I accidently discovered during one of my Karama trips. It is 5-10mins walk from Karama metro...near Lulu hypermarket. I highly recommend this place... it is worth a visit... I agree with mich76...style express is indeed awesome...
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 15:42
Hi, My fav is this cute little place called Style Express, which I accidently discovered during one of my Karama trips. It is 5-10mins walk from Karama metro...near Lulu hypermarket. I highly recommend this place... it is worth a visit...
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:47
Hi, I thought I'd update this thread with my Bur Dubai experience. After my dentist appt, I had a mosey around the building and found a salon called Beautiful Times. I walked in, and after being satisfied with the hygiene and lighting of the salon, told them which services I wanted, and the owner offered me a Dhs 30 discount on the total bill, still leaving me with a price that is more than 50% less than what my favorite Satwa salon currently charges. I returned the next day, using the Metro. I was waxed by two beauticians, but unlike my previous similar experience at Raneem salon, they were relatively gentle and thorough. Towards the end, one of the beauticians left to set up her station for the pedicure. I instructed her to not cut my cuticles, and she obliged. It was a really good pedicure, and overall the beautician was gentle. Apart from a few patches of skin that got torn off due to the waxing (I have super sensitive skin), I was really happy with the service provided and would return. I was charged Dhs 140 for: waxing full arms, full legs, underarms, and a basic pedicure (no polish).
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 18:56
Hi Veenz and Horizon Mum2, I'm planning to be in Bur Dubai later this week for a dentist appt, so I'll be in the area and need some basic grooming done. Can you pls recommend a few salons that you have visited and been happy with?
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 15:14
actually ladies... it's not too hard to believe... there are in fact numerous salons in the al nahda sharjah and even ghusais, deira, karama, bur dubai areas that offer similar packages for under 100dhs... they normally offer you any 4-5 items for that price... they are not particularly unhygienic or anything (they all have to pass the same municipality tests)... but of course their staff have only completed normal salon training from their home countries and would not have, for example, been trained by Essie experts for the manicures, etc... so naturally there will be a slight quality difference. there are many reasons why these salons can offer such competitive packages: - their rents are only around 40,000/- annually as opposed to those in, for example, the Jumeirah area or within a mall that need to pay 100s of 1000s for the same amount of space - the salons are normally small (one or two shutters) as opposed to a whole villa or 1200sq feet facility - they are usually only manned by three staff - one hair person, one nail person and one body person... which basically has a lot less overheads than having a 10-12 person team - often they use herbal brands or regular off the shelf polishes unlike supporting brands such as Tigi or Essie, etc. So... no I don't think the rates imply that their service is bad... I used to visit such salons prior to moving to Jumeirah and I often found those to be much better, more efficient (quicker) and nicer staff than I've had to deal with some of the more 'famous' chain salons & nail spas in this part of town! I agree with HorizonMum2 on this. They are not unhygienic or use sub standard products. Their overheads are less and the profit margin is less compared to the reputed salons.I still go to a salon in Bur Dubai to get my hair done, the senior hair stylist is amazing; the haircut, wash and blow-dry costs me only 80dhs. I prefer it over some of the reputed salons where I have paid a fortune and they have completely destroyed my hair.
Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 10:05
actually ladies... it's not too hard to believe... there are in fact numerous salons in the al nahda sharjah and even ghusais, deira, karama, bur dubai areas that offer similar packages for under 100dhs... they normally offer you any 4-5 items for that price... they are not particularly unhygienic or anything (they all have to pass the same municipality tests)... but of course their staff have only completed normal salon training from their home countries and would not have, for example, been trained by Essie experts for the manicures, etc... so naturally there will be a slight quality difference. there are many reasons why these salons can offer such competitive packages: - their rents are only around 40,000/- annually as opposed to those in, for example, the Jumeirah area or within a mall that need to pay 100s of 1000s for the same amount of space - the salons are normally small (one or two shutters) as opposed to a whole villa or 1200sq feet facility - they are usually only manned by three staff - one hair person, one nail person and one body person... which basically has a lot less overheads than having a 10-12 person team - often they use herbal brands or regular off the shelf polishes unlike supporting brands such as Tigi or Essie, etc. So... no I don't think the rates imply that their service is bad... I used to visit such salons prior to moving to Jumeirah and I often found those to be much better, more efficient (quicker) and nicer staff than I've had to deal with some of the more 'famous' chain salons & nail spas in this part of town!
Latest post on 10 October 2014 - 18:46
Yes ..Its true.. The service will not be good if someone offers all those for that cheap rate.
Latest post on 10 October 2014 - 11:03
hi any good beauty packages in saloon going on (near al nahda sharjah-- in 100 dhrms packages) covering waxing (legs , arms underarms)+ facial+hair cutting+threading eyebrows +pedicure etc... would like to go for the same. thanks Are you serious? There are any "such" packages? How do they afford to offer such cheap deals. I would at any cost not go to such salon. For sure i won't like to be treated with poor hygiene, sub standard products and untrained staff.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY