Snoopy Island | ExpatWoman.com

Snoopy Island

Latest post on 11 October 2014 - 21:24

Hi,

Has anyone heard of or been to Snoopy Island ?

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 15:00
TURTLES !! I love turtles, I'm definitely going now, the jelly fish just better keep out off my way :-) There were some lovely turtles last time I went, but the sharks were a surprise.
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 20:17
Has the marine life recovered? The last big oil spill we can recall was several years ago, but when we went to Snoopy Island last year, the fish life was still very sparse compared to what it used to be like before the pollution.
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 23:47
No jelly fish. No oil. Great surf.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 12:44
Surroundings are great the scenery is great and the chalets look really nice. The swimming would be exceptional however. Two weeks prior there was an oil spill and this is visual in the sea, you can't escape coming out of the water smelling of TAR and Crude Oil and people were coming out with brown and black marks all over their body. If this did not happen the day would have been great. The food in general is pretty poor; if you went here before Dubai or Abu Dhabi you would not be impressed. Views are spectacular and when the oil has cleared up this would be a great day or weekend away. If you are planning to snorkel and are looking to get to the island easy this hotel is ideal, it is 75DHS to get in with full sun bed for the day which his cheap.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 10:56
It is lovely, there should be no jelly fish at this time of the year, its when the water is very warm but do check. We have been there snorkiling and diving
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 17:56
No one warned us about the jellyfish and well.... we got stung badly!! Make sure before you go!
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:50
TURTLES !! I love turtles, I'm definitely going now, the jelly fish just better keep out off my way :-)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:45
It's lovely. The sound of the fish eating the coral is deafening. There can be lots of sea urchins though, so defo need to wear shoes. Lots of fish to sea, I've always seen turtles. You occasionally get small sharks as well. Just avoid during jellyfish season, as they are everywhere and the fishermen throw the torn apart jellies caught in their nets and it's hard to see the stingers.
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:34
Hi, Has anyone heard of or been to Snoopy Island ? Any information would be great. Thanks We have been many time, its great for snorkeling, really beautiful. If you lucky you can see turtles as we have many times
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 19:35
Not so new but only just heard of this place. Other places I've read about out of Dubai (other than the dolphins in Khasab) and then gone have been a bit rubbish. Thanks for the information, is it worth the trip ? Is there much fish life to see ?
Latest post on 11 October 2014 - 21:35
New to dubai? It is in Fujairah, a good snorkeling spot. A tiny island shaped like sleeping snoopy dog in easy swimming distance from the coast. You gotta drive to Sandy Beach Motel, and either stay there or pay for the daily ticket (last season was 75aed) to get in. The rooms in sandy are ok but not beautiful, if you need something nicer stay in the le meridien near to it, you can still attempt to swim from there if you are a good swimmer, or pay for the motorboat to take you. We usually just drive in the morning and come back in the evening, do not stay over, but you may combine it with a dhow trip from Dibba, in which case it is better to stay. There is a dive center in sandy beach and you can also rent scuba gear. Enjoy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY