Gaining weight but eating less | ExpatWoman.com

Gaining weight but eating less

Latest post on 12 October 2014 - 20:02

I am soooo frustrated. I am eating really not much. morning usually lite cappuchino, lunch salad and small lite dinner....I avoid many things and still I am not loosing weight. I can't go jogging because I have a knee injury for few months. I have changed the pill last November...now taking Cerazette which is actually heaven. I did not have my periode anymore. Not sure if the pill could be the problem! i feel uncomfortable, I am worried that I get a tummy...and my biggest problem are my hip and tighs. It feels they are getting bigger. Not matching the rest of my body ....the area between knees an waist is the problem the rest I feel well. How can I loose wait at hips and tighs? I don't have much time for sport as I always come late from office.
i am getting so frustrated...with small waist more hips shopping is getting frustrating.....

Latest post on 10 August 2015 - 12:31
I know I've entered into this thread a bit late - I'm having a bit of a slob out day and I tend to look at expat woman from time to time. I don't know if this helps but myself and husband for a few months have been worried about our weight and overall grape juice intake ;) plus I was getting fed up with my eyes being red all the time from dry eyes and blepharitis which had been diagnosed not by the doctor but by an optometrist. In fact I have to be honest my eyes were really getting me down for a good year as I looked like Count Dracula most of the time. So at the start of ramadan, I decided to stop drinking grape juice altogether which was starting to become too much like a bad habit and stick to soft drinks. Then at the end of Ramadan I was back in England and started taking some vitamin tablets called Centrum which miraculously seemed to cure my dry eyes and Blepharitis and since I've come back to Dubai I haven't had any flare ups since. (I promise this is going somewhere) Then start of last week my husband announced (just after I'd done a food shop typical!!) that he was going to start a diet. However, this is a diet with a difference and it is called The Harcombe Diet and I really recommend it. Sue Harcombe advocates that you don't need to exercise just to lose weight but you should exercise for other things such as stress relief. Which is fantastic as both myself and husband are not gym bunnies or runners to be honest. Both myself and husband have noticed a difference in the size of our stomachs which have lost that bloated look and my husband has lost 5lbs. To be honest I don't weigh myself and have only ever gone by the size of my stomach but I know I have lost weight. She advocates to eat as much as you can at each sitting. There are 3 phases to this and the first phase is to rid the body of candida, hypoglycaemia and food intolerances. Then in phase 2 you gradually re-introduce the foods to see which ones the body can digest and not digest. Its not starving yourself plus when you get to phase 3 you can have cheats. There is some saturated fats with it but the meals have been so good and healthy plus she provides eating plans which helps if you do work. I actually put down to the fact now that my eyes were so bad due to my bad diet and drinking and it has caught my interest so much that I am now doing an online course in nutrition. If you do the diet I would check with your doctor first. It is horrible knowing something is wrong but not knowing what to do about it and I wish you all the luck in the world.
Latest post on 01 August 2015 - 17:46
I am so frustrated! Feeling my hips and tighs getting bigger and I had no idea why.....now I know. I have lipidema. This is an illness. The doc said lot woman havet without knowing. They get bigger tighs and think they eating wrong. It seem to start through some hormon changes in body. It is not really known yet... I am pretty relieved, because now I can do something ...liposuction is one which shows good results. not sure if they can do it here? Its not the typical liposuction people do for cosmetic reason....Does anyone knows a real good surgeon here????
Latest post on 05 February 2015 - 08:56
I started working with a trainer here around 2 years ago and she changed my body completely. She's a nutritionist and a personal trainer and for the first time I felt like I could enjoy food and still get results. I never counted calories as like the OP it was something I just never wanted to do. She's with a company called Lifestyle now I think they're on Facebook but her number was 0566892032 if you want to try her out - Her names Arlene. It can be frustrating so I know what you're going through but you don't need to over think it once you know what you're doing and she teaches you. I hope you find the solution that works for you xxx
Latest post on 15 December 2014 - 16:08
That's interesting, amanso. I wonder how that works exactly..? Is it expensive? Do you need to take something before and/or after the procedure?
Latest post on 10 December 2014 - 08:33
lulubaker, did you find the order page? There's another website address you can try. www.buy-prescopodene.com
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 13:09
Where can you buy Prescopodene? Here's the link: http://www.prescopodene.com/
Latest post on 30 November 2014 - 09:06
might be an idea to check thyroid... I googled a bit ...maybe I should check out with a doc. That's a great idea... all the while reading the thread i was thinking the same thing as I know many really young ppl with this issue... it seems thyroid is a very common problem nowadays... hopefully you don't have it but if you do and you start treating it asap it would be of great help...!
Latest post on 30 November 2014 - 06:41
I felt you are a bit insensitive in this post. I started having weight issues right after I got married 3 years back. From Eu size 6 to size 14,16......I have hated my self for this. I knew what I was eating, I was using MFP , my food is full of nutrition and I know how much carb, protein or fiber I am eating. My husband and friends made fun of me saying "I eat healthy". When I used be to be on starving diet and will give up on carbs, I will shed a few killos immediately (that's normal water weight) but seriously for how long you can live without eating carbs? I don't workout properly, but I am a very active person and my work only involved around 5-6 Km walk and a lot of physical work too. Even if I was working out, nothing helped me. I went to see doc, I was told I have pcos, then insulin's resistance. Now n matter what I eat, a little of crabs, a little of salt is enough to literally "swell" me next morning. My eyes become puffy, my hands swell and I feel so bloated. I even check my thyroid....but it came negative. The story continued, I sometimes gave up and started eating whatever I could. Pizzas, pastas etc. BT then m busy and forget to eat some days so luckily my weight has never gone above certain number. I am still in over weight category. Now only 5 weeks back I was horrified to see my nails cracking, have some weird shape, my hair fall was to extreme (same as before), I have had mood swings forever, I feel depressed too but above all my work is important and I get up to work everyday, no matter what. I did some blood tests independetly, to my shock I have hypothoriod. Which those ***** Gp's couldn't diagnose. I knew there was something wrong with my body, by it took so long to find out, just because I don't LOOK sick. I am as good as always, no matter how bad I feel, I look fresh, happy and active BUT that does not exclude me from having such issues. It is written everywhere when you google, you might r might not have all the symptoms. To OP, if you are doing all the right things......it won't harm you doing some blood work to check your hormones. May be you have some underlying issue. Good luck!!! Rose, sounds like you have a lot of health issues and I know from [i'>personal[/i'> experience how rough that can be. I did not go into a diatribe on this thread about my own history but I have shared my struggles on this forum in the past. I had a horrific car wreck leaving permanent damage to my reproductive system, 50 extra kilos I struggled with losing at one point, crippling digestion issues, polymyalgia, and a damaged metabolism that even thyroid meds or blood sugar meds did not fix. I've also struggled with a hyper-attention to foods and nutrition, which is also considered a form of an eating disorder known as orthorexia these days, although there was no name for it at the time. I spent years in the formulation side of the supplement industry (think diet pills). As a result, on these topics, I tend to have strong opinions based on a decade of personal experience as a result. I have lived a lot of the experiences described here by other women. I have also worked with a lot of women in my time in the health and fitness industry. It is difficult, even for the medical community, to dissect why women gain weight, and the health problems that often accompany unexplained weight gain are difficult to navigate, because it is a chicken-egg argument. Which is causing which? In most cases, a thyroid condition is not to blame for weight gain, nor is a sluggish metabolism. The OP did not mention other symptoms like hair loss, fatigue, etc. Nothing wrong with getting bloodwork done; I believe in taking control of your own health and seeking answers. I don't believe that searching the internet about health conditions one may not even have is a worthy use of time, though, based on one symptom being weight gain. I say that because I've [i'>been[/i'> there. The majority of the time, the truth is that women are gaining weight or not losing it because of one or more of the following: 1) consuming more calories than they think they are or will admit 2) Consuming too few calories in order to support a healthy metabolism 3) changing hormones due to aging making weight loss more difficult (but not impossible) 4) workouts are not effective, or causing increased cortisol with no fat oxidation (think cardio bunnies) 5) sedentary lifestyle 6) stress 7) inefficient sleep cycles 8) metabolic memory associated with yo-yo dieting 9) inconsistent workout and eating habits 10) alcohol consumption 11) genetics....and so on. There is no cut and dried answer or magic formula. Everyone is unique. Medical conditions absent, for some women it is much harder to lose weight than others for no discernible reason, or any one or combination of the above. Based on my experiences, I am all about taking action and being solution oriented because wishing, whining, and feeling sorry for myself never got me anywhere. See a doctor if you have concerns, by all means. I did; I even got diagnosis or two, but that was not a solution nor the end of the story. I struggled with the emotional aspect, and it's a process. But in order to move forward, I had to "do the work" not just on my body, but on my mind. I am not sitting here, commenting from the perspective of a young, naturally athletic or lean lady who has never been obese or struggled with health issues past or present. Insensitive? I think you misunderstand me, but that's your opinion. <em>edited by Beebers on 30/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 21:49
Polly: At first, I called it "my fitness pest" because I am not technically inclined and it aggravated me. Within a week, it was second nature. Now, I rarely use it. May not be worth it to you, but I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to lose weight. Calories are the name of the game, and like suzy said, many people forget half of what they eat, nor know the caloric content. Sakhifa: Yes, in a few cases it leads to a fixation that would be considered mentally unhealthy or even an eating disorder. What are they calling it these days, Orthorexia? Basically, the food police. It's not the norm though, and for people worried about becoming obsessed, it's unlikely. This is directed at no one in particular: If you have the time to piddle around on facebook, EW, or read celeb gossip, you have the 5-10 minutes to waste on myfitnesspal. Promise. What you [b'>don't[/b'> have time for is 1. Being unhappy with the way you look. 2. Complaining to your friends or family. 3. Spending an hour on the internet researching conditions (i.e. thyroid) you probably DON'T have. Ask someone who truly has one. Some people can barely get out of bed. 4. Researching detoxes. You have a liver, that's what it does. Detoxes have a placebo effect if any. 5.Researching the miracle supplement you can take to do work for you. It won't. edited by Beebers on 16/10/2014 I felt you are a bit insensitive in this post. I started having weight issues right after I got married 3 years back. From Eu size 6 to size 14,16......I have hated my self for this. I knew what I was eating, I was using MFP , my food is full of nutrition and I know how much carb, protein or fiber I am eating. My husband and friends made fun of me saying "I eat healthy". When I used be to be on starving diet and will give up on carbs, I will shed a few killos immediately (that's normal water weight) but seriously for how long you can live without eating carbs? I don't workout properly, but I am a very active person and my work only involved around 5-6 Km walk and a lot of physical work too. Even if I was working out, nothing helped me. I went to see doc, I was told I have pcos, then insulin's resistance. Now n matter what I eat, a little of crabs, a little of salt is enough to literally "swell" me next morning. My eyes become puffy, my hands swell and I feel so bloated. I even check my thyroid....but it came negative. The story continued, I sometimes gave up and started eating whatever I could. Pizzas, pastas etc. BT then m busy and forget to eat some days so luckily my weight has never gone above certain number. I am still in over weight category. Now only 5 weeks back I was horrified to see my nails cracking, have some weird shape, my hair fall was to extreme (same as before), I have had mood swings forever, I feel depressed too but above all my work is important and I get up to work everyday, no matter what. I did some blood tests independetly, to my shock I have hypothoriod. Which those ***** Gp's couldn't diagnose. I knew there was something wrong with my body, by it took so long to find out, just because I don't LOOK sick. I am as good as always, no matter how bad I feel, I look fresh, happy and active BUT that does not exclude me from having such issues. It is written everywhere when you google, you might r might not have all the symptoms. To OP, if you are doing all the right things......it won't harm you doing some blood work to check your hormones. May be you have some underlying issue. Good luck!!!
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 20:27
I watched a program on tv once (cannot remember the name) where this family was trying to be healthy. They filled in food diaries and according to their diaries they were eating very little. They had cameras in the house and unbeknown to them the crew followed them around and filmed them. It was interesting to see that for most of them they had underestimated what they actually eat by about 50%. That really got me thinking. I decided for one week to take a photo of absolutely everything I eat and drink. It was a real eye opener, and like the folks on that program I was eating more than I thought I was. This has really helped me cut back. edited by suzy on 16/10/2014 The show is called Secret Eaters. Love watching it as I find it hilarious how some people moan how they dont lose weight but drive through McDonalds during the day.
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 12:41
Where can you buy Prescopodene?
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 12:12
Fairydust is right, your diet is dreadful. Start the day with a small meal to kickstart your digestive system and metabolism, even if it is just a yoghurt and banana your body needs fuel. What is your salad made of? I cant eat lettuce or leaves as it upsets my stomach and makes me bloated, you may have a similar problem. Introduce other raw vegetables and increase your lean protein, the protein will help your body turn fat into fuel. Exercise is a NECESSITY, even if it is a 20 minute walk or a swim you need to increase your heart rate to help burn more calories, as the weather gets better it should be easier to get outside and get moving. You don't need to jog or run but you do need to do something. Agreed... maybe you should let your knee rest for a few days before you start exercising earnestly but than do your best... really there are no short cuts to be fit...
Latest post on 29 November 2014 - 08:29
Beebers: Thank you. I just started going back to the gym, I don't get that hungry sometimes because when I'm running around I tend to forget to eat at times but when I have nothing to do I munch and munch out of boredom. My activity level is pretty high, it's my eating I need to get into check. On that note, Is the movie popcorn here really that bad? :big grin: I get the caramel/cheddar. Okay, well there you go, your eating patterns are not consistent, so your hunger will not be consistent either. Since you just started going back to the gym, your body may not have "picked up on" that activity level increase to the point where your hunger is increasing due to an increased metabolism. I don't mean this in a rude way at all: running around and being busy, doing household chores, these things don't always equal a high activity level that would cause metabolic increase the way purposeful and focused training will. (unless you were so busy you never, ever ate much, then obviously you would lose fat). Might I suggest doing a 3 meal-a-day plan (that you can stick to even on your busy days) and have things around the house that are "forgiving" for the days when you are subject to eat out of boredom? Whatever is in my house, I am subject to eating, so I keep carrots, pickles, apples and grapes on hand for the times when I just need to keep my mouth occupied-- or I wake up in the middle of the night and need something. Can't do much damage with those, and you won't eat what you don't buy and stock. As far as a food being "bad," I no longer classify foods as inherently good or bad (Unless you have health concerns to the point where it behooves you to avoid certain foods). This is just my opinion, but it works for me and just about everyone else I know. I believe you can eat what you want as long as protein makes up about 40% of your daily caloric intake, and you do not exceed the daily calories necessary for you to be in a deficit. So on the days where I want to eat something like that, I do one of two things. 1) Plug it into myfitnesspal app and track it (I guess at the serving size) keeping my numbers for the day intact, although I may be hungry as movie popcorn is not necessarily satisfying and a lot of "empty calories." 2) I eat something like that on a "free day" and don't count a thing. The second option is usually easier for me :) Disclaimer: I am not suggesting that eating movie theater popcorn everyday, or junk food in general, is "healthy." But then again, who does that? <em>edited by Beebers on 29/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 22:01
Beebers: Thank you. I just started going back to the gym, I don't get that hungry sometimes because when I'm running around I tend to forget to eat at times but when I have nothing to do I munch and munch out of boredom. My activity level is pretty high, it's my eating I need to get into check. On that note, Is the movie popcorn here really that bad? :big grin: I get the caramel/cheddar.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 16:59
Beebers, you're so knowledgable :) come train us Ewers. I've been told that i need to eat 5/6 times a day but i don't get that hungry to eat all the time, I prefer 3. Is that harming me or hindering my weight loss efforts? InWhySee, I stand convinced that the number of meals per day does not matter, and this is from experiments with my own daily meal schedule and what the science shows. When IT (intermittent fasting) became all the rage, there were sophisticated studies conducted to determine if this method was truly superior to eating multiple meals per day. Both the camp of 5-6 meals a day and the IT camp believed their method boosted metabolism and sped up fat loss more. Well, your metabolism spikes after each meal, yes, as the 5-6 meal camp suggests. However, the spikes of increase are smaller. Whereas, the IT camp (eating 2x a day 6-12 hours apart is one way of IT) had greater metabolic spikes after eating, but also lower decreases in metabolism between meals. So no... it does not matter as it evens out. I think the most important thing is devising a strategy that is conducive to your lifestyle. Not everyone can travel around with 5 meals, store them properly, and have the break time to eat--or like you--they are simply not hungry that often. So something you cannot stick with can't work! Some would tell you to eat more, and you will eventually develop more of an appetite. This can be true; your lack of hunger could be a sign of a slagging metabolism. However, it could also mean you don't have a high activity level. (look into that :) )But for now, just make sure your meals are balanced. Try to have the majority of the meal protein and carbs, with fat being the lowest %. And the number at the end of the day, the caloric total, is where it's at.
Latest post on 28 November 2014 - 12:23
I like most everything you said, CrepeSuzette :) Only things I would add is that the number of meals and meal frequency are not directly linked to metabolism the way the fitness industry would like us to believe. A lot of that was hyperbolized in order to mass market protein shakes and promote books, and specific programs. Conversely, intermittent fasting is not superior either, as some proponents of IT have also tried to claim their method is superior for boosting metabolism. Eating boosts metabolism, full stop. The longer you go between meals, the lower the "dip" in between, and the higher the metabolic boost when you do eat. It all comes down to which method is convenient and can be turned into [b'>regimentation and consistency.[/b'> I personally do 5 like you. My meals increase in size/calories/carbs as the day goes on, because I feel higher energy and more mental clarity "pecking" throughout the day, and after I train in the evening, I love a big plate of meat and potatoes :) Meal frequency should be tailored for the individual regarding sustainability long terms and reasons mentioned above. Those who should be most concerned with this factor are those with insulin resistance, diabetes, hyper/hypoglycemia, and so on. One more thing....100 squats in a row is about all I can handle, and I consider myself advanced in fitness with decent knees. The OP might croak if she tries that, good knees or not. You must be the Squatenator if that's a breeze ;) Beebers, you're so knowledgable :) come train us Ewers. I've been told that i need to eat 5/6 times a day but i don't get that hungry to eat all the time, I prefer 3. Is that harming me or hindering my weight loss efforts?
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 11:43
By the way, I, myself, am taking something to help me lose weight and it's called Prescopodene. Tremendous help, so far.
Latest post on 27 November 2014 - 11:37
Learned so much just reading this particular thread. Thank you. Well, I'm no expert but I certainly know a thing or two about losing weight. I agree that you should not be starving yourself or skipping meals. You should eat but watch what you're eating and learn more about balanced diet. There are types of food that are generally known or perceived as bad but are, in fact, good...if taken or consumed in the right amount...and knowing this is the hard part. I've noticed a few of you take diet supplements/weight loss pills. What are some of the good ones, you think?
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 01:43
You have already been given great advice and I don't have anything to add about nutrition, but I do have a suggestion about exercise. You say you can't exercise because of a knee problem...have you ever considered yoga? Yoga does bring your heart rate up and makes you sweat. There is a yoga program named "DDP Yoga" taught by a former WWF Wrestler. There are plenty of yoga workout programs out there but with DDP yoga, there are several different videos, and he has someone doing modifications in the videos for those new, or unable to do the full poses. There is a Youtube video of a man who did DDP yoga, lost a ton of weight and completely cured himself despite doctors having told him he would never walk unassisted again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448 There is also Pilates, though yoga raises your heartbeat and makes you sweat more, so it is more a toning workout. I have done these two workouts that are available on Amazon for downloading for only $2 each (but I don't know if Amazon lets you download from UAE): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1ZWADO/ref=dv_dp_ep3 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1ZUTL4/ref=dv_dp_ep1 This is level 1 and 2 of a 4 part program. I felt awesome and long and lean after doing it for around 2 months and was almost ready to do the level 3 DVD when I broke my tailbone and now I am too scared to try pilates again because a lot of moves use the tailbone :(
Latest post on 17 October 2014 - 18:02
Beebers..I always love your answers Thekrushr - I really like your response. It is so true. The minute we talk about weight LOSS we actually program our minds etc to hold onto the weight. It should never be about deprivation, guilt and cravings. Tell someone not to think of say an elephant and what's the immediate picture we get in our heads. Ditto, telling yourself not to eat chocolate or whatever...immediately a picture of us eating chocolate pops into our heads. Removing the words " lose weight" and " don't" is half the battle. I was horrified last week when someone wrote they couldn't sleep because going to bed hungry. If you make good healthy food choices ( note the use of the word choice rather than must not etc) you can still eat enough to food to make you not feel hunger pains but also allow you to lose weight. Some drinks for eg in Costa coffee have over 400 calories but do nothing to fill one up yet there are meals one can eat containing 400 calories or less that very much fill one up.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 23:06
Too many people focus on losing weight rather than living well and eating for optimal health. OP, I highly suggest you read "It Starts With Food." It is an excellent book which explains the science and psychology of food. The main takeaway is that a healthy lifestyle (which will naturally lead to weight loss if you are overweight) does not have to be a struggle of cravings, guilt, deprivation, etc. If you eliminate foods which create an unhealthy psychological response, you will eventually (usually within 2-4 weeks) stop craving them and start craving foods which contribute to good health. You won't have to count calories, as your body and brain will begin to communicate more effectively and you won't feel compelled to overeat. I have been following this lifestyle for a few years, and it works. I am healthier than I have ever been, I'm lean and strong, and I still enjoy food very much. I don't eat junk, and I don't miss it. In fact, I look forward to eating vegetables! Good luck whatever you choose to do.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 22:38
Beebers - Very well said - great advice! :) :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 21:12
Beebers you should mentor us EWers! We should have to meet you once a week with our food diaries! Then you can make us all walk round MOE ten times. [img'>http://www.pic4ever.com/images/129fs238648.gif[/img'> Diaries you will log Miles you will walk LOL x I nominate Fairy Dust or Crepe Suzette!
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 21:05
Beebers you should mentor us EWers! We should have to meet you once a week with our food diaries! Then you can make us all walk round MOE ten times.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 21:05
Beebers you should mentor us EWers! We should have to meet you once a week with our food diaries! Then you can make us all walk round MOE ten times.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 20:57
Fairy Dust: We beat the same drum. Always nodding when reading your posts :) CrepeSuzette: So do you :) I've been a trainer intermittently over the years but not at present. Sounds like you are walking the walk! Ilovecandy: There was a time when I was reaching the numbers MFP was telling me I would in "5 weeks," but that was when I was eating in a caloric deficit and running 5km/day with no weight training for a 2 month stint last year. Put some on when I started weight training. Glycogen, interstitial fat, increased bone density, water, etc and then the scale was irrelevant. It is a motivating feature though, for some! Polly: Those '5' were my own personal history, and I could go on. Eventually ya quit beating your head against the wall Coffeebean: Hi!! :) Schnuppi: I hope our answers are not discouraging to you--most if not all of us have been in your shoes and that is why some of the tough love--we are just telling you the truth. Reading again through the recommendations, it might look like a lot to take in all at once, but you don't have to do it all. In fact those that try to drastically change overnight have high failure rates. The good thing is you are at zero. What do I mean? Not exercising, not counting your calories, not being consistent--the only place for you to go is up! Pick one action that is in line with your goal. Just one. Like: 1. I will count my calories for 3 days in a row, so I at least know where I am at. (How do you know what to change if you don't establish a baseline?) 2. I will do some push-ups every morning when I wake up until I can do 10. If I cannot even do one, I will still try every day until I can do 10. 3. I will walk to pick up that dozen of eggs rather than call delivery. 4. I will go stand up and walk around various times during the day rather than stay seated at my desk 5. I will park further away from the entrance than normal at the mall 6. I will lie on a mat and do leg/bum lifts while I watch tv Pick something, anything, and make it a habit. It will do mental wonders and you'll feel better the next time you focus on the weight you want to lose, because, you are doing something about it. <em>edited by Beebers on 16/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 18:27
Another thought re: 200 calorie coffees... According to the treadmill tracker, I burn around 100 calories every 15 minutes when walking at a speed of 6km/hr on incline. So... As an example, to burn just one coffee, it would take 30 minutes. So... to get past the calorie burning range and into the fat burning range, you'd have to workout harder and/or longer, yes or no?
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:21
Beebers - You sound like a super fun person to train with! Very knowledgable when it comes to health and fitness! Are you a PT? Oh yeah, 200 squats are definitely something to build up to, but they are an amazing workout for your butt, hey?! I'm still sore from leg day which was 3 days ago. I do body weight squats only. I know the OP has a bad knee, but perhaps it's something she can keep in mind for the future when it heals. :) Yes - MFP is a pain, but for me it totally worked. It makes you think twice about what you put in your mouth... Especially when you have to go through the trouble of recording it! Suzy - YES - taking photos of everything you eat is also really effective!! Less of a pain than MFP. I did it for a short time, and would put together a collage at the end of each day to have a complete overview of what I ate. You want all those pics to look healthy :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:16
Ilovecandy - it's only a recommendation - again everyone is different. pollydxb1 - head to a gym or a doctor with a set of biometric scales - the ones that you stand on mtal plates and hold metal arms - it runs a low electric current through the body, takes heart rate, works out fat/muscles masses etc. To give you an example, my BMR is 1300 - my recommended calories intake for what I want to achieve is 1866, broken down into basically so many grams of carbs, protein and fat each day. Most starbucks/costa coffees you'll find are 100 plus calories. That's why you have to factor in drinks as well. Alcohol contains massive amounts of calories as well. One of the biggest things you can do to cut calories is ditch the booze.
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:02
Thanks FD & Beebers - fantastic replies. FD - Firstly how or where do I go to work out my BMR? & what constitutes a 200 cal coffee? Beebers - love your 1 -5 - not guilty of all of them, but definitely a few!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY