Recommendations for Camel riding in a desert | ExpatWoman.com

Recommendations for Camel riding in a desert

Latest post on 13 October 2014 - 20:05

Hello ladies,

One of our friends would like to go for a camel ride in a desert when they come over to visit in a couple of weeks, can you please recommend a place we could book for him?

Thank you very much

Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 09:59
I don't know anything about the JBR Hilton association to camel riding, but I live across from there and my children and I went down to the beach Friday and camels were there, and two people got on for a ride. They were at the Sadaf/Murjan end and the camels headed up towards the Le Meridien. Maybe just pop down to verify that they will be there when your visitors are?
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 22:59
I bought the time out Dubai magazine of nov today, just saw that there is a 2 for 1 voucher for Al Sahra Desert Resort for a Camel tour. In case you may consider;)
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 20:11
There used to be a couple of camels outside the Dolphinarium at Creek park. Not sure whether they are still there.
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 18:26
Al Sahra Desert Resort do desert camel rides, also sunset champagne desert camel rides! http://www.jaresortshotels.com/Properties/AlSahraDesertResort/EquestrianCenter/CamelExcursion.aspx
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 18:14
Thanks for suggestions, everyone, but I think I may have to admit defeat on this. We are only after a camel ride, not a Desert Safari Tour, or a 90 minute lesson far out at an equestrian centre or anything (even though your description makes it sound pretty awesome, suznz! :) )...but these seem to be the only available options. I called JBR Hilton and they said they (and anyone else) have stopped the camel rides on the beach since all the building work was completed which is a major bummer as that would have been perfect. Just a hop on and hop off kind of thing :( Ah well...
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 09:57
My parents wanted to do a camel ride in the desert (they had already done a desert safari with a camel ride but it wasn't enough!) when they were here beginning of Oct. We went with Al Sahara stables who offer a 'Camel Encounter'. It was fabulous! We were introduced to the camels, told a lot of facts about them, then went on a 45min plus (it was more like an hour). We all loved it - including my three year old daughter who did not want to get off the camel (even after an hour!) and then did not want to leave them! To finish off the experience, you can taste camels milk if you like. Highly recommend it
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 08:28
His name escapes me right now but the desert safari guy that MrsB on here recommends has camel riding included in his safari package. It was a great service amd I reckon many on EW have used him following MrsB's recommendation.
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 23:06
Hello ladies, One of our friends would like to go for a camel ride in a desert when they come over to visit in a couple of weeks, can you please recommend a place we could book for him? Thank you very much I know Bab al Shams do it but not sure the rules regarding it...
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 19:56
not that this is much help but i saw two camels (with saddles and bridles) yesterday at about 4 pm in a pick up going along al Manara street towards the beach..... maybe they were heading to the beach near Burj Al Arab
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 19:53
*Bump* I also have a friend arriving on Tuesday 4th Nov who would also like to go camel riding. Any recommendations? <em>edited by poshbird87 on 31/10/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY