Wedding Venues in Dubai - Please help | ExpatWoman.com

Wedding Venues in Dubai - Please help

Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 14:03
We have attended a wedding in Ramada Plaza Hotel on JBR. They rented the Brazilan restaurant on the 50th floor with the full terrace. The wedding started late afternoon and the view from the top was amazing. The food is also fantastic as it all you can eat! check it out!
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 15:01
Just want to add to previous list - Bab Al Shams - lovely place.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:42
I've not planned a wedding in Dubai, but I've attended two really lovely weddings at the Jebel Ali Hotel Resort! I think it's much more affordable than the big beach hotels in Dubai.
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 13:57
I had my wedding reception in the H Hotel and it was fantastic! Everything was truly far and above our expectations. I take it your friend knows she can't actually 'legally' get married at any of these venues and the legal part has to be done in one of the churches. You can only have a 'blessing' ceremony - which many people pass off as their actual wedding. (unless this has changed AGAIN - but certainly when we got married that's what we were told). Just be advised that the minute you mention 'Wedding' the prices for everything go up. I sourced my own flowers etc and got them at far better prices. <em>edited by FairyDust on 25/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 22:02
Hi bb1, we looked at loads of wedding venues in Dubai & thought we'd chosen. On a whim we then looked at Kempinski on the Palm last-minute and it beat all the others. We could have ceremony on the beach. Had dinner on the beachside lawn but they do have a ballroom, and rented the beachside villa for drinks/canapés and 'after-party' as most venues have to end at 11.30pm. Hope your friend finds the perfect place for her big day! <em>edited by Britgirldubai on 24/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 20:11
Ladies, a big thank you to you all. My friend has also passed her gratitude to you all. She was very concerned as she does not live here and did not want to get opinions off people as she does not know anyone who got married in Dubai and wanted to ensure like eveyone that her wedding will be the best day of her life..thank you for all this as now it has made her feel at ease that these hotels are good. Hey Bonbon,if your friend needs any further help for the wedding please ask her to contact Leroy at Crimson Events :[email protected]
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 08:03
Ladies, a big thank you to you all. My friend has also passed her gratitude to you all. She was very concerned as she does not live here and did not want to get opinions off people as she does not know anyone who got married in Dubai and wanted to ensure like eveyone that her wedding will be the best day of her life..thank you for all this as now it has made her feel at ease that these hotels are good.
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 19:02
Hi Bonbon, I have attended weddings/black tie receptions at all of these except for Monarch/H Hotel. My view is that the food and service is much of a muchness as they are all experienced at hosting these events. •Park Hyatt: Beautiful hotel but once you are in function room it looks like any other. Still high standard though. •Monarch/H Hotel: N/A •Grand Hyatt: Great for very large weddings (e.g. local ones). V experienced due to size and age of hotel (over 10 yrs). •Hyatt Regency Deira (not sure of location due to heavy traffic and area near souk and naif): Lovely views of Creek but obviously older hotel. Also agree re: location. •Fairmont on the Palm: Very nice brand new ballroom. Only issue may be access (on Palm - not everyone likes driving there). •Al Qasr (seems way over her budget): Definitely not worth the extra as once you are in function room it looks like any other hotel and you don't benefit from the surroundings. •One and Only Royal Mirage: I love this hotel. More established *and* luxurious. Ladies toilet are fab (lol). May need to double-check size of ballroom though. •Westin: Very good all round. Am guessing it might be expensive though. Others with large ballrooms you may wish to try are the Intercontinental in FC and the Movenpick Oud Metha (v popular for local weddings). Good luck! Hth xx <em>edited by WhiteOrchid on 15/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 13:35
hi Bonbon congratulations to your friend on her upcoming wedding! exciting times! and a big hats off to you for helping her organise it! i organise weddings on a professional level so i know exactly how chaotic the weeks (and often, months) leading up to a wedding can be... with regards to the venues, there are many that offer a much more competitive rate but these are often not the '5' star hotels beach front hotels... look at options such as these for your number of guests: - Shangri La (indoor ballroom) - Dusit Dubai (indoor ballroom) - Murooj Rotana (indoor ballroom) - Le Royal Meridien (indoor ballroom) - JW Marriott Deira (indoor ballroom) - Montgomerie Golf Club (outdoor area that can be tented, etc.) - Dubai Polo Club (outdoor area for that number of guests) - Intercontinental Festival City (indoor ballroom and outdoor golf course option) - Desert Palm Retreat for the blessings in the desert you can contact Arabian Adventures and they will organise this for you with all the necessary permits
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 12:38
BTW - Monarch doesn't exist anymore, hasn't done for years - it is now called the H Hotel
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 10:32
Hi BonBon, We held my brother's wedding at The Westin last November for about the same number of people and we paid 250 Dhs per person. Depending on how extravagant that you want the wedding, your friend may end up paying a lot more for extras. We had a wedding planner help us plan the event (let me know if you need a recommendation), and so we ended up not using a lot of the things that came with the package. The hotel were great to deal with and generally accommodating with our requests, the lady that was allocated to our event was great, although she didn't have a lot of authority on somethings but she usually helped us negotiate what we wanted - we had an issue with the wedding cake which she helped us deal with. Unfortunately she has since left the country. The food was incredible - I can't tell you how many of our guests complimented the food. I would recommend The Westin, but my biggest piece of advice is to negotiate. Although that is my advice for wherever your friend goes with! I doubt that you will have luck getting the price down, but you can negotiate more for your money, in particular with regards to the menu. Other places to consider: The Emirates Towers Goldolphin Ballroom (I think that was slightly cheaper than 250dhs), The Murooj Rotana (definitely cheaper), The H Hotel, The Ritz Carlton DIFC. Those are all hotels that offer packages around the same price as what your friend is looking at. I would stay clear of any of the Jumeirah properties as they are much higher in price. The One and Only Royal Mirage and The Downtown Address probably wont work as they have small ballrooms. I planned my brother's wedding, hence I have a lot of info!
Latest post on 15 October 2014 - 09:28
Hi All, I am rewriting this post as I was asking for a lot of info that was already on the threads so managed to find these by searching – thank you. My friends having her wedding in Dubai. Do you have any personal experiences as a guest or held your wedding in Dubai to share – please do help. My friend is looking for a venue in Dubai to hold 300 guests. She is looking at 2 events: 1.Outdoors in the desert or at the beach – how can she go about hiring a desert area or a beach area that is not part of a hotel – due to expenses 2.Wedding reception to be held at an indoor hotel venue For the reception she has spoken to the following: •Park Hyatt •Monarch •Grand Hyatt •Hyatt Regency Deira (not sure of location due to heavy traffic and area near souk and naif) •Fairmont on the Palm •Al Qasr (seems way over her budget) •One and Only Royal Mirage •Westin 1.Can anyone share their experiences with the above in relation to wedding functions/other functions – want to know how good these are in terms of keeping their promises on quality, service, food etc 2.Also per head the costs start at AED 250 pp – is this normal? 3.Pls can you recommend any other hotels (not in JBR or Deira) in Dubai that you recommend Thanks and God Bless

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY