20 on 20 | ExpatWoman.com

20 on 20

Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:31

I'm doing a photography project and I need to post 20 photos taken on the 20th of this month. Last month it was 15 on 15, and previously 10 on 10 ... well, you get the idea. Thank goodness, the project is completed in December with 30 on 30 :)

I'm looking for your suggestions on places where you would go around the city, and what you would shoot. I'm beginning to run out of creative ideas.

Many thanks in advance.

Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 11:47
Beautiful photos on that site!
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 00:35
The shoes outside the mosque during prayer. You will see all styles from many nationalities, many walks of life Some shoes pristine and clean, others worn and ragged from work From flip flops to expensive Italian leather Variations But yet those who walk in them are all the same when praying before God and in Gods eyes
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 00:29
Recently I took some good pictures of lots of yellow school buses and uniformed school kids following orders of their trainers. I made them black and white. It has a clear resemblance to prisons. What is a happy place? Is childhood happy?
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 12:42
You can easily take more than 20 photos in the Miracle Garden but the theme will all be the same.... I once took a lot of photos around the antique/carpet stores in the Souk Madinat plus scenes of the Burj al Arab and the abras...
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 12:16
What about shots of traffic driver's faces in rush hour - if that's allowed and you can get close ups standing in a safe place?!
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 20:13
20 old arabic doors in satwa/badia/jafaliya 20 different spices in the spice souk 20 people doing something you don't see every day (a man pushing a cart beside the creek, a man unloading things from a dhow by hand etc) 20 different views of Burj Khalifa (from 20 different spots around the city) What an awesome project!
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 19:06
Mille mercis, Nayls85 & Guinness2 Al Quoz sounds like a good strategy for my morning shoots! :)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 15:41
Al Quoz is interesting for photos - along with labour accommodation there's also lots of random warehouses hosting anything from car workshops to gyms, coffee distribution, craft houses, 2nd hand antiques, cemetery etc
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 10:39
These are all great suggestions - thanks! The Creek in the late afternoon, and construction workers at night are super ideas. Now only need to schedule my early a.m. ... Redrec Tangle, I need to take the 20 photos all on Oct 20th so I'm trying to prepare my shooting day in advance. Will try and work in Breast Cancer Awareness to at least one of my shots. Oopsiedaisey, I worry that I wouldn't waddle away from the 5th or 6th chocolate shop ;)
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 10:13
Since this is the month of breast cancer awareness and there have been numerous events tied in with that, maybe you could take photographs of a charity sale/run/marathon, or just different things with that as your theme, such as the ribbon, or the color, or people in slogan t-shirts (with their permission), or visit a hospital that's running a screening and take pictures there. Or all of it, to make a small set of photos. I assume you have the 20 days of the month before you have to submit your collection on the 20th, so you still have a few days to get some nice pictures. Just saw on the EW page there is a sewing marathon session taking place at Dubai Marina mall with volunteers helping out. <em>edited by Redrec Tangle on 16/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 10:07
Al Quoz, at about 7am or 5pm, when all the colorful laborers are out and about ...
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:54
- The Flagpole by the Docks - The Jumeirah Mosque - The Dubai Creek (preferably a view from an Abra) - Burj Dubai - Burj Khalifa - Safa Park - Jumeirah Beach - Miracle Garden for starters
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:46
Go to the Creek, there are some amazing pics to take on both sides. Get on a dhow and cross over, go to the gold and spice souks, the textile souk, the bastikia and near the Iranian mosque - which is beautiful during the afternoon sun. I went with GPP a few years ago and I think I took over 800 photos in a few hours, the light was amazing in the afternoon and then into the evening. Try a construction site as well where you can take portraits of the workers, night shots over SZR if you are game, also when it opens Global Village, maybe even a day at the polo fields. <em>edited by littleone on 16/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 16 October 2014 - 09:38
20 pics of similar things, like 20 different chocolate shops, tailor's, mosque's etc.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY