Looking for a job.. | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for a job..

Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 23:40
Are you a Native Arabic speaker? I spoke to a lady in AD recently who is British however speaks Arabic fluently and has been turned down at interviews as a lot of cos in AD are looking for Native Arabic speakers who can speak English fluently these days. If you have a license, consider AD. 2 years is not a lot of experience, though. [b'>By 23, the competition can have 4 years experience[/b'>, so be prepared to polish your CV Are you American? Or were you only living there? Consider Apple, as I believe they were recruiting recently for their flagship regional hub. There is stiff competition in this field, as Indians dominate it and there are a lot of Indians workers here looking for positions. edited by Londiamond on 19/10/2014 If they do they're unlikely to have the same qualifications !! It is 3 years for a bachelors. School ends at 18. By 24, starting to work part time in the final year, a lot start working at 20 off degrees, those who went direct after school, then by 24, there is 4 years under their belt. The past 3 CVs I was given, the candidates had a nice experience tally. The above is a good thing to keep in thought when hearing to keep your CV sparkling as PEOPLE LIE! They lie like they BREATHE. SO, these great CVs are LIES. And thry have friends or relatives who will back these lies, saying that they had employed the person. They do it because a lot desperately need the position.They do it as grads never get given a foot in the door, even when they know how to do the role however the WORK {EXPERIENCE section implies otherwise. It does not matter, all that matters is that they do it. And that only makes getting that position that extra bit harder. So, do not give up. As others have said. moonzjar your age is a hard sell as most recall their life experience being rather lacking at age 23, no matter the degree behind them. i am sorry to say but if you really need a job you must elaborate a bit on your cv. extend the dates & bump up your role as much as your smarts can allow with out being out of you league during interview. make sure you have an appealing professional pic at the top. i say this b/c i have been there and i know countless people who have done the same. i obviously don't hate on those who choose to beef up their cv… its a jungle out there and only the strongest survive or get the job ;)
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 17:25
Are you a Native Arabic speaker? I spoke to a lady in AD recently who is British however speaks Arabic fluently and has been turned down at interviews as a lot of cos in AD are looking for Native Arabic speakers who can speak English fluently these days. If you have a license, consider AD. 2 years is not a lot of experience, though. [b'>By 23, the competition can have 4 years experience[/b'>, so be prepared to polish your CV Are you American? Or were you only living there? Consider Apple, as I believe they were recruiting recently for their flagship regional hub. There is stiff competition in this field, as Indians dominate it and there are a lot of Indians workers here looking for positions. edited by Londiamond on 19/10/2014 If they do they're unlikely to have the same qualifications !! It is 3 years for a bachelors. School ends at 18. By 24, starting to work part time in the final year, a lot start working at 20 off degrees, those who went direct after school, then by 24, there is 4 years under their belt. The past 3 CVs I was given, the candidates had a nice experience tally. The above is a good thing to keep in thought when hearing to keep your CV sparkling as PEOPLE LIE! They lie like they BREATHE. SO, these great CVs are LIES. And thry have friends or relatives who will back these lies, saying that they had employed the person. They do it because a lot desperately need the position.They do it as grads never get given a foot in the door, even when they know how to do the role however the WORK {EXPERIENCE section implies otherwise. It does not matter, all that matters is that they do it. And that only makes getting that position that extra bit harder. So, do not give up. As others have said. The EW board, as given below by admin, has a lot of posts. Tell friends you are looking, I have gotten two staff through personal referrals. Hayes.ae once had a few good roles. Try company websites, a lot of the big places, google, airbnb for example, advertise on their sites. <em>edited by Londiamond on 19/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 16:10
in case you want to change your field try Emirates Group. They have endless possibilities from office admin job to an airport ramp staff. Whn i was looking for a job it took me 8 months to get a call back from them but i did. 4 interviews later i had the job. it was worth the strangle and wait !
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 15:29
Hello, I feel your pain, they reckon even securing an interview is good stuff here ! I am from the UK and although it takes a while to secure a position it is not as long as here! I got to 3rd interview just last week only to be pipped to post by another candidate but you must not give up it is competitive out there but get registering with recruitment agencies ...try Nadia, Irwin & Dow Manpower, Hays also apply for jobs on Bayt and Gulftalent ...I am probably missing others but really just look every day if you can ... I met a lady recently and she said its taken her 6months to even get an interview. xx
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 15:27
Agencies in the UAE are Michael Page Hays BAC M.E Morgan McKinley Kershaw Leonard Many recruiters use Gulf Talent and Linked IN Most recruiters work on the client side and will only contact you if they have a suitable vacancy. I would also check the career websites of UAE based companies as many companies recruit directly in order to save costs Good Luck
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 15:24
Well I am currently in Dubai, and I a native arabic speaker as well American (my moms side). I am aware 2 years might sound nothing, but I was working with SAP during college and I only graduated last year and I have many projects and ideas. I know if the table was to be turned and i am in the US, it would be so much easier for me to get a job. there was a walk in interview about 3 weeks ago in DSO, well it was so not professional the place smells like herbs and i thought it was weird. maybe if you ladies can list names of recruitment companies that worked for you. I am up for networking and meeting new professionals..
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 15:10
Are you a Native Arabic speaker? I spoke to a lady in AD recently who is British however speaks Arabic fluently and has been turned down at interviews as a lot of cos in AD are looking for Native Arabic speakers who can speak English fluently these days. If you have a license, consider AD. 2 years is not a lot of experience, though. [b'>By 23, the competition can have 4 years experience[/b'>, so be prepared to polish your CV Are you American? Or were you only living there? Consider Apple, as I believe they were recruiting recently for their flagship regional hub. There is stiff competition in this field, as Indians dominate it and there are a lot of Indians workers here looking for positions. edited by Londiamond on 19/10/2014 If they do they're unlikely to have the same qualifications !!
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 14:41
Hi moonzjar, You can check out our Abu Dhabi jobs section here - http://www.expatwoman.com/abudhabi/monthly_abudhabi_jobs.aspx Happy hunting! EW Admin
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 14:38
Are you a Native Arabic speaker? I spoke to a lady in AD recently who is British however speaks Arabic fluently and has been turned down at interviews as a lot of cos in AD are looking for Native Arabic speakers who can speak English fluently these days. If you have a license, consider AD. 2 years is not a lot of experience, though. By 23, the competition can have 4 years experience, so be prepared to polish your CV Are you American? Or were you only living there? Consider Apple, as I believe they were recruiting recently for their flagship regional hub. There is stiff competition in this field, as Indians dominate it and there are a lot of Indians workers here looking for positions. <em>edited by Londiamond on 19/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 14:23
Hi All, I am not sure how to start this but here i go, I moved in the country 2 month ago to be with my husband and prior to that I was in the US working with Nokia. I am only 23 but have 2 years experience and to be honest i am not used to not do work. I have been looking all over but can't seem to even secure an interview. what is your advice on that and if maybe someone can help me here. I majored computer science in college and speak both arabic and english. Thanks in advance.. :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY