Unique UAE gifts | ExpatWoman.com

Unique UAE gifts

Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:10

Hi,

I am attending a conference in Portugal next week and would like to take some gifts for clients from the region (mouse mats, pens etc).

Someone suggested going to Dubai Mall/MOE but this will be expensive.

Will I be able to pick these up in Satwa? Anywhere else?

TIA.

Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 10:15
I'm sorry but my two cents is dont give cheapo things, it won't go over well... Most of those touristy things are horrible ****- pens, key chains, magnets, knick knacks, tshirts etc. We all know them but as gifts, no. You might want to make a good impression. My only concern about food items, they might not travel well?
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:39
Camel SOAP I brought a bunch ( some with argon oil , some with lavender ) at the Arte market last year to give out during Christmas. They were a huge hit. The lady who makes them advertises them as all natural.
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:30
Satwa does have souvenir shops, they are not the best quality but if you browse you may find a few itms that are quite nice.
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:28
I bought some of those touristy things in Karama and they are really poor quality. The pens fall apart quickly and the mouse pad is so bad that a piece of paper would be a better mouse pad. I wouldn't buy this for anyone. A better gift would be a bar of camel milk chocolate. That is unique and you can give each person a bar so as not to make it too expensive...
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:24
How about small boxes of camel milk chocolates or the tiny boxes of bateel dates
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 09:21
Hi, I am attending a conference in Portugal next week and would like to take some gifts for clients from the region (mouse mats, pens etc). Someone suggested going to Dubai Mall/MOE but this will be expensive. Will I be able to pick these up in Satwa? Anywhere else? TIA. Karama has some gift shops which sell UAE items Wear your ipod though otherwise you will get constantly mithered by the handbag guys!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY