Internet Password | ExpatWoman.com

Internet Password

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 02:11
Ohhoho, "sell" them the password! Make them do a chore for you for it! Cleaning your terrace, washing your car, bringing your grocery up from the car, or if nothing else, cleaning the garbage chute room, or find 10 workers and give them a fanta each. To earn the password! Of course you will change it in an hour or two. But chances are high they would change their mind about wanting your password if they hear that there is a price! <em>edited by dentro on 21/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 23:26
Why would anybody think it OK to demand a neighbour's wifi password? Would they also demand to use a neighbour's water, gas, electricity, food or anything else the neighbour pays for? As has been said, any other considerations aside, you would be liable for anything illegal they did while online through your wifi. And depending on how your security was set up, accessing your wifi could give them access to your private files. If it was me, as well as telling them very clearly to get lost, I'd go into the router setup and change the network name and turn off the SSID broadcast. That means it will stop broadcasting its name to anyone in the vicinity, so it will become "invisible" and you won't be able to log onto it without knowing the network name as well as the password. <em>edited by Madge_Gustard on 20/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:58
Tks for replies, I probably did not phrase it correctly when I said its a Dubai thing. Your right it is a entitled syndrome. I guess I have not had the happiest 1 st year in Dubai and my experience of Dubai has not be a positive one. They have done some horrible things to us. All because I stood up them for bullying my very young kids and asking for the money back when they stole that I had left out for the Waterman. That's only the half of it. The parents don't want to know and the other neighbours have complained but nothing gets done about them. They have the run of the compound. Luckily we are moving in a couple of months and then we will have a fresh start to experience all the good things about dubai My first year was horrible too but It does get better And i find the 'I dnt have internet anymore' a great idea Good luck :)
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:55
Tks for replies, I probably did not phrase it correctly when I said its a Dubai thing. Your right it is a entitled syndrome. I guess I have not had the happiest 1 st year in Dubai and my experience of Dubai has not be a positive one. They have done some horrible things to us. All because I stood up them for bullying my very young kids and asking for the money back when they stole that I had left out for the Waterman. That's only the half of it. The parents don't want to know and the other neighbours have complained but nothing gets done about them. They have the run of the compound. Luckily we are moving in a couple of months and then we will have a fresh start to experience all the good things about dubai
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:43
Change your user name to : CID Surveillance Van
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:23
Also- you posted they have caused nothing but trouble since the move in. That could mean many things/scenarios. Certainly more the reason not to give your password to them
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:21
I agree, not normal and their insistence is rude! You don't know what they will search for or log into with YOUR password associated to it. Surely not a "Dubai thing" just an "entitled syndrome" I see lately in many teenagers
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:07
I'm sorry Red139 that you felt that you had to delete your original post. It's not normal to ask for wifi passwords to a neighbour's internet. You're the one paying for it and you're perfectly within your rights to say no. As the internet account is in your name you're the one responsible for the usage. What if they downloaded questionable things? There is also the issue with having a slower internet due to increased traffic. Just say no and tell them to not ask for it again.
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 20:44
In the last 6 months or so the 2 young boys next door have knocked on my door looking for our internet password. The first time one came in with his iPad at the ready and just asked me to type in my password. I said no and he said it was for his mother to do work. Again a few days ago the other son came in and asked for the password again. Again I said no and used the same excuse that his mother want it. Is this a Dubai thing that it acceptable for everyone to share there passwords. I just can't believe the cheek as they have caused us nothing but trouble since we moved in. What do you mean is this a Dubai thing? What you think nowhere else in the world this could happen? It’s not a big deal, don’t make it one. Two kids trying to probably circumnavigate their mum by using their initiative asking the neighbour! Why not ask the mum nicely about it rather than falling into the is this a Dubai thing trap. If the kids are a problem then go talk to the parents about it. Well said.
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 20:30
In the last 6 months or so the 2 young boys next door have knocked on my door looking for our internet password. The first time one came in with his iPad at the ready and just asked me to type in my password. I said no and he said it was for his mother to do work. Again a few days ago the other son came in and asked for the password again. Again I said no and used the same excuse that his mother want it. Is this a Dubai thing that it acceptable for everyone to share there passwords. I just can't believe the cheek as they have caused us nothing but trouble since we moved in. What do you mean is this a Dubai thing? What you think nowhere else in the world this could happen? It’s not a big deal, don’t make it one. Two kids trying to probably circumnavigate their mum by using their initiative asking the neighbour! Why not ask the mum nicely about it rather than falling into the is this a Dubai thing trap. If the kids are a problem then go talk to the parents about it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY