Green Community East | ExpatWoman.com

Green Community East

Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 21:01

Do you any of you moms live in this community? We are thinking of moving there next March but we just can't make up our mind! Sometimes I feel as it is too far. I will be homeschooling in the future so I don't have to worry about traffic in the mornings. I also have a car so getting to places won't be an issue. We currently live in Jumeirah 3 right now but we want to buy our own place. I know i live right next to everything but I really miss the community feel. We saw a townhouse in GCE that we are in love with.

The only other places within our budget are the palmeras, al reem in Ariabian Ranches and the legacy at jumeirah park.

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 21:15
Afternoons I rarely have a problem to get through the roundabout. If you are trying to get into DIP from 311 during peak times you will find that traffic really backs up. You are very fast in the marina from green community, less than 20 minutes.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 20:47
Thank you pish posh for your response. Its nice to hear that you are happy living there. We are aware of the Emicool bill and service fee. I am just worried about the roundabout! How long does it usually take you to get to Marina from The Green Community? Is the traffic in the roundabout horrible during the afternoon as well?
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 09:07
We have been here for almost four years now and really like it a lot. GC East is great if you have kids, there are lots of pools and a nice park where the kids can bike. Most evenings the park is full of kids playing. There are several activities which you can register your kids for which are in the community, such as soccer and swimming. I also find it practical to have The Market walking distance away. If I forget something I can quick bike over to the Choithrams. Last year our landlord gave us a 12 month notice to leave our place, we considered a lot of other alternatives but decided to stay in the community. I think you will also find other homeschooling families here as well. Disadvantages are, as everyone says, the big roundabout. But actually getting out of the community is fairly easy. It is just coming in at the busy times that is a pain. Emicool is the other problem here, cooling is quite expensive and something you need to be aware of before you move here. If you are thinking of buying you also need to inform yourself about the service fees, for a townhouse I believe they are about 22,000 per year. Good Luck with your decision!
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 08:57
Bump

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY