Can I sponsor my maid's two kids from Phillipines to visit at Christmas (18 & 19) | ExpatWoman.com

Can I sponsor my maid's two kids from Phillipines to visit at Christmas (18 & 19)

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 09:09
Maybe it's different for teenagers, but we have looked into it for our house maid, whose kids are coming in April( not teenagers though) and we were unable to invite them. They need to have an invite to apply for a visit visa, and only a relative who earns more than AED3,500 per month can invite them. In our housemaid's case, her aunt is going to provide the invite.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 06:47
What a nice gesture :) (If you are not booking through Emirates you can go to any visa organising agency and they will also do it for around 400/500 AED)
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 04:27
You dont have to sponsor them. Just buy airline tickets through emirates airlines and then you can arrange a tourist visa for both of them through the airline as well. http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/visa_passport_information/prearranged_uae_visas.aspx
Latest post on 20 October 2014 - 22:31
Hi everyone, has anyone here tried to sponsor family of their maid? Our wonderful maid has two kids she hasn't seen in two years (due to a divorce going on at home so she doesn't want to go back). we would like to sponsor her two girls who are both adults to come out for a month at Christmas.. can this be done? any advice would be most welcome! thanks ever so much

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY