Fruit? | ExpatWoman.com

Fruit?

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 11:02

In an ideal world I would go the fruit and veg market at least weekly or bi weekly but I seriously dont have the time. So I frequesnt the likes of C4, Geant, Spinneys etc and what a let down most of the times :( I bought some watermelon yesterday and this morning it was off. DS wanted some so badly in his lunhbox. I have probably only found Choitrams to have decent fruit that lasts longer than a day! It's a distance from me though.
Where do you get the best fruit from? Please share! :)

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:09
I find that the fruit and veg that never spoils on me is Waitrose. I'm happy to buy from Carrefour when its to be used straight away, but when I'm buying for way in advance definetly Waitrose. If you look at how veg is presented and treated when its being displayed by staff in the shops tells you a lot as well.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 11:56
I used to buy from UNOIN CO OP stores always good quality.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 11:26
Which fruits? I am really happy with what I get from Geant, but I stick to bananas, pineapples, apples, and kiwis. They are kind of foolproof for me. Unless they have a shipment of kiwis that take 3 weeks to ripen lol Have you thought about ordering from Greenheart farms online? I never have so I can't say one way or another, but they have a lot of good reviews on here. Worth a try if you don't often have time to go out an search.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 11:21
Have you tried the RIPE Market?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY