Can a car registered in Abu Dhabi be transferred to a Dubai number plate/registration | ExpatWoman.com

Can a car registered in Abu Dhabi be transferred to a Dubai number plate/registration

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:25

I am thinking of buying a second hand car but it is registered in Abu Dhabi and I live in Dubai, can I get this transferred to Dubai registration. Also it is still under warranty with free servicing, do I have to go to Abu Dhabi for the service or can this be done in Dubai? I wouldn't normally be bothered with a car in Abu Dhabi but it is a very good deal.

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 14:33
Thanks Sarahlou, just found a company who do it for 250dhs service fee + 560 dhs abu dhabi taffic transfer costs.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:44
Perfect thanks Sarahlou and Fairydust, any idea on approx costs to get an agency to do the export process AD to DXB from start to finish? in 2008 it was around 300 ( my colleague did it) I imagine it is considerably more now
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:43
Perfect thanks Sarahlou and Fairydust, any idea on approx costs to get an agency to do the export process AD to DXB from start to finish?
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:34
These guys used to do it for you but i dont know if they still exist Midland Cars in Karama, I think you de-register it in Abu Dhabi Obtain export plates then register in Dubai My understanding is the warranty covers the UAE not just individual Emirates Where did you buy the car from? As the OP states call the dealer
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:30
Yes you can. You 'export' the car from AD to DXB. Plenty of agencies able to do this if you don't want to do it yourself. Can't comment on the servicing though. You'd have to contact the dealer and ask.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY