max real estate scam | ExpatWoman.com

max real estate scam

Latest post on 11 August 2015 - 11:53
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally, I got some relief, I had run from pillar to post to find some relief and also hired a real-estate expert advocate to legally help me, he was bit expansive but could help me getting court order to serve notice to tenant to evict my apartment irrespective to his agreement with Max. Court ruled that eventhough he have ejari and paid 1 year rental to Max, it was Max who did the scam of signing agreement with tenant for period more than agreement with landlord. Court also stated that tenant also made mistake of not verifying all documents with real landlord. Court advised all tenants to cross-check all documents before signing any document. Judge ordered tenant to vacate my property within next 30 days and I agreed to give him another 15 days, so I'll get my apartment back by end of February. Thanks ladies for your support, which I can see from "[b'>thumbs-up[/b'>" on my post. :cool: edited by AB-dxb on 01/02/2015 Hi AB-dxb Thanks for your post above and Congrats to the good news. I am very much in a similar situation such as the yours above, however I was kind enough to let 'Max's tenant' stay in my apartment until the end of my contract dates….however….the person living in my apartment has now gone on to try to renew his already two year contract despite me giving Max a 12 month's vacancy notice last year …it's turning into he said she said…...Therefore, as you won your case…I would be extremely grateful if you could provide me with the case number of your court case as this case will be president for any other cases and would greatly increase my chances of getting my apartment back. Thank you
Latest post on 28 June 2015 - 12:39
Hello All, I would like to know if some of you had any update on this case ? On my side, [u'>[b'>I am a tenant[/b'>[/u'> and the LL has been victim of Max. My LL signed a rental agreement with Max to rent his aptment for 100 000 aed. On his contract the name of the tenant is Max Agency, I am not mentioned at all. On my tenancy contract, the name of my LL is well mentioned + Max is mentioned a property manager but my rent is 80 000 aed. I could not be evicted as I had all the required doc from MAX + PoA, title deed, ejari etc... Now it is the time for me to renew. I get directly in touch with my LL who wants to put his apartment at a market rate without taking into account the Calculator. He sent me an email in due time but the amount is above what is allowed by the Calculator. I called RERA several times to explain our situation and each time they told me that my contract is a valid contract which has been duly registered at Ejari so the LL must follow the Calculator... It is quite complicated and I dont know what I should do. If anyone on the forum has faced a similar issue, I would be happy if you can give us your feedback. Thanks and Regards, Hi Alsa I am a tenant who rented from Max Real Estate for 2 years now, started in 2013 and renewed in 2014. Now I'm up for renewal June 2015 for my 3rd year. In my case the amount I paid to Max is the same amount which they agreed to pay my landlord. I know many tenants paid Max Real Estate LESS than what Max Real Estate agreed to pay the landlord. Between my contract with Max and the contract with Max and the landlord, there is a contract date differences, where my contract is 17 June to 16 June but my landlord signed with Max for 11 June to 10 June. I showed this to Rental Disputes and they told me I renew based on my dates, not the dates shown on the contract of Max and the landlord. The landlord served me an eviction notice based on this 6 day discrepancy, but Rental Disputes Center assured me this will not result in a judgment by the courts telling me I have to get out. My contract says it's between me and landlord "managed by Max Real Estate" so seems there is question if it's an actual sub-lease, and it's sub-lease law which the eviction served to me is based upon. If court says I'm not a subtenant, then the landlord will say Max Real Estate was never managing the property and they didn't have permission to sign any contract on her behalf, but let's see what the court says in the end. Just yesterday I went to Rental Disputes Center with my original tenancy contracts for both years I have signed with Max, 2013 and 2014, and Rental Disputes Center has opened a case for me. They told me I am in my right to renew for 2015 based on the same rental amount and same dates from the 2014 contract since the landlord didn't propose any increase according to the RERA increase calculator. I paid my check to them and now the landlord, has the right to challenge this further. In 2013 my contract was registered in Ejari (2014 was not). If landlord didn't agree with the contract, landlord should've raised concern in 2013 when the Ejari system notified them that the contract was registered with landlord as owner and Max as the lessor. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update (should be within 1 month). I think a lot of tenants are in the same position, so it's helpful if we share what's going on in our cases. Having Rental Disputes Center issue the new contract and take my check was very easy and they were so helpful. I also had several attorneys look at the documents for me, and so far everyone feels the case is strongly in my favor. Of course the landlord feels the complete opposite, but let's see what the Rental Disputes Center says in the end =) If anyone has questions about the process to renew, please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience renewing my tenancy contract through the Dubai Rental Disputes Center. Also you can ring RDC at 800 4488. They are super helpful of the phone. HI Notanothercliche, Yes we would really appreciate if you can share the outcome of the judgement... Also I understand that Max Real estate had changed its name to become Fast Home... and now when you try to call Fast Home you are informed that they changed (again) their legal name to become Copenhaggen... it doesnt sound good at all.... Please share with us your feedback in order for all of us to move in the good direction. thanks and regards,
Latest post on 20 June 2015 - 10:06
I am also very curious to know what will/ is happening with others and their renewal!
Latest post on 19 June 2015 - 10:38
Hi Notanothercliche, Could you please give an update on your case at the Rental Disputes Centre? Were you able to get the renewal done? I also have a similar case with Max, and my renewal comes up shortly. Thanks
Latest post on 13 May 2015 - 09:35
Hello All, I would like to know if some of you had any update on this case ? On my side, [u'>[b'>I am a tenant[/b'>[/u'> and the LL has been victim of Max. My LL signed a rental agreement with Max to rent his aptment for 100 000 aed. On his contract the name of the tenant is Max Agency, I am not mentioned at all. On my tenancy contract, the name of my LL is well mentioned + Max is mentioned a property manager but my rent is 80 000 aed. I could not be evicted as I had all the required doc from MAX + PoA, title deed, ejari etc... Now it is the time for me to renew. I get directly in touch with my LL who wants to put his apartment at a market rate without taking into account the Calculator. He sent me an email in due time but the amount is above what is allowed by the Calculator. I called RERA several times to explain our situation and each time they told me that my contract is a valid contract which has been duly registered at Ejari so the LL must follow the Calculator... It is quite complicated and I dont know what I should do. If anyone on the forum has faced a similar issue, I would be happy if you can give us your feedback. Thanks and Regards, Hi Alsa I am a tenant who rented from Max Real Estate for 2 years now, started in 2013 and renewed in 2014. Now I'm up for renewal June 2015 for my 3rd year. In my case the amount I paid to Max is the same amount which they agreed to pay my landlord. I know many tenants paid Max Real Estate LESS than what Max Real Estate agreed to pay the landlord. Between my contract with Max and the contract with Max and the landlord, there is a contract date differences, where my contract is 17 June to 16 June but my landlord signed with Max for 11 June to 10 June. I showed this to Rental Disputes and they told me I renew based on my dates, not the dates shown on the contract of Max and the landlord. The landlord served me an eviction notice based on this 6 day discrepancy, but Rental Disputes Center assured me this will not result in a judgment by the courts telling me I have to get out. My contract says it's between me and landlord "managed by Max Real Estate" so seems there is question if it's an actual sub-lease, and it's sub-lease law which the eviction served to me is based upon. If court says I'm not a subtenant, then the landlord will say Max Real Estate was never managing the property and they didn't have permission to sign any contract on her behalf, but let's see what the court says in the end. Just yesterday I went to Rental Disputes Center with my original tenancy contracts for both years I have signed with Max, 2013 and 2014, and Rental Disputes Center has opened a case for me. They told me I am in my right to renew for 2015 based on the same rental amount and same dates from the 2014 contract since the landlord didn't propose any increase according to the RERA increase calculator. I paid my check to them and now the landlord, has the right to challenge this further. In 2013 my contract was registered in Ejari (2014 was not). If landlord didn't agree with the contract, landlord should've raised concern in 2013 when the Ejari system notified them that the contract was registered with landlord as owner and Max as the lessor. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update (should be within 1 month). I think a lot of tenants are in the same position, so it's helpful if we share what's going on in our cases. Having Rental Disputes Center issue the new contract and take my check was very easy and they were so helpful. I also had several attorneys look at the documents for me, and so far everyone feels the case is strongly in my favor. Of course the landlord feels the complete opposite, but let's see what the Rental Disputes Center says in the end =) If anyone has questions about the process to renew, please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience renewing my tenancy contract through the Dubai Rental Disputes Center. Also you can ring RDC at 800 4488. They are super helpful of the phone.
Latest post on 10 May 2015 - 23:00
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally, I got some relief, I had run from pillar to post to find some relief and also hired a real-estate expert advocate to legally help me, he was bit expansive but could help me getting court order to serve notice to tenant to evict my apartment irrespective to his agreement with Max. Court ruled that eventhough he have ejari and paid 1 year rental to Max, it was Max who did the scam of signing agreement with tenant for period more than agreement with landlord. Court also stated that tenant also made mistake of not verifying all documents with real landlord. Court advised all tenants to cross-check all documents before signing any document. Judge ordered tenant to vacate my property within next 30 days and I agreed to give him another 15 days, so I'll get my apartment back by end of February. Thanks ladies for your support, which I can see from "[b'>thumbs-up[/b'>" on my post. :cool: edited by AB-dxb on 01/02/2015 Hi AB-dxb, Can you please share the contact of your lawyer. I have a similar problem to solve. Max had a contract with me till July but has rented out to the tenant till October. I have already faced massive 6 months of lost rental because of bounced check and want to protect further loss. I do feel for the tenant and want to provide them some relief but taking complete loss till october would just not be feasible for me. Reply would be greatly appreciated. <em>edited by leslie123 on 10/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 11:15
Alsa, I was involved in the identical FHS scam a few years ago and the figures involved were exactly the same. In my case, the landlord got his first two cheques but the final two bounced so he lost out on 6 months of rent. To his credit, he took full responsibility for being the one who signed up with the crooks, so he never made any attempts to have me evicted. It was all very amicable and having seen what other people went through, I had a relatively easy ride. In return, I agreed to pay the increase based on the contract being worth AED 100,000 rather than the AED 80,000 I had actually paid as I thought it was unfair for me to insist that the landlord adhered to a rate that had turned out to be fraudulent. That was the right outcome in my situation; the landlord had already suffered enough and there was no need to damage our relationship when he had previously been so reasonable. Did you landlord get the full amount from Max? I guess that would play a huge role in my decision. But ultimately I'd advise you to try to find a compromise as it's no fun living in a place that the owner doesn't want you living in. Edit: Also, while your existing contract is certainly valid, it is between you and Max. However, you are going to be renewing directly with the landlord this time, not with Max. So I'd imagine that counts as a new contract and can be open to the market rate. Again, I'd definitely try to find a compromise rather than insisting on the AED 80,000 figure. <em>edited by Ave Marina on 05/05/2015</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2015 - 10:42
Hello All, I would like to know if some of you had any update on this case ? On my side, [u'>[b'>I am a tenant[/b'>[/u'> and the LL has been victim of Max. My LL signed a rental agreement with Max to rent his aptment for 100 000 aed. On his contract the name of the tenant is Max Agency, I am not mentioned at all. On my tenancy contract, the name of my LL is well mentioned + Max is mentioned a property manager but my rent is 80 000 aed. I could not be evicted as I had all the required doc from MAX + PoA, title deed, ejari etc... Now it is the time for me to renew. I get directly in touch with my LL who wants to put his apartment at a market rate without taking into account the Calculator. He sent me an email in due time but the amount is above what is allowed by the Calculator. I called RERA several times to explain our situation and each time they told me that my contract is a valid contract which has been duly registered at Ejari so the LL must follow the Calculator... It is quite complicated and I dont know what I should do. If anyone on the forum has faced a similar issue, I would be happy if you can give us your feedback. Thanks and Regards,
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 23:13
Hi, We faced a similar problem with Max Real-estate. My Husband and I rented a property through Max from August 2014 till August 2015. They took 1 cheque from us and gave the landlord 4 cheques. In October 2014, my husband tried to get in touch with max as we were facing some maintenance issues. That’s when we found out that they had closed shop. Unaware of the scam they orchestrated, we got in touch with the LL to inform him that Max is no longer operational. That is when the LL told us that he was paid in 4 cheques and not 1, he also said that so far his cheques had cleared and the next was due in February, if that doesn’t clear he would have to take action. We did some basic inquiry but were told not to take any action as the first two cheques had cleared. When we didn’t hear from LL in February we thought the cheque must have cleared and that we had nothing to worry. However, in the first week of April we were informed that the chillers in the building will not work till all the owners of the apartments have them registered. That is when my Husband contacted the LL again, seeing his opportunity the LL told us the cheque had bounced and that he has let us stay so far in good faith but if we want to continue staying we will need to draw up a new contract and that meant we forgo 3 months’ rent which we had already paid. He told us we have to give him an answer right away otherwise he will ask us to evict the property. Leaving us with no choice. While searching for information we found this forum and realised how many people have been fleeced in a similar manner. Luckily we had all the papers mentioned, we took advice from this thread and went to Al Barsha police station to inform the police. They politely heard our plight and said its best to register a case with RERA and if we our harassed after that to approach them. While we were waiting at the police station we heard a women talk to the police about Max in Arabic. We waited to speak with her, she turned out to be a lawyer appointed by Max. She invited us to the Fast Home office, from where Max is now operating, checked all our documents and told us we have nothing to worry. She also mentioned that she and her team are personally getting in touch with all the LL to sort out their issues. She called our LL in front of us and informed him that the legal department of max is operational to help resolve conflicts. They set an appointment to meet and discuss the issues. During our conversation she also pulled out the contract Max had with our LL which is to expire in June 2015, which conflicts with our contract and Ejari that is registered till August 2015. Inspite of all these development we still don’t know where we stand. Hopefully, we will have an answer sometime soon. Thanks a lot everyone. Your comments and posts helped and guided us. And maybe our post helps you as well. Please keep posting updates. <em>edited by xpat2006 on 12/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 17:13
So I think now that our LL had signed agreement with Fast Home. We thought he said First Home when he came first to us when his cheques had bounced. Our agreement was with Max that's why he was saying that he didn't have a contract with Max to manage his flat. Nobody knew that Max and Fast Home are owned by the same person. Me & my husband was wondering then how come his details & the keys of the unit were in Max's possession if he didn't authorize them?
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 14:04
Hello ladies sorry for not posting earlier. the company is Fast Home (and Max) located in Alshaafar tower 18th floor (Tecom ) there is asthter clinic i guess there. I don't remember the office # they dont have a sign on the ground floor just ask the security / reception about them. After my last post, we checked with RERA over the phone, and they said they know about them and that they gave max (thru Fast home) a chance to right their wrongs!! My husband still thinks they are shady. They told him they will give him the money first of april which was due in Jan. They are still trying to rent our apartment under our noses and we cant do anything! the security called us telling us they were getting visitors. We dont know honestly. We kept the legal notice going on for the unpaid cheque to take them to court, but we dont know if we kick max out we would be stuck with a tenant for 1 YEAR from now with out any payment? This is confusing. Let us knw what they tell you also so that we can all know and share our info to see if they are lying or not. edited by drhz01 on 24/02/2015 Dear drhz01, Fast Home is no good either, since your previous contract was with Max, then you are not legally required to enter new lease with Fast Home
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:49
We have the unfortunate encounter with both companies. We signed a tenancy contract with Max Real Estate with expiry date mid of June 2014, gave them a proper written notice that we would like to increase the rent as per RERA calculator (with the 90 days period and properly acknowledged receipt with signature and stamped). They did not abide and told us in the face that if we don't like it, then just take them to RERA. We took all the proper legal means by giving them eviction notice and blah, blah, then got in contact with the tenant about this matter. The tenant also had a very hard time with Max Real Estate (as they were very bad in coordinating maintenance matters), and apparently Max had leased the property to the tenant beyond the period btw Max and us as Landlord. However, we (tenant and ourselves) compromised and signed another agreement and we let the tenant stayed up to the date the lease they signed with Max. So, we got back our apartment via our Tenant. From thereon, we leased it to another company which is called Fast Home (at that time we did not know they of the same owner / company), ass we were about to leave for Summer holiday, came back 3 weeks later, only to know that Fast Home == Max Real Estate (what a bummer). We cashed in our first cheque no problem at all, then, Fast Home said they wanted to cancel the lease (via email) citing the reason that there was a dispute between Max Real Estate and ourselves, we told them they have to do it by properly written letter, instead of just by email or via the phone. They kept on calling but no proper written lease cancellation request letter. 3 weeks later, got a notice with RERA to attend a hearing in Sept 2014, and follow that a phone call from RERA officer asking us to meet him, we went to see him, he is just a mediator who tried to get both parties to resolve the dispute before court appearance. we said no. We even got phone calls from someone from Max Real Estate threatening that they have recorded the phone calls I've made. We were taken back a bit, but insisted to go ahead with the RERA rent committee hearing. As we know the court more rely on proper documentation then hearsay or phone recordings. On that day, an Arabic friend accompanied us to the court, and Max sent someone w/o POA to attend the hearing, the judges dismissed thecaseimmediately. So wegot on with it, with 1 month later only to find Fast Home has closed their office (in mid October), we tried every means to find out whether the property been leased out (via DEWA, Empower, Ejari, security guard at the apartment entrance, knocked on the door, then sent out legal notice to the property, waited 2 weeks, nothing happened). We then informed the guard, and entered the apartment (ours is fully furnished), no personal items in the property, only rubbish. We cleaned it up and changed the lock. Their second cheque bounced. We managed to find a good tenant, get it register with Ejari then all done. 2 weeks ago, we got a phone call from Tenant that someone from Max Real Estate / Fast Home came to the apartment and told them to evacuate the property accompanied by the Dubai Police. Tenant showed the police all the proper documentation (includes the Ejari, DEWA, his passport and visa). The Police then told the Tenant that the documents are in order and he escorted this Max / Fast Home away. We the got a phone call from the Dubai Police to report ourselves, we went and explained everything, there was an Asian lady from Fast Home kept on insisting that we have breached the contract by leasing it to someone else, citing that their company had difficulties for 2 months. The Police rebutted her and said how could Fast Home expected people to reactwhen their office is closed and the cheque bounced. The lady kept on insisting we signed the documents with Fast Home, but the ultimate question from the Dubai Police was whether they have registered it Ejari, Fast Home said no. Then, that's the end of it. the Police officer told us to go home and rest.
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 12:15
Hello All, Max Apparently Has REOPENED and operating from a different office with a new company called Fast Home also in tecom. I will Tell you our story: my husband and i (landlords) recently found out about this scam and we filed a legal notice yesterday. we thought we were of the "lucky ones" who their flat did not get rented "so far", and I say so far. I will explain shortly: we found out in End of Jan (29th) and we tried to see if we had a tenant but we couldn't find anyone so we placed a small note on the apartment (of our contact) we waited for 2 weeks and no one contacted us so we figured it was safe to go for a notice against Max alone to vacate and reclaim our flat. WE DID NOT hear from anyone until yesterday and why? Apparently someone during these weeks tried getting into the apartment and broke the key in the lock! so my husband gets a call from this angry person telling him he is the new manager of Max and they reopened and they changed their whole management since they blamed all what happened on the old management. He told my husband they are in tecom, and my husband went there and met the new management! Even the local person Chairman of the max (, Mr. N...) was there in the office and spoke to my husband! They re-assured my husband that he will get the bounce cheque in 1 month. At the same time they are still trying to SUBLET THE FLAT (ours and others) as we speak following the same process!!! I really dont know what to say! We are really skeptical of this. They are using the same process as before! to sublet! I dont know how the Dubai Municipality / Dubai Land are letting them operate it was the same day we sent the legal notice to the previous address! which will obviously not reach them since it was sent to the previous address. We are lost. We didnt want our bounced cheque all we wanted was out of this mess, yet the manager tell my husband, that he will get his check and they want to renew, and if my husband doesnt want to renew they will force him by the normal procedure (Dubai Municipality Center for Grievance ./ Dubai Land) The questions are will they pay my husband? or will they just sub let the remaining apartments and then make a new scam (or continue their scam) and leave???? What about new tenants? will they also be scammed! All your thoughts appreciated. edited by drhz01 on 17/02/2015 Hello Is it possible to share the contact details of the new name of Max real estate Cie? it will be reallly appreciated !! thank you so much !
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 13:18
Hello i am also a victim of Max real estate and a landlord. Can anyone please let me know what am i supposed to do???? My tenants cheque has been cashed by Max and the cheques given to me are bouncing. Would appreciate a swift reply Many thanks
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 17:25
Thank you Cornish Pixie we are situated in KSA now. Just in Dubai for a few days. So good to see your here :)
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 16:43
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Cornish Pixie, you have never said anything more true & real. We had the whole screwed by a Landlord situation some years ago. We left Dubai in debt having gone there to help pay our own mortgage & help our family because our Country has been particularly hard hit by the economic down turn. Every way we looked to try & get justice would have cost us money. The Landlord took 1full years rent even though we had given the appropriate notice. He had our cheques which we had to get back before leaving . He had us over a barrel. I truly believe what goes round comes round though !!!! Heres hoping :) Hope your well CP. I am the user formally known as Nobby Welcome back Noddy, i hope life is treating you better now! CP xx
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 15:12
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally, I got some relief, I had run from pillar to post to find some relief and also hired a real-estate expert advocate to legally help me, he was bit expansive but could help me getting court order to serve notice to tenant to evict my apartment irrespective to his agreement with Max. Court ruled that eventhough he have ejari and paid 1 year rental to Max, it was Max who did the scam of signing agreement with tenant for period more than agreement with landlord. Court also stated that tenant also made mistake of not verifying all documents with real landlord. Court advised all tenants to cross-check all documents before signing any document. Judge ordered tenant to vacate my property within next 30 days and I agreed to give him another 15 days, so I'll get my apartment back by end of February. Thanks ladies for your support, which I can see from "[b'>thumbs-up[/b'>" on my post. :cool: edited by AB-dxb on 01/02/2015 You won't get any thumbs up from me, I for one feel sorry for the tenant who has paid a years rent and will be homeless in 4 weeks. If I lost 6 months rent I would be hard pressed to remain in Dubai ! It is very hard to check documents with the real landlord, I have tried in the past - I now tell our employees to only pay the landlord NEVER the agent unless there is a full Power of Attorney, stamped by Dubai courts, and with the original available to view. Too many people here intent on cheating others. edited by Cornish Pixie on 01/02/2015 Cornish Pixie, you have never said anything more true & real. We had the whole screwed by a Landlord situation some years ago. We left Dubai in debt having gone there to help pay our own mortgage & help our family because our Country has been particularly hard hit by the economic down turn. Every way we looked to try & get justice would have cost us money. The Landlord took 1full years rent even though we had given the appropriate notice. He had our cheques which we had to get back before leaving . He had us over a barrel. I truly believe what goes round comes round though !!!! Heres hoping :) Hope your well CP. I am the user formally known as Nobby
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 14:32
Hello drhz01, This is an important news ! I hope everyone here will find an appropriate solution to this problem. Could you please share with me the contact details of the person from Fast Home who called you ? Thank you so much for your help... best regards,
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 14:29
If its a different company name - that's a new lease - they can't force you. If you renew with them you are an idiot.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 15:42
Good to see justice being done and the dangerous tenant having to vacate your property.... Seriously how are tenants supposed to "cross check" when so many owners refuse to give either their service charge receipt or even the title deeds.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 15:39
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally, I got some relief, I had run from pillar to post to find some relief and also hired a real-estate expert advocate to legally help me, he was bit expansive but could help me getting court order to serve notice to tenant to evict my apartment irrespective to his agreement with Max. Court ruled that eventhough he have ejari and paid 1 year rental to Max, it was Max who did the scam of signing agreement with tenant for period more than agreement with landlord. Court also stated that tenant also made mistake of not verifying all documents with real landlord. Court advised all tenants to cross-check all documents before signing any document. Judge ordered tenant to vacate my property within next 30 days and I agreed to give him another 15 days, so I'll get my apartment back by end of February. Thanks ladies for your support, which I can see from "[b'>thumbs-up[/b'>" on my post. :cool: edited by AB-dxb on 01/02/2015 You won't get any thumbs up from me, I for one feel sorry for the tenant who has paid a years rent and will be homeless in 4 weeks. If I lost 6 months rent I would be hard pressed to remain in Dubai ! It is very hard to check documents with the real landlord, I have tried in the past - I now tell our employees to only pay the landlord NEVER the agent unless there is a full Power of Attorney, stamped by Dubai courts, and with the original available to view. Too many people here intent on cheating others. <em>edited by Cornish Pixie on 01/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 15:08
[b'>An update on my Post[/b'> Sorry for not posting earlier, but finally, I got some relief, I had run from pillar to post to find some relief and also hired a real-estate expert advocate to legally help me, he was bit expansive but could help me getting court order to serve notice to tenant to evict my apartment irrespective to his agreement with Max. Court ruled that eventhough he have ejari and paid 1 year rental to Max, it was Max who did the scam of signing agreement with tenant for period more than agreement with landlord. Court also stated that tenant also made mistake of not verifying all documents with real landlord. Court advised all tenants to cross-check all documents before signing any document. Judge ordered tenant to vacate my property within next 30 days and I agreed to give him another 15 days, so I'll get my apartment back by end of February. Thanks ladies for your support, which I can see from "[b'>thumbs-up[/b'>" on my post. :cool: <em>edited by AB-dxb on 01/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 13 January 2015 - 05:56
[b'>Any Advice for Landlords….[/b'> Yes. If something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Don't ever allow an agent to take cheques in their own name. That goes for tenants too. Not all agents are crooks but if you don't pay the landlord directly, you're opening yourself up to fraud edited by Ave Marina on 13/01/2015 edited by Ave Marina on 13/01/2015 This is sound advice, each month new frauds are uncovered and until rent is paid monthly there will always be big losers here, large sums of money such as rent paid up front attract fraudsters.
Latest post on 13 January 2015 - 01:13
[b'>Any Advice for Landlords….[/b'> Yes. If something looks too good to be true, it usually is. Don't ever allow an agent to take cheques in their own name. That goes for tenants too. Not all agents are crooks but if you don't pay the landlord directly, you're opening yourself up to fraud edited by Ave Marina on 13/01/2015 <em>edited by Ave Marina on 13/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 12 January 2015 - 15:15
[b'>Any Advice for Landlords….[/b'> I have seen all posts from worried tenants complaining about greedy landlords…. But no-one is talking about cheated landlords plights… we are one of those robbed landlord, robbed by Max Real Estate for 10 months' rental amount, and now we have to keep a tenant in our home for 10 months, without getting a single dirham for rental.... We have taken a bank loan and put all our savings to buy this apartment, Max Real Estate took it for rental from May 2014 to May 2015, and used for their own short-term clients to earn higher rentals, and finally leased to someone for One-full year from September 2014 to September 2015, without any knowledge to us, even though they were not entitled to lease it more than May 2015, but they did. Rental cheques given by them were good till November only, December cheque got bounced, and we filed a cheque-bounce case against Max. Now tenant is saying that they have Ejari for Rental Agreement till Sep 2015 and will stay till that time. He has valid argument as he has paid rental till Sep 2015. Now even after owning the property and continue paying Mortgage Loan EMIs to bank, I cannot evict tenant and will also NOT get any rental till Sep 2015, and lost rental for 10 months which is almost Dhs 150,000... [i'>[b'>Dubai Land Department / RERA / Dubai Municipality Rent Committee [/b'>[/i'>is not doing any help and just saying, [u'>[i'>"Hire a lawyer and fight a case in court"[/i'>[/u'>... Now can anyone suggest us... what shall we do? :( :confused:
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 17:15
Recently moved to DXB, came across Max Real estate - so not very familiar with the law here. Paid them 6000 AED as security deposit, in cash. Lease finishes in March, and landlord is already a crook, dunno from whom money should be claimed. What should I do? NB Security deposit is mentioned on the contract but not on Ejari Any advice? Speak to the rent committee
Latest post on 06 January 2015 - 17:00
Recently moved to DXB, came across Max Real estate - so not very familiar with the law here. Paid them 6000 AED as security deposit, in cash. Lease finishes in March, and landlord is already a crook, dunno from whom money should be claimed. What should I do? NB Security deposit is mentioned on the contract but not on Ejari Any advice?
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 16:54
@mybasketcase, try securing the affection plan. our building has no title deed yet also but my husband was able to register to ejari using the affection plan. hope this helps...
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 16:06
Hi Frenchie, Have you approached RERA about helping you with ejari. They are very helpful in the case of an absent land lord because the guy who own's the apartment is not your LL, Max is - they had the approval to sublet hence they are legally the LL. Call RERA and ask them if they can help you with the Ejari certificate - or at least an affidavit to do your daughter's visa. Good luck and keep us posted.
Latest post on 17 December 2014 - 13:38
dear all, a follow-up on my case. I was trying to get the Ejari so I can do my newborn daughter's visa, however at the land department they told me that there was another contract under another tenant's name registered for this year, so I would have to go the Land department with the LL to cancel the wrong contract and register mine. I managed to get in touch with the LL through the building management, who gave me his email and phone numbers. the LL was nice at first, but then started to blackmail me and asked me to pay at least half of the money he didnt get through Max real estate! Of course there is no legal ground for this, and no tenant has to pay the LL for what the real estate agency stole. now basically the LL is refusing to go to the land department with me and is asking me for money. I will file a case against him at the police since he leaves me no other choice. I will let you know how it goes because I have residency visas to proceed like the previous poster "mybasketcase". if anyone has any advice they would be welcome. thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY