Top 8 Brunches | ExpatWoman.com

Top 8 Brunches

Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:44
The Ivy is a great fun experience. We were there on Friday and have booked to go again in two weeks time. The food is good but to be honest the atmosphere and staff are what really makes it. The jazz band is fun and creates are very good vibe. On our visit it was a completely mixed age group and balance of groups of friends , couples and extended families. No children though. It just seemed as though everyone was having fun but there was no excess . The staff were the right balance of relaxed and attentive. Sounds like our sort of brunch then. No kids :) I believe they do happy hour from 5-8 also which is supposed to be good Are you trying to insinuate something ;)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:41
The Ivy is a great fun experience. We were there on Friday and have booked to go again in two weeks time. The food is good but to be honest the atmosphere and staff are what really makes it. The jazz band is fun and creates are very good vibe. On our visit it was a completely mixed age group and balance of groups of friends , couples and extended families. No children though. It just seemed as though everyone was having fun but there was no excess . The staff were the right balance of relaxed and attentive. Sounds like our sort of brunch then. No kids :) I believe they do happy hour from 5-8 also which is supposed to be good
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:40
Exactly ! Also everyone seemed very well behaved ( read merry rather than ill !) so it made for a great atmosphere. There was a wedding party there and the band played some old favourites and they all got up for a group hug/ dance. It brought a tear to my eye - plus no children !
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:22
The Ivy is a great fun experience. We were there on Friday and have booked to go again in two weeks time. The food is good but to be honest the atmosphere and staff are what really makes it. The jazz band is fun and creates are very good vibe. On our visit it was a completely mixed age group and balance of groups of friends , couples and extended families. No children though. It just seemed as though everyone was having fun but there was no excess . The staff were the right balance of relaxed and attentive. Sounds like our sort of brunch then. No kids :)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:55
The Ivy is a great fun experience. We were there on Friday and have booked to go again in two weeks time. The food is good but to be honest the atmosphere and staff are what really makes it. The jazz band is fun and creates are very good vibe. On our visit it was a completely mixed age group and balance of groups of friends , couples and extended families. No children though. It just seemed as though everyone was having fun but there was no excess . The staff were the right balance of relaxed and attentive. The Ivy I have done (years ago) must go back, but I am going there this Saturday for lunch, can't wait!
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:54
This is not a dig, but golly, how do you ladies, that try out all these brunches, maintain your weight lol! I usually feel absolutely stuffed after a brunch, vowing never to do it again for a while. I could never do it often and trust me I really dont stuff my face. It's just tooo much. What's your secret? ;) lol - I try to avoid the breads and just eat meat, and save rooms for pudding! Don't drink wine - stick to healthier vodka & soda - and you should shoulds be ok ;)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:39
The Ivy is a great fun experience. We were there on Friday and have booked to go again in two weeks time. The food is good but to be honest the atmosphere and staff are what really makes it. The jazz band is fun and creates are very good vibe. On our visit it was a completely mixed age group and balance of groups of friends , couples and extended families. No children though. It just seemed as though everyone was having fun but there was no excess . The staff were the right balance of relaxed and attentive.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:35
This is not a dig, but golly, how do you ladies, that try out all these brunches, maintain your weight lol! I usually feel absolutely stuffed after a brunch, vowing never to do it again for a while. I could never do it often and trust me I really dont stuff my face. It's just tooo much. What's your secret? ;)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:33
Got to say I find The Westin completely overrated! I have done it a few times (celebrations for other people) but definitely not be going back again! I like the look of that Prime 68 I must say - think that may be an option for future :) I like to try the brunches that are unusual and unheard of and finding a little gem! ;) I love VIDA Downtown at the moment - 395 aed and you help yourself to a picnic basket filling it with BOTTLES of wine and food and you can use the pool too!
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:20
Hey Polly, [i'>Traiteur [/i'>at the Park Hyatt used to be superb, but then they inexplicably downgraded from Veuve, so we stopped going there. Have you been to Prime 68? Was thinking of trying that. Traiteur is probably the VERY TOP of my list, that I have never been too - I want to go, but will probably be the weekend before I leave her - as a final farewell .... Prime 68, nope - but friends have and from the photo's it looks fantastic, a must for sure! :)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:11
Hey Polly, [i'>Traiteur [/i'>at the Park Hyatt used to be superb, but then they inexplicably downgraded from Veuve, so we stopped going there. Have you been to Prime 68? Was thinking of trying that.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 11:10
Haha I haven't done any of them either, but most of them are newbies - Qbara brunch is on the top of my list!
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 11:06
Oooops, never done any of these, although I would like to try The Ivy. We tend to stick to the same one as we like it and they know us now :)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 11:03
I'm obviously not in with the brunch crowd, I've only done one of those on the list and I didn't rate it!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY