Pizza, which one is your favorite? | ExpatWoman.com

Pizza, which one is your favorite?

Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 11:43

Hello ladies,
We are used to Pizza Hut but on the last like 4 occasions or so, the quality was extremely poor (dough undercooked/soggy… yuuuk).
Have to order some today, could you please recommend a place that delivers to Downtown and has a super supreme like.

Thanks

Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 13:18
Knowing what I know about soy, I will never consume it.I know the damage it can cause so not even once in two months. It is this not caring about what you put in your body that has landed us in the deep end of autoimmune conditions. But it is always a personal choice. <em>edited by Chocobella on 24/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 12:24
Well, I guess it would hurt if you eat it on a weekly basis. We have N_K_D maybe once every two months and I doubt that will shut down my thyroid or mess with my hormones. Never bothered me, either. Used to live on NKD! Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to exclude ingredients (celiac, diabetes, shellfish allergy, etc)--there is little scientific proof that merits avoiding certain ingredients or chemicals. We are quite the adaptable and resilient species. I would, if anything, warn people about the amount of fiber of NKD pizza crust's ancestral blends.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 11:17
I used to love NKD, but when I realized they had soy in it I just stopped having it. Soy is an endocrine disruptor and pretty much shuts down your thyroid, messes with your s*x hormones and is just all round bad news. edited by Chocobella on 23/10/2014 Well, I guess it would hurt if you eat it on a weekly basis. We have N_K_D maybe once every two months and I doubt that will shut down my thyroid or mess with my hormones.
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 09:18
If you are looking for a new skinny pizza - I love the ones from nonno in Business Bay Nonno--very cool, I didn't know it opened! Heard about the concept a few years back and it was supposed to be in the marina. We are huge fans of another place owned by the owner, I bet it is delicious. I'll have to try it out :)
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 07:45
What bad news about NKD - I was actually relatively happy with the children having pizza as it's wholemeal and the links to greenheart. That really sucks!
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 07:27
For delivery, Rossovivo, but for sit in, Brandi in Dubai Mall or City Walk is my children's fave (not a pizza fan myself lol)...
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 20:54
Agree Polly.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 20:50
Dominos has to be the worst pizza in dubai, quickly followed by zpizza
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 19:53
Yes Tattie, it's in the base, one of the flours in the blend that they make the dough with. It is also coming from US, and might very likely be GMO soy, so even worse. <em>edited by Chocobella on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 19:50
Pizza hutt when I am very hungry. Love dough which is thick and crispy, although meat in most of their pizzas is noon existant. The best pizza in my list is pizza company, try their triple crust pizza, I bet your husband/partner would love all that stuffed meat in it. Nonno is healthy but expensive and not very filling . Tried 4-5 times, but its simply not worth it. I literally ate whole pizza, and still felt hungry. That micro size crust, no I am not interested :-( For me NKD & Oregano pizza are just OK, so is papa John and loved dominos. Stopped ordering dominos because of their horrible customer service. I have tried few other small pizza shops too, list will go very long. My recommendation will be pizza company, dominos or pizza hut. I have order just an other triple crust from pizza company. ?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 19:11
choco that's interesting re NKD, what do they put the soya in? the base?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 18:50
I used to love NKD, but when I realized they had soy in it I just stopped having it. Soy is an endocrine disruptor and pretty much shuts down your thyroid, messes with your s*x hormones and is just all round bad news. I think Pizza Hut is the best bang for buck here, but that's a personal choice. I like the chewy thick crust dripping with cheese. Delivery is a hit or miss from my experience. Papa Johns is another favorite but their delivery absolutely sucks. Cold, stale looking pizzas every time. But if you get it hot, it's worth a trip down to Bur Dubai. Especially love what they used to do as a menu choice and sadly no longer do, the Sweet Heat- cheese, pineapple, jalapenos and onions. Now we just ask for a margherita with those 3 toppings. Costs a lot more than when it was in the menu but it's just fab. Beware of the garlic sauce though, made out of soy. Pizza Express used to have some creative and yum pizzas but their menu has changed so tastebuds ticklers like Soho- mozzarella, shaved parmesan, black olives and fresh rocket with oilve oil, and a vegetarian one with aubergine, zucchini and pine nuts is gone and it's expensive for what it is. Haven't tried the Nonno and Lucky's, so thank you for mentioning. Next on my list to try. <em>edited by Chocobella on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 21:49
I really like the NKD pizza and they have a very good service as well!?
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 20:25
N_K_D, their pizzas as well as their salads. Edited to add: I made my own with a Dinnertime.me recipe tonight and it has crushed N_K_D. Simple and delicious! <em>edited by Oopsiedaisy on 22/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 19:51
I love pizza company especially the pepperoni one.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 17:46
I love Pizza Express, especially the skin crust ones.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 17:41
If you are looking for a new skinny pizza - I love the ones from nonno in Business Bay This! So pleased to have discovered it next to my home ...isn't it fab? Rossovivo is decent too..probably better eaten in. Has been slightly soggy the last couple times at home but has good authentic ingredients and flavour
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 16:04
If you are looking for a new skinny pizza - I love the ones from nonno in Business Bay
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:51
Lucky's is my No.1 -- afterall, it was born and bred in Leeds, UK! So I'm a little biased. Papa Johns is also on a very close par with my first choice. edited by roberts on 22/10/2014 Oh no, not Leeds! I should give you a thumbs down for that lol ;) Hahaha, now now neighbour. We should join forces as fellow Yorkshire lasses! I am a yorkshire lass as well :) So OP did you get your pizza then? NKD On the way :)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:29
Roundtable pizza is yummy my partner used to have it many years ago beats pizza hut hands down :o) x
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:24
Lucky's is my No.1 -- afterall, it was born and bred in Leeds, UK! So I'm a little biased. Papa Johns is also on a very close par with my first choice. edited by roberts on 22/10/2014 Oh no, not Leeds! I should give you a thumbs down for that lol ;) Hahaha, now now neighbour. We should join forces as fellow Yorkshire lasses! I am a yorkshire lass as well :) So OP did you get your pizza then?
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 15:02
Flippin' Pizza! I think it is in the Green Community. Recommended on my zomato app and love it! Fan of NKD, 800 Pizza, and Mamma Mia's, but faithful to Flippin for the moment. They are enormous, though!
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 14:01
In my books, Rosso Vivo is by far the best pizza in Dubai (they use proper buffalo mozzarella on their pizzas and are a traditional Naples style pizza). They have a shop in Business Bay and they deliver Downtown. Totally different style of pizza, but I like them too, is Oz Pizza. They deliver downtown, they have a special on Tuesday night - 2 pizzas for 50dhs.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 13:14
I dont see Oregano on here. Absolutely love their pizza, jut the right amount of everything including the perfect thin crust. NKD is good too but I think Oregano's better. Those are the only 2 I really order from. There's a also a new New York pizza place that opened in IBN, think its flippin pizzas. Not bad...
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:56
Hi Rossovivo should deliver to you as they are based in Business Bay - http://www.foodiva.net/2012/05/a-slice-of-napoli-pizza-in-dubai/ Also, Russo's in Jumeriah will deliver to you
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:50
Lucky's is my No.1 -- afterall, it was born and bred in Leeds, UK! So I'm a little biased. Papa Johns is also on a very close par with my first choice. edited by roberts on 22/10/2014 Oh no, not Leeds! I should give you a thumbs down for that lol ;) Hahaha, now now neighbour. We should join forces as fellow Yorkshire lasses!
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:46
Lucky's is my No.1 -- afterall, it was born and bred in Leeds, UK! So I'm a little biased. Papa Johns is also on a very close par with my first choice. edited by roberts on 22/10/2014 Oh no, not Leeds! I should give you a thumbs down for that lol ;)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:40
3rd vote for lucky's :-) haven't tried the rest of their food though, what is it like, i see the menu is huge now There is an NKD at Al Murooj Rotana and they used to deliver to us in Emaar Square Downtown (when i worked that side) so they should deliver to whole of downtown???? Yeah you are right, my bad i looked it up and it was talking about marina side only. Will give it a try today. Thanks :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:33
Lucky's is my No.1 -- afterall, it was born and bred in Leeds, UK! So I'm a little biased. Papa Johns is also on a very close par with my first choice. <em>edited by roberts on 22/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 12:30
3rd vote for lucky's :-) haven't tried the rest of their food though, what is it like, i see the menu is huge now There is an NKD at Al Murooj Rotana and they used to deliver to us in Emaar Square Downtown (when i worked that side) so they should deliver to whole of downtown????

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY