Marina vs Jlt | ExpatWoman.com

Marina vs Jlt

Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 18:18

Hi everyone,

We have looked very hard to find a suitable place to live- options are now JLT or Marina- 23 Marina Tower- I think 23 marina is on a very busy road even though the building is full of families and seems family friendly. We have a 1.8 year old daughter. I would like a place with more ease and relaxation- JLT seems more of a relaxed place even thought its very close to the marina.

Any advice would be appreciated. We came from quite a calm place in London so i feel the marina is too hectic!!!

Thanks all
Diana

Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 19:19
I live in JLT and the traffic is never an issue, depends what tower I guess but the roads are much better now as is the shops and cafes opening around the lakes. I can walk across the metro to the marina walk and marina mall where I stay, and I can walk to jlt park.. x
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 16:12
Marina is horrendous because of traffic, I avoid going there it's so bad! My friend lives there and one night we got stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours in Marina just to leave the area! Tram might improve it, cant say for certain right now I would choose JLT - more organised and roads have been sorted out now.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:55
I've lived on both sides and really preferred JLT, which I was shocked by! The traffic has improved tremendously in the last few years, and the new park is fab. I would recommend checking out buildings near the metro stations because it's so easy to walk over to the Marina and enjoy the perks of living over there. Marina just got too expensive for us, and the traffic has only gotten worse in the last few years.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 10:37
I don't live near either, but if I had to I would choose JLT over Marina, Marina is over built and over populated with far too many cars, esp considering their are TWO metro stations!! The traffic issues in JLT are now all gone and it is plain sailing - very impressive now + there is a Park n Shop ;)
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 09:55
Why not try the Greens/Views Low level buildings, beautiful pools, area is clean with trees and a lake Close to metro stop/shops/restaurants/MOE. Lots of families around too It is quieter than JLT and The Marina and very easy to get out of in the morning/evening Isn't that the Hessa street junction? I always find it a nightmare. The Greens is a lovely community though. I don't go onto Hessa street at all. We all come out near Tecom so don't go anywhere near that junction. I would only use Hessa street if I had to go towards Arabian ranches or Motor City etc :-)
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 09:31
Why not try the Greens/Views Low level buildings, beautiful pools, area is clean with trees and a lake Close to metro stop/shops/restaurants/MOE. Lots of families around too It is quieter than JLT and The Marina and very easy to get out of in the morning/evening
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 08:01
Compared to a calm place in London - both will probably be pretty hectic for you! I am a Marina gal. I like that I can walk most places and there is plenty to do that's close by.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 07:03
I live in the Marina and love how everything is close by. I can't speak for JLT. The tram construction is over in a month so traffic should be better then.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 22:19
JLT, mainly because of the traffic in the Marina. It's a complete shamble. You will still have everything that the Marina has to offer on your doorstep, but without the chaos in your everyday life. The trafic in JLT is also bad... but yes, I will say JLT is better. ;)
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 20:06
Definitely Jlt but it depends on the tower and cluster too. Some have very bad maintenance

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY