Whats the best "off the beaten path" restaurant | ExpatWoman.com

Whats the best "off the beaten path" restaurant

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 10:47

You've been to in Dubai?

Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:32
if it's on here it won't be off the beaten path for much longer :) If it's not in the Marina I don't think there's too much to worry about ;)
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 16:06
if it's on here it won't be off the beaten path for much longer :)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 18:17
I like Student Biriyani for a nice Chicken Karai (there's 2 but the Karama one is best. For Lebanese I like Arz Lebnan, the Beach Road branch. Must try out the other restaurants. Love a bit of spicy food, sweating and tearing eyes included :p
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 17:14
Chicken Tikka Inn in Jumeirah 1, next to Sun and Sand is a favorite. Ravi's in Satwa
Latest post on 24 October 2014 - 13:55
Manvaar is amazing!!! I just wish they'd get a bigger place. For Pakistani and North Indian food, Karachi Inn in Discovery gardens does fab dishes. For exotic Indian, Asha's in MOE. We also love Al Reef for Lebanese. It is opposite Karama post office and cheap. When we want to eat more indulgent Lebanese we head to Cafe Blanc in Dubai Mall. Luigi's at Four Point Sheraton is a nice Italian. Small place, serve wine and have a lovely, tranquil ambiance. Breakfast at Jones the Grocer is just lovely, has a great atmosphere, not really off the beaten track though. <em>edited by Chocobella on 24/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 20:41
Hugo's at Palm Strip is lovely - yummy breakfasts, like nowhere else!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 18:26
Arabic: Demyati in Karama & Al Malla Diyafa St Fish: Bu Q'tair in the fishermens' village nr JBH Date cake: Arabian Tea House cafe in Bastakiya Indian: Sind Punjab in Karama for North Indian food, Saravna Bhavan for south indian & breakfasts Grilled chicken/homous/falafel sandwiches: Eat & Drink Al Wasl Rd Thalis: Chappan Bhog Bur dubai/karama edited by Tattie Bogle on 23/10/2014 <em>edited by Tattie Bogle on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 11:01
Oohh. Special Ostadi in Bur Dubai, near the Dubai Museum. It's an old Persian restaurant that's been around since the 1960s, I think. Has a loyal following. I won't claim it's the best Persian in Dubai but the kebabs are lovely and the atmosphere is delightful and prices very reasonable. When we want to make an evening of it, we'll take the metro and walk the rest of the way, and head down to the creek afterwards for a bit of a stroll. It's a fabulous way to get out of the "New Dubai" mentality and enjoy something with more character for a few hours. Our favorite Thai in Dubai is actually Ban Khun Mae, in the upper food court at MoE. One wouldn't think so because of the location right next to KFC, but it is very good Thai food and much cheaper than most Thai restaurants. They even have an "authentic" Thai menu alongside the regular one for more adventuresome dishes. It's one of the best kept food secrets at the mall and 100-120 AED will get you a massive takeaway feast for four people. They do not charge extra for the rice! We regularly stop by for takeaway to take home and they will also deliver (or did at one point, I find it quicker to go in myself). For Indian I love Manvaar Delight in Karama. Rajasthani style food. Calicut Paragon is excellent for South Indian/Kerala spicy food.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY