Why do some societies discriminate? | ExpatWoman.com

Why do some societies discriminate?

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 14:09

Why do some societies discriminate against single women, widows and divorcées for the simple fact that they do not have a man to give them a name, a title, an identity? I think when societies discriminate against women, those who often judge, carry and execute this discrimination are none other than other women.

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 18:27
Guess its Wine-o-clock time! If only! Still hours of ferrying around squabbling children ahead for me. Anyone kicked back relaxing yet? Over the crying baby, the bath running and 'Hey diddle diddle' I can almost hear the ice cubes clinking..... 60 mins till bedtime!!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 17:50
Guess its Wine-o-clock time! If only! Still hours of ferrying around squabbling children ahead for me. Anyone kicked back relaxing yet? oh yesh. G&T - check outside with feet up - check DH bbqing / no dinner duty - check plate of pimento olives - check TNT - check :D
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 17:41
Yes, 'cause no doubt most people will be on their way home unless you're stuck in the office till 6 :(
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 17:39
Well that's disappointing, it's all gone quiet...
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:59
Why do some societies discriminate against single women, widows and divorcées for the simple fact that they do not have a man to give them a name, a title, an identity? I think when societies discriminate against women, those who often judge, carry and execute this discrimination are none other than other women. Why don't you ask on your own forum ? lol I'd play except that I can't answer because i'm not aware of the discrimination of which you speak... Have obviously led a sheltered life... lol
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:58
In two hours tops I could be done with bedtime (kids) and free - that moment is pure bliss ! Thursday night is sushi night for me, might have some easy listening like Don't Speak by No Doubt to accompany it. edited by Redrec Tangle on 23/10/2014 <em>edited by Redrec Tangle on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:51
Guess its Wine-o-clock time! If only! Still hours of ferrying around squabbling children ahead for me. Anyone kicked back relaxing yet?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:40
Thanks Daza - appreciated!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:38
[i'>listening to K.D Lang non stop? Or just a general sapphic vibe?[/i'> LOL! Daza, remember you said you knew someone who had remodelled their kitchen/bathroom in AR and could recommend contractors? That thread got vaporised for some reason, but would appreciate if you've got any names. Sorry to hijack this funny thread! Sorry Artemis, I haven't spoken to her yet but I'm seeing her next week so will check out the work and get all the details then. If I haven't posted it by the end of next week please remind me!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:38
Guess its Wine-o-clock time!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:35
[i'>listening to K.D Lang non stop? Or just a general sapphic vibe?[/i'> LOL! Daza, remember you said you knew someone who had remodelled their kitchen/bathroom in AR and could recommend contractors? That thread got vaporised for some reason, but would appreciate if you've got any names. Sorry to hijack this funny thread!
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:10
Oh no, here we go again :D
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:13
It's Thursday afternoon, might pour myself a glass of something and watch this blow up.... or not. Sorry letmespeak we won't go for this a second time. Doesn't anyone have a lesbian maid or a ho*ny gardener that I could read about with my glass of something? We need a good TNT
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:05
It's Thursday afternoon, might pour myself a glass of something and watch this blow up.... or not. Sorry letmespeak we won't go for this a second time. Doesn't anyone have a lesbian maid or a ho*ny gardener that I could read about with my glass of something?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 14:27
Why can't women just be honest and say they are looking for inspiration for the blog that they are advertising on other sections of this forum? Because she doesn't want to face discrimination from the ladies that are partial to this one? ;) <em>edited by Redrec Tangle on 23/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 14:26
Why can't women just be honest and say they are looking for inspiration for the blog that they are advertising on other sections of this forum?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 14:25
Uh-oh, look who is back to rile us up all over again.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 14:11
It is what it is.... next discussion point for your website is?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY