Would you apply for this job? | ExpatWoman.com

Would you apply for this job?

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:22

I rarely see jobs that interest me but this is one that I'd like to apply for. The trouble is it states on the advert that they are looking for people aged 25 - 35, for example. Even though I fit the criteria, I'm appalled that they would only open the job to certain ages. It's not a job that demands a level of fitness or anything and many people around the world do this job until they are quite old.

So now I'm torn. Do I suck up my principles and apply for a job to work for an ageist company? Or do I remain sadly unemployed?

Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 17:54
Go for it! What do you have to lose?
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:13
I saw a job once that said should be young - I asked if "young at heart" would be ok, she said yes! LOL
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 16:06
I once applied for a job and was asked about what I thought of revealing/non revealing clothing. I also saw an advert that only wanted applicants with "good shape of body" and "be willing to travel with director, be open minded but private"...
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:47
I rarely see jobs that interest me but this is one that I'd like to apply for. The trouble is it states on the advert that they are looking for people aged 25 - 35, for example. Even though I fit the criteria, I'm appalled that they would only open the job to certain ages. It's not a job that demands a level of fitness or anything and many people around the world do this job until they are quite old. So now I'm torn. Do I suck up my principles and apply for a job to work for an ageist company? Or do I remain sadly unemployed? That's nothing, have seen on Dubizzle 'must be pretty' or 'attractive'.....honestly only here
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:31
We would miss you..... Seriously though - I would still consider applying. Companies do strange things like that here. Doesn't make it right - I know. The job my husband got a while back was advertised as requiring applicants to have 17 years experience.... He only had 6. Still - 17 seemed quite specific. We had a chuckle.
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:28
I rarely see jobs that interest me but this is one that I'd like to apply for. The trouble is it states on the advert that they are looking for people aged 25 - 35, for example. Even though I fit the criteria, I'm appalled that they would only open the job to certain ages. It's not a job that demands a level of fitness or anything and many people around the world do this job until they are quite old. So now I'm torn. Do I suck up my principles and apply for a job to work for an ageist company? Or do I remain sadly unemployed? Go for it as GE says. I have clients who change their mind regarding gender/nationality/age etc once they have met the candidates face to face
Latest post on 23 October 2014 - 15:24
I would just go for it. When I was looking a lot of the vacancies stated certain ages, or some even told me face to face, or over the phone, that I was too old and they were looking for someone younger. Didn't matter that the role was also asking for experience!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY