Jumeira 1 Open Beach closing - 26 Oct | ExpatWoman.com

Jumeira 1 Open Beach closing - 26 Oct

Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 10:15
can you park at the beach at JBR? We always go to Kite beach but I fancy a change! Hi There, I was suppose to head to the beach yesterday with my DD but the weather was horrific yesterday so we might take a trip later on the tram and head there. Am not sure about the parking I assume you can park there. I always avoid taking the car when am heading towards Marina/ JBR because of traffic. Sorry not been much help. Perhaps another poster can answer to your question.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 09:07
can you park at the beach at JBR? We always go to Kite beach but I fancy a change!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 21:59
Thanks Chrissy and Noddy I've decided to head to JBR beach as it the closest and I think I might take the tram instead of the car bit of a fun day with LO apparently its a few minutes walk to the beach. Thank you both x
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 13:16
There are lots of options. The beach near KFC/Hardees, or behind there is massive, lots of facilities by Kite Beach on the left, facing the sea, and that goes basically about 5 km towards the Burj. Going the other way towards town there is about 3 km of beach with shade, toilets, changing areas etc, plenty of space to enjoy the lovely weather and holidays, hope you find somewhere that suits. Kite beach also has lots of options if you want to play sports and eat!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 13:12
Why not go to The Beach at JBR, the facilities are great and its definitely open!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:29
Afternoon ladies, I can't keep up with the beach situation. The umm sequiem park opposite beach is that open? Keep hearing conflicting info that it's closed off; the next it's open. Would like to take my LO to the beach it's been a a long while since we've last visited. Don't want to drive all the way there and find out its closed off. Can somone shed some info. Thanks.
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 16:57
Jum 1 beach is closed too Are they developing that part too Polly? I cant keep up with it all! Infuriating, made a lot of local residents in the area very angry! :angry:
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:50
Kite Beach: Open Um Suqeim Beach beside Burj Al Arab: Open Lots of other bits of beaches in between them - open Jumeirah Open Beach (Jumeirah One) - closed for La Mer development Jumeirah Beach Park closed for canal development. There are tons of other stretches of beach though! Thank you
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:45
Kite Beach: Open Um Suqeim Beach beside Burj Al Arab: Open Lots of other bits of beaches in between them - open Jumeirah Open Beach (Jumeirah One) - closed for La Mer development Jumeirah Beach Park closed for canal development. There are tons of other stretches of beach though!
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:39
Jum 1 beach is closed too Are they developing that part too Polly? I cant keep up with it all!
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:33
Jum 1 beach is closed too
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:32
Afternoon ladies Was hoping to arrange a trip to the beach at the weekend, can anyone confirm if any of the Jumeirah beaches are open? TIA You can go to the new corniche one which is close to the Burj Al Arab I believe it has been developed. The only one I know that is closed is the Jumeriah Beach Park one :-(
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 14:28
Afternoon ladies Was hoping to arrange a trip to the beach at the weekend, can anyone confirm if any of the Jumeirah beaches are open? TIA
Latest post on 03 November 2014 - 10:06
Morning ladies, Can someone please confirm whether the public beach (near burj al arab) which is situated opposite the Umm Sequiem park is that closed off. Wanted to go tomorrow and its been ages since we have visited. Hope that's not the case. Very sad indeed. TIA. <em>edited by Fr!zzyBusY on 03/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 11:54
Hi ladies, so, can we say that the only public beaches that remained open are Kite Beach and Al Mamzar? No more jumeirah beach park and no more jumeirah open beach. Any other places to suggest? Thanks! Didn't I read here that Jumeirah Beach Park has reopened? Think it has closed again
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 18:21
Really?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 17:00
Hi ladies, so, can we say that the only public beaches that remained open are Kite Beach and Al Mamzar? No more jumeirah beach park and no more jumeirah open beach. Any other places to suggest? Thanks! Didn't I read here that Jumeirah Beach Park has reopened?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:57
The stretch right along from Burj al Arab, in front of Um Suqeim Park etc. Jumeirah Beach Residence beach. Palace Beaches Areas near Mercato.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:52
Hi ladies, so, can we say that the only public beaches that remained open are Kite Beach and Al Mamzar? No more jumeirah beach park and no more jumeirah open beach. Any other places to suggest? Thanks!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:47
All looks like we were worried for nothing http://www.ahlanlive.com/dubais-jumeirah-corniche-to-open-today-530594.html Or Not - OMG - I have given up trying to figure this one out
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:42
[url=http://media.emirates247.com/images/2013/10/Jumeirah%20Corniche%20Development%20Project/8.gif'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:36
Fab, thanks...it does look good!! Just means I'll have to drive instead of walk there, boo hoo...!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:35
Kite Beach, with new gym areas, running track to left of the blue poles, and decking to the left of the running track [url=http://www.thenational.ae/storyimage/AB/20141025/ARTICLE/141029318/AR/0/&MaxW=640&imageVersion=default&AR-141029318.jpg'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:34
OK, that's definitely further along then, must be past the fishing village and near Four Seasons...I'll try to escape the children this week and have a nosey...thanks!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:31
In this picture you can see the running track, and the wooden decking. http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1247558!/image/2737274333.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/2737274333.jpg This goes for miles - I have only been from after JBP area up until Burj Al Arab area but it is fairly well connected so far! Between JBP area (including the area in front of the new 4 Seasons hotel) down to Dubai marine it needs an EWer to investigate and see!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:26
Mrs M just go a bit further up until after the closure - the tracks are right the way along the beach. The wooden part I *think* is for cycles. Otherwise, head out to Nad Al Sheba cycle tracks or even Mushrif Park which has miles and miles of cycle tracks. Thanks, TB...so does the running track still go from around where the bike track stopped and then go all along...?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:23
Mrs M just go a bit further up until after the closure - the tracks are right the way along the beach. The wooden part I *think* is for cycles. Otherwise, head out to Nad Al Sheba cycle tracks or even Mushrif Park which has miles and miles of cycle tracks.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:22
Thanks for the clarification. This is a good thing, right? No...the open beach was just fab as it was!! So, does anyone know where you can run now on the beach? there's no cycle track at all though...?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:12
The Jumeirah Corniche running tracks, kiosks, gym areas and general cleanliness of the beaches are fabulous and a lot has been accomplished in a short time. :)
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:05
Thanks for the clarification. This is a good thing, right?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY