Ordering alcohol a la carte at a brunch? | ExpatWoman.com

Ordering alcohol a la carte at a brunch?

Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:48
I've done that at a brunch before (Beachcombers at JBH). It's so easy to drink far too much with an all-in package! Thought that was the whole point of brunch, lol... I was drinking coffee at Brunch on Friday. My I have changed! That's something to do with age ;) But seriously, I much prefer to go and enjoy the food rather than have far too much to drink and then lose the rest of the weekend.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:39
I've done that at a brunch before (Beachcombers at JBH). It's so easy to drink far too much with an all-in package! Thought that was the whole point of brunch, lol... I was drinking coffee at Brunch on Friday. My I have changed!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 16:28
I've done that at a brunch before (Beachcombers at JBH). It's so easy to drink far too much with an all-in package! Thought that was the whole point of brunch, lol...
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 12:28
Thanks for the advice, everyone! I'll definitely check pricing. As Victoria said though, it's a great way to avoid becoming excessive on the alcohol front :)
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 11:09
DH often does this as most brunches don't offer his preferred tipple so orders the non alcoholic package then just pays extra for his drinks. But as Yorky says the difference can often be minimal so best check out the prices first.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 10:29
I've done that at a brunch before (Beachcombers at JBH). It was a while ago so I can't remember what the price difference between packages was, but imagine it was fairly substantial and better in this case just to order a single beer/glass of wine. Its not just about the cost though. It's so easy to drink far too much with an all-in package!
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:55
Also at some venues there isn't much difference in price between the different packages. I've been to one which was only 50 Dhs extra for the drinks package so not worth buying one or two drinks separately.
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:31
I think it would totally depend on where you are, if they were to encourage it - more people would do it, and therefore the end of brunch packages!
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:12
It might depend on the venue but I've been to brunches where it has been fine to do this. Bubbalicious was ok with it.
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 18:42
I was just curious if it's possible to go to a brunch on a soft drinks package, and if you decide you fancy just one glass of wine, you could order and pay for that off the 'ordinary' menu?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY