Need a new hairdresser... | ExpatWoman.com

Need a new hairdresser...

Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:39

Where do people go for their hair coloured? I get highlights and looking for a new hairdresser desperately! Particularly interested to hear from people who get highlights... Thanks!

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:27
Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights? Yes - half head of highlights to fix the mess the other guy had made. I too searched for a British hairdresser who understood I didn't want tiger stripes and farah fawcett flicks! I've recommended him to a few of my friends and they are all using him now. I think there's another 2 or 3 British stylists - one female who's supposed to be amazing too.
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:18
Just me and DH. All our kids are grown up and back in the UK. Dubai is a means to an end for us at our age ;) but we quite like it. We just live the same style of life we had back home, only with better weather :) edited by Geordie expat on 28/10/2014 Sounds a nice life :) Thanks for the hairdresser tips and have a good day :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 11:15
SLaM in Al Quoz. Good mix of hairdressers and they have been nominated as a top hair salon too by the Whats On magazine. My old hairdresser from salon ink (Ali) works there now and she is brilliant with highlights. Havent tried the others yet but looking at their customers they are just as good. http://slam.ae/
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:40
Just me and DH. All our kids are grown up and back in the UK. Dubai is a means to an end for us at our age ;) but we quite like it. We just live the same style of life we had back home, only with better weather :) <em>edited by Geordie expat on 28/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:33
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Geordie Expat - [b'>I like the look of Essentials I may give them a go. I just preferably want an English hairdresser or at least one English trained...[/b'>Cattur22 - Thanks will give them a call too :) Kentgirl1 - No thanks will never return to Hairworks at Ibn Battuta again! That is where I am coming FROM... They couldn't pay ME to return there! Thanks though! Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights? All their staff are English and one's from Gateshead :) Really!? Wow that's like finding a pot of gold!! Im from South Shields but my husband is from Gateshead and we lived through there for 5+ years before moving here! I will ring them then. Who do you go to? Recommend? Ask for Meghan for a cut, (she's the Geordie) and Holly for colouring. Both DH and I are from South Shields :) Cool will give them a try maybe! ;) Ah that's nice to hear - I think your the first person I have came into contact with that's from South Shields too :) Is it just you and your husband or children too? How do you find Dubai?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:23
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Geordie Expat - [b'>I like the look of Essentials I may give them a go. I just preferably want an English hairdresser or at least one English trained...[/b'>Cattur22 - Thanks will give them a call too :) Kentgirl1 - No thanks will never return to Hairworks at Ibn Battuta again! That is where I am coming FROM... They couldn't pay ME to return there! Thanks though! Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights? All their staff are English and one's from Gateshead :) Really!? Wow that's like finding a pot of gold!! Im from South Shields but my husband is from Gateshead and we lived through there for 5+ years before moving here! I will ring them then. Who do you go to? Recommend? Ask for Meghan for a cut, (she's the Geordie) and Holly for colouring. Both DH and I are from South Shields :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:21
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Geordie Expat - [b'>I like the look of Essentials I may give them a go. I just preferably want an English hairdresser or at least one English trained...[/b'>Cattur22 - Thanks will give them a call too :) Kentgirl1 - No thanks will never return to Hairworks at Ibn Battuta again! That is where I am coming FROM... They couldn't pay ME to return there! Thanks though! Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights? All their staff are English and one's from Gateshead :) Really!? Wow that's like finding a pot of gold!! Im from South Shields but my husband is from Gateshead and we lived through there for 5+ years before moving here! I will ring them then. Who do you go to? Recommend?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:15
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Geordie Expat - [b'>I like the look of Essentials I may give them a go. I just preferably want an English hairdresser or at least one English trained...[/b'>Cattur22 - Thanks will give them a call too :) Kentgirl1 - No thanks will never return to Hairworks at Ibn Battuta again! That is where I am coming FROM... They couldn't pay ME to return there! Thanks though! Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights? All their staff are English and one's from Gateshead :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:13
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Geordie Expat - I like the look of Essentials I may give them a go. I just preferably want an English hairdresser or at least one English trained... Cattur22 - Thanks will give them a call too :) Kentgirl1 - No thanks will never return to Hairworks at Ibn Battuta again! That is where I am coming FROM... They couldn't pay ME to return there! Thanks though! Lafalot - Thank you! Did you have highlights - what did you have done? Is he good with highlights?
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 10:22
Adam at Pastels Ritz Carlton. A scouser who rescued my hair after a Lebanese massacre! Thoroughly recommend him.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 06:53
Hairworks at Ibn Battuta is fantastic. I'd tried many different salons before them but wasn't completely happy. They're reliable and do a brilliant job of cutting and highlights!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 19:58
I just got my hair done on Thursday in Cut Above down on Jumeirah Beach Road. I was a bit hesitant as I always am about trying a new hair dresses. Vicky did my hair, she is a english girl and she was amazing. I got both highlights and a cut. I am thrilled with my hair and the atmosphere in there was so nice.... I even got a pedicure while getting my hair done :) ! Their number is 04 3446444
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 09:11
I always use Essetials on Al Wasl, both for cutting and colouring and yes I do have highlights.
Latest post on 25 October 2014 - 19:59
If you type in hairdressers in the search engine you will find lots of previous threads on this subject. Finding the right hairdresser is a very personal experience but there are good ones out there. Hopefully you can make a shortlist of ones in the area which is convenient for you.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY