how to bring a filipino maid into the country given the ban in philipine | ExpatWoman.com

how to bring a filipino maid into the country given the ban in philipine

Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:25

Hi ladies - i accidentally messed up my first post lol so had to delete. So I've found a lady over in the philipines i desperately want to bring over. The issue is ban from the philipines. is there any way i can get her to leave the country? anyone tried it?

Latest post on 08 November 2014 - 09:51
What about African countries, anybody with experience on how to do this
Latest post on 07 November 2014 - 18:24
Judging from the posts below, if your maid is already in Singapore it shouldn't be too much trouble to bring her to Dubai, as long as she doesn't go back to the Philippines first. As for finding work, I don't know what you do, but the I've gathered it's much easier to find work in Dubai than Singapore because Singapore has introduced many restrictions on hiring overseas expats. 90% of Dubai is expat, so that tells you a lot. Hi all, We are relocating from Singapore to Dubai in 2 months time and will surely appreciate advise on this forum regarding bringing our Filipina helper with us... Am I right to assume if she exits via Singapore she will have no issue with the Philippines government? Will it be difficult to get her a work visa in Dubai? Anything that we can do now to start the process? Please do share your experience, as it is I am very apprehensive about moving there... I have to quit a good job here to start afresh, don't even know if it's possible or easy to find work in Dubai for a foreigner...
Latest post on 07 November 2014 - 03:14
Hi all, We are relocating from Singapore to Dubai in 2 months time and will surely appreciate advise on this forum regarding bringing our Filipina helper with us... Am I right to assume if she exits via Singapore she will have no issue with the Philippines government? Will it be difficult to get her a work visa in Dubai? Anything that we can do now to start the process? Please do share your experience, as it is I am very apprehensive about moving there... I have to quit a good job here to start afresh, don't even know if it's possible or easy to find work in Dubai for a foreigner...
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 21:58
What about a visit visa from one of her family or friends here in Dubai?
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 21:08
No, she can't leave her country even if it's an office visa, we tried it & we issued the visa but they stopped her at the airport & she wasn't able to leave the airport & that was 3 yrs back. Even with our secretary who cancelled her visa then asked to come back, she had to leave the Philippines to Singapore to be able to enter here with her employment visa. <em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 26/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 19:30
Thanks so much for your responses ladies. Yes believe one of the best ways is to bring them via malaysia/hongkong/singapore etc - I've had it work for one friend and not for another. does anyone know if its an option to get them an office visa? can they leave manila then? i would get another nationality - but my nanny is from philippines and I've had previously had 2 different nationalities in my house and it was a war zone! i defo don't want to go down that road again - this way they can make the same foods watch the same channels et etc in their free time and at least share a room with a possible friend......
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 18:35
Try Sri Lankan maids then. Or other nationalities that can still get maid visas.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:50
Daza, this is what I thought but my maids friend was brought recently from Filipines through an agency. Dont know how they do it but i know its expensive and all legal. After she came to dubai her visa was and sponsorship was done without any problems. Interesting. I read an article recently about the impact the ban was having on agencies with the loss of business. Maybe it's like most things, if you pay enough you can get around it!
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:48
Daza, this is what I thought but my maids friend was brought recently from Filipines through an agency. Dont know how they do it but i know its expensive and all legal. After she came to dubai her visa was and sponsorship was done without any problems. It was still allowed through June. Wouldn't it be easy if you could just hire a Philippino maid for 10,000 dirhams? That was the price 5 years ago! <em>edited by AnonDubai on 26/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:44
Daza, this is what I thought but my maids friend was brought recently from Filipines through an agency. Dont know how they do it but i know its expensive and all legal. After she came to dubai her visa was and sponsorship was done without any problems.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:40
Hi ladies - i accidentally messed up my first post lol so had to delete. So I've found a lady over in the philipines i desperately want to bring over. The issue is ban from the philipines. is there any way i can get her to leave the country? anyone tried it? I know, the ban makes it all very difficult. I think you have to use agency to bring her, they charge quite a lot of money though, i heard of 10000 aed people paying just to bring a filipina here. On top of that you have to add all sponshorship cost. I could be wrong but I don't think the agencies are allowed to recruit from the Philippines at the moment.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:36
Well it's pretty risky and depends on how savvy your prospective maid is. Does she speak good english? Has she worked abroad before? We've done it where we booked our housekeeper through Malaysia. You have to book a separate round trip ticket to a country where Filipina's don't need visas. Best is Kuala Lumpur or Indonesia. She will have to be confident enough to tell them she is going to visit a cousin or friend or whatever. And then you book a separate one way ticket to Dubai. But it's risky because I've had one prospective maid not be able to convince them that she was going to Malaysia. It's apparently easier if they don't leave from Manila but from a regional airport.
Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 13:36
Hi ladies - i accidentally messed up my first post lol so had to delete. So I've found a lady over in the philipines i desperately want to bring over. The issue is ban from the philipines. is there any way i can get her to leave the country? anyone tried it? I know, the ban makes it all very difficult. I think you have to use agency to bring her, they charge quite a lot of money though, i heard of 10000 aed people paying just to bring a filipina here. On top of that you have to add all sponshorship cost.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY