Thumbs Up | ExpatWoman.com

Thumbs Up

Latest post on 26 October 2014 - 19:11

Life is hard and we are all struggling in our own way.

But whoever takes the time to research someone and then post a reference to her and post a totally random message on EW is seriously disturbed and needs help. Possibly also a visit to Alcoholics Anonymous as the post was written by someone either on medication or while drunk.

Please, whoever you are, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, seek help.
<em>edited by Guinness2 on 26/10/2014</em>

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 10:17
An open bedroom door seems to be an invitation to our Mau to come sleep on my legs or on DH's chest. Moving during the night is not allowed :) For some reason, she will sleep quite happily next to the kids' beds. Could be all that night time karate they do, and the cat is taking no chances :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:58
And God Forbid that you move and disturb their precious sleep !!!! It's even better when you can't actually move! My Maus have that down ;)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:25
And God Forbid that you move and disturb their precious sleep !!!! It's even better when you can't actually move!
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:20
And God Forbid that you move and disturb their precious sleep !!!!
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:18
I have a king size bed so not sure why i need to share a pillow and be pinned down.... more than enough room for all 3 of us It's 'cause they love you. There were 7 in/on our bed at one point last night :(
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:03
I have a king size bed so not sure why i need to share a pillow and be pinned down.... more than enough room for all 3 of us
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 09:00
I missed all this but how awful... Izzy why don't you report this person, you never know when you'll find the [b'>horses head under your pillow.[/b'> In all my years of forum-ing, I've only been personally attacked once and that was right here on EW! Ironic considering their stance. However that one incident was really quite threatening and it would be awful going through that for years. No room - usually have to share my pillow with a Mau ;) Only one :) The other mau (aka fat cat) usually likes to sleep across my legs....... :) :) :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 08:58
I missed all this but how awful... Izzy why don't you report this person, you never know when you'll find the [b'>horses head under your pillow.[/b'> In all my years of forum-ing, I've only been personally attacked once and that was right here on EW! Ironic considering their stance. However that one incident was really quite threatening and it would be awful going through that for years. No room - usually have to share my pillow with a Mau ;) Only one :) The other mau (aka fat cat) usually likes to sleep across my legs.......
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 08:51
I missed all this but how awful... Izzy why don't you report this person, you never know when you'll find the [b'>horses head under your pillow.[/b'> In all my years of forum-ing, I've only been personally attacked once and that was right here on EW! Ironic considering their stance. However that one incident was really quite threatening and it would be awful going through that for years. No room - usually have to share my pillow with a Mau ;) Only one :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 06:44
I missed all this but how awful... Izzy why don't you report this person, you never know when you'll find the [b'>horses head under your pillow.[/b'> In all my years of forum-ing, I've only been personally attacked once and that was right here on EW! Ironic considering their stance. However that one incident was really quite threatening and it would be awful going through that for years. No room - usually have to share my pillow with a Mau ;)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 00:00
More information: http://m.thenational.ae/uae/courts/online-verbal-insults-are-punishable-in-any-emirate-uae-supreme-court-rules Wonder who will be the first to test it out? :) Report it!... You could even make some cash out of it <em>edited by Britgirldubai on 28/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 20:44
From the ever present thumbs down on the most innocuous post, it was obvious someone was taking time to figuratively attack Izzy, but wow, to send nasty emais and now to out the person in a public forum means the stalker has stepped up their offensive, and I'd strongly advise you to up your defense, this sort of thing isnt going away. If you have copies of the emails, and prinouts of the FB posts, then register a complaint, these sort of online bullying campaigns are being taken seriously by the police and you have every right to put a stop to it, why must you go on ignoring this outrageous level of aggression? Its true that your posts are at times, somewhat inflammatory and when I find it so either I ignore it or point it out, but its just an online forum, and there's no need to cyber stalk someone to this extent. I am so curious as to who it may be, they ought to be outed as well. Bullies are cowards and I bet this one will run with her/his tail tucked in when confronted.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 14:43
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :) Honestly I thought you were having us on when when you said you had a internet stalker that follows you around and was giving you all the red thumbs. I think she/he is in love! Why else would you stalk someone? oooooh Stockholm syndrome.... God help me.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 14:29
More information: http://m.thenational.ae/uae/courts/online-verbal-insults-are-punishable-in-any-emirate-uae-supreme-court-rules Wonder who will be the first to test it out? :)
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 13:43
Thought this was quite fitting: http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/dh10-000-fine-for-abusing-woman-online-2014-10-27-1.567777
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 13:42
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :) Honestly I thought you were having us on when when you said you had a internet stalker that follows you around and was giving you all the red thumbs. I think she/he is in love! Why else would you stalk someone? That's right, Izzy did say that she had a few proposals in the past. Maybe it's someone who's taken the huff at being rejected. I can't imagine it would be a woman from EW... surely not. Edited :) <em>edited by Alismum on 27/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 13:32
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :) Honestly I thought you were having us on when when you said you had a internet stalker that follows you around and was giving you all the red thumbs. I think she/he is in love! Why else would you stalk someone?
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 12:54
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :) Honestly I thought you were having us on when when you said you had a internet stalker that follows you around and was giving you all the red thumbs.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 12:37
yes sounds right, i just don't understand why would anyone do that, i mean if you have a problem with a user isn't t[b'>he adult civilized way of doing this is speaking to the person in private[/b'>. You are 100% right, but unfortunately, this happened to me this year. My 'so-called best friend' suddenly ignored me one day, and then another, ignored my text and phone calls, without any explanation. From one day to the next?? Then started ignoring another mutual friend in the same way. Later I found out, by a number of people, she has been backstabbing me for at least 2 years and I never knew. So, yes, unfortunately there are people out there who cannot be civilized and adult enough to communicate in an appropriate manner. They attack and plot in the shadows, but can't face the music. edited by SuzyDuzy on 27/10/2014 This reads like a high school problem. I cannot understand why adults would want to behave this way. People like this would not last long in the world I live in. Everyone is so straight and those who aren't are treated politely however often not invited he next time, so I rarely encounter people like this. Sharks, yes. Cows and p1gs, no.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 11:53
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :) They would never do that. It is easier to hide behind the internet as a "keyboard warrior"
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 11:50
Its really pathetic isn't it..... Just man up and say it to my face..... :)
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 11:50
Sadly it reminds me of my first thoughts of Dubai when I first moved here, I felt like I had reverted back to High School with the girls at work all being so ****** and mean to each other. I thought the attitudes of those people had long left Dubai, I guess not. Sad that some people feel they need to do that - considering we are all grown ups here.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 11:42
yes sounds right, i just don't understand why would anyone do that, i mean if you have a problem with a user isn't t[b'>he adult civilized way of doing this is speaking to the person in private[/b'>. You are 100% right, but unfortunately, this happened to me this year. My 'so-called best friend' suddenly ignored me one day, and then another, ignored my text and phone calls, without any explanation. From one day to the next?? Then started ignoring another mutual friend in the same way. Later I found out, by a number of people, she has been backstabbing me for at least 2 years and I never knew. So, yes, unfortunately there are people out there who cannot be civilized and adult enough to communicate in an appropriate manner. They attack and plot in the shadows, but can't face the music. <em>edited by SuzyDuzy on 27/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 10:02
Well it was me that was "outed" yesteday - not that is really an "outing" as quite a few of you know who i am in the real world and i am neither ashmaed of myself or of Izzy. Many of you who do know me, also know that i say what i think all of the time. I also agree with Guiness, that whoever it was, needs some help. This is not the first time that this user has tried to out me, or sent me abusive emails and facebook messages (which have reported to our mods btw - so they are as ineffectual as we think they are). Anyone who spends years (yes it has been years) sending ****** emails, facebook message and snarky EW posts against a user needs sectioning and needs to get a life. Sorry to hear this Izzy, wonder why someone would do this.. I didn't see the post myself.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 10:00
Seriously?! Whoever did that needs help. And stalking you for years?! Is it someone you know in real life who "followed" you to the forum or someone who came across you here? to be honest, i dont know and i dont care. It has no bearance on my life at all.. i just think its pathetic and sad, and if anything they need my pity. If they had anything about them they would be upfront and honest rather than lurging in the shadows and anyone who does that is just well, sad and pathetic.
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 09:55
Good morning ladies, We take this behavior seriously on EW and the poster was banned and the posts deleted by our moderators last night. Our aim is to keep this forum as private as possible for our users. Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 09:55
Good morning ladies, We take this behavior seriously on EW and the poster was banned and the posts deleted by our moderators last night. Our aim is to keep this forum as private as possible for our users. Warm regards, EW Admin
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 09:53
Seriously?! Whoever did that needs help. And stalking you for years?! Is it someone you know in real life who "followed" you to the forum or someone who came across you here?
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 09:52
Not sure they correrlate but at least if your are getting abused on private messaging Mods can do something about it..... as on private email they can't even though its apparent that they got the info from this site..... food for thoughts mods?
Latest post on 27 October 2014 - 09:49
I daresay Admin will say this is why they won't allow private messaging ...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY