Property Management Company S&K are a month and a half late with our rent payment!!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Property Management Company S&K are a month and a half late with our rent payment!!!!

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 12:43

I am absolutely sick and fed up of our property management company S & K. They are one and a half month late with our rent payment with no explanation. Frankly they do nothing for the property management fee they charge us and are consistently late with rent payments to us...this now really takes the biscuit!!!....Their staff keep on changing...they were supposed to have our property inspected every quarter as per our contract, for over a year, this did not happen even once. Their communication is absolutely shocking...possibly the worst customer experience we have ever had!!!! Absolutely sick of them!!!
edited by spiderwoman on 28/10/2014
<em>edited by spiderwoman on 28/10/2014</em>

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 11:59
Pleased to advise that after an email to S&K saying we were going to complain to the Dubai Land Department and another one saying that we were going to file a complaint at the Al Barsha Police Station, DH received a phone call from the Property Manager who was not taking calls and did not phone DH back after all the attempts he made to contact her....She was apparently in tears...saying it was not her fault...the company at a high level followed such unethical practices....in our email we told her that we would put her name as the contact in the Police complaint for illegally withholding of customer's monies...' which probably had her running scared. Yesterday evening we received an email with a copy of the cheque...and they promised to deposit it into our bank yesterday evening itself. I have checked this morning and the funds have been credited. What a disgrace of a company....an absolute scam...they have no regard for customers and their practices are so unethical. !!!!
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 03:12
We use Acrohouse and have been very pleased.Not only are we pleased but our tenants have high regards for the company and staff as well. Similar to better homes we have been assigned a property manger. HTH
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 17:30
Spiderwoman have you seen this latest article regarding S&K? [url=http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/smith-and-ken-sk-warning-beware-of-the-latest-dubai-real-estate-scam-c728105.html'>link[/url'> You might have to contact RERA.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 17:16
Another mistake I believe we have made is for the tenant to write the rent cheque in S&K's name rather than our own. This would help avoid the risk of them withholding monies. Live and learn. A lesson that companies that have flash offices don't necessarily deliver...an utter sham. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone...
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 16:59
Is there an e-complaints system on the RERA website for such things, I have tried to browse but can't find anything??
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 16:57
Thank you, you are correct. We do not live in Dubai, went on vacation and have just noticed that the rent was not paid to us. Also, while on vacation they sent us an email saying our rent cheque had cleared into our account, which gave me some comfort to check when I was back. My husband has tried to call the Property Manager several times, she has now switched off her phone. It is causing us great stress. What kind of organization is this????
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 16:20
SW - you need to call RERA asap and get advice from them. If S&K had done this to me I would have been straight on the phone weeks ago, in this day and age it doesn't take 6 weeks to transfer money from one account to another. I found this which may or may not be of interest: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/smith-ken-real-estate-dubai-c353519.html?page=2 I really hope you get your rent and when/if you do find another agent asap (have a look at Cluttons I think they have a Management Dept). Good luck!
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 14:10
Can I lodge a complaint with RERA that S&K are a month and a half late with our rental payment. They have received the money from the tenant but have not passed on the funds to us...I think this is fraudulent....
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 14:09
Thank you for responding. Horizonmum - who is your agent in Better Homes?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:52
we've used Better Homes and they assign property managers by property location... they have managed our property in JLT for the past 8 years and we've been very happy with their services
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:42
We use Fine & Country and our Property Manager is Nick Robinson. He is very professional and knows what he is talking about. You can contact him at 0562543545
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:20
I'm afraid to say this happens a lot here in Dubai. I find the service in general appalling out here - real estate companies especially. It is clear that they are in breach of their contract especially if they are withholding the rent. My advice would be to go to their office in person and speak to the Manager face to face - its easy to fob someone off over the phone which happens a lot out here. Also it might be a good idea to call RERA and see if they can give you any advice. Sorry, I can't recommend a Management Co but have you ever considered doing it yourself?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:09
Is it fairly easy to switch property management companies? We have had nothing but heartache from them and shockingly bad service. It's like they just don't care. They are supposed to take aware the stress but really are the cause of it. They have no idea about regulations. Have completely misinformed us about the process for giving a tenant notice if one wants to sell. We are on our 4th property manager in 16 months, they just seem to have a revolving door and so much of staff turnover...nobody cares about the customer, never call back...I'm quite shocked by the poor service.... Does anyone know of a decent property management company??
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:02
well why use them? If they are in breach of contact can their a$$
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 13:02
I presume you mean Smith and Ken? If so, then yes they are utterly useless. There was a thread about them on here recently and hardly anyone had a good word to say about them (including me). My advice would be as soon as you get your cheque find another Management Company.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY