Nursery help | ExpatWoman.com

Nursery help

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 19:47

Hello

We are soon to be moving to Dubai from the UK within the next few weeks. All a bit sudden. We have a son who will be turning 3 in February 2015. Just wondering any recommendations for nurseries either Downtown or Marina area. We are unsure on exactly we will be residing but the 2 areas are where will be in the next few months.
Also is it best to send him to a nursery first or straight into school for FS1? Do I need to start applying for schools now and at what stage/ year group?

Any help advice is appreiated.

Thankyou x

Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 18:19
Thats brilliant Big Blue. Thankyou. I can feel at ease a little bit more now.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 10:21
You should first identify schools that interest you and then check with their registrars when you should apply and for which year; normally you should be looking at Sept 2015 entry but best to confirm. If you can't get a place at a school you like you can do FS1 and even FS2 at a nursery; the ones who can do that are usually called Early Learving Centers. I don't know if all have to be approved by the KHDA (the authority that regulates schools here) but it's best if they are as this should then make the transition to a school a bit easier. Unless you're super keen on one school don't worry about it too much, just in Septemner 2014 over 10 new schools opened in Dubai and there are a handful more scheduled to open in September 2015 so if you are flexible you will definately get a spot.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 17:41
Thankyou Mrssak. Much appreciated ? x
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 21:22
Hello We are soon to be moving to Dubai from the UK within the next few weeks. All a bit sudden. We have a son who will be turning 3 in February 2015. Just wondering any recommendations for nurseries either Downtown or Marina area. We are unsure on exactly we will be residing but the 2 areas are where will be in the next few months. Also is it best to send him to a nursery first or straight into school for FS1? Do I need to start applying for schools now and at what stage/ year group? Any help advice is appreiated. Thankyou x Hi there :) For next year Ull b applying for fs1 (must b of age 3 by first of sep 2015) IF I were u I'd def start applying to schools as some have already closed applications for fs1 2015 and it will b harder to find a place for fs2 U can check out the new schools like kings barsha or kings nad el Sheba or safa community or nord angila but japs or Jess or horizon or dess will b def closed for appications by now. As for nurseries u check out jins in dowtown Or others Tht r highly recommended: kids palace, homegrown, and childrens oasis In marina, u can go with toddler town in jbr or raffles in the marina Good luck with ur move :) <em>edited by mrssak on 28/10/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY