plants pots etc - is the garden souk really the best option? | ExpatWoman.com

plants pots etc - is the garden souk really the best option?

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 20:16

hi there - looking for some pots for my garden and indoors - is the garden souk really the best/cheapest option? any other options closer - but still cheaper than garden centre etc ?
<em>edited by mols on 28/10/2014</em>

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:30
I'm a big fan of the Warsan nurseries / plant souk as well! I have a black thumb and the guys who work there always make good recommendations and give good advice. Huge selection of pots and plants.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 16:03
Here is my opinion as an avid gardener, the plant souq has the largest choice of pots at a whole range of prices. Certainly your everyday posts are cheaper there and there is room to negotiate on price. The plants are cheaper and there is the widest choice, turnover is fast and quality good. When there you will see trucks who supply the other nurseries around Dubai. You can get to the plant souq really in about 30 to 40 mins from the furthest reaches of Dubai if the traffic is good. It is just past Dragon Mart and well worth a visit. Go early in the morning so you can have a good wander around and find what you like. The Dubai Garden centre has a pot sale on at the moment and their prices are also good.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 15:42
If you need the basic pots, you get good ones in Carrefour and Lulu at good price.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 09:38
I get all my pots from the Al Barari garden shop (it is on the right when you drive in before The Farm restuarant). The pots are cheap there and if you ask for a discount they will give you one.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 09:33
hi there - looking for some pots for my garden and indoors - is the garden souk really the best/cheapest option? any other options closer - but still cheaper than garden centre etc ? edited by mols on 28/10/2014 I got some nice pots from Home Centre, they weren't too pricey as there was a sale on
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 09:27
thanks - yes thats the one i meant - al warsan - so far was wondering if its really worth the journey. will try satwa first :) thank you!
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 02:40
Garden Souq at Al Warsan (Al Aweer) just beyond Dragon Mart/Int'nl City, plenty bargains to be had if you pick the right one and always much cheaper than Ace/Dubai Garden Centre etc depends if you can be bothered going there - but often we find ourselves with nothing to do and go there, yep that's Dubai for you, it's not Dobbies but needs must!
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 00:43
What do you mean by the Garden Souk? Haven't heard of that before! I've found Satwa to be quite cheap. The shops are down the first street on your right after the Iranian hospital.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY