What shud I do? | ExpatWoman.com

What shud I do?

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 21:35

Some idiot is parked in my parking space and it's been 48 hrs and he or she hasn't left yet
I left a note and I called security
Whts next?
Shud I call the police?

Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 22:04
Call the police, they should have the contact details / name of the car owner, that's the only way I'll prob call them tomorrow Do u know if he/she are gng to get into any trouble or fined? TBH who cares if they do or are, they are causing you a grave inconvenience, if this was me I'd be livid!
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 20:01
Thank u ladies for ur replies
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 07:46
This has happen to me twice because I own a flat with parking space but do not have a car. I don't even go down into the undeground parking area. But the space is part of my property and should not be occupied by someone else. The first time a car was abandoned in my space with luggage left in it. Security actually informed me the car had been there sometime. The police were called but they refused to move it. Eventually I had to got Jebel Ali police station with the head of security for my building - waited at least an hour in screened off women's area and made report to police - luckily the security man spoke Arabic! Had to pay for taxi there and back for me and securty man .Police then towed car away. Second time complained to security as saw car in my space and found out that car belonged to someone renting in the building - they were informed that the car must be moved by the concierge and it was. I made the point to security and management that all vehicles in the parking area should be identified with the owners and the flats they occupy. <em>edited by bingo12 on 29/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 22:45
I'll prob call them tomorrow Do u know if he/she are gng to get into any trouble or fined? No they don't get into trouble. They just get a call from the police telling them to move their car. They might get into trouble if they don't move and there are multiple complaints. Oh good thanks :)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 22:19
What have security suggested you should do? They said they will try to find the car owner but I doubt they will b able to do tht And I shud wait for another day and then call the police But I'm trying to find another solution :s
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 22:18
Call the police, they should have the contact details / name of the car owner, that's the only way I'll prob call them tomorrow Do u know if he/she are gng to get into any trouble or fined?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 22:07
What have security suggested you should do?
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 22:05
Call the police, they should have the contact details / name of the car owner, that's the only way
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 21:53
What a difficult situation for you as no one likes to upset their neighbours. Do you have somewhere else close by and safe to park? If not, do you know in which apt/villa the person is staying? If so, I would knock on the door and request they move the car. Perhaps they don't realise the car parks are assigned. If no, I think your last resort is the police who will quickly solve your problem. I live in Jlt 3 towers are connected by the garage I dnt know how it can b done, I think it wud b impossible to find him or he on my own
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 21:40
What a difficult situation for you as no one likes to upset their neighbours. Do you have somewhere else close by and safe to park? If not, do you know in which apt/villa the person is staying? If so, I would knock on the door and request they move the car. Perhaps they don't realise the car parks are assigned. If no, I think your last resort is the police who will quickly solve your problem.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY