relocating my dog to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

relocating my dog to Dubai

Latest post on 28 October 2014 - 23:20

Hello there ladies!

I am hoping to get some advice..I am considering relocating to Dubai, and my main concern is my dog, if he will be able to adapt to such a different way of life..
For instance I hear that Dubai is not very dog- friendly, and dogs are banned from most of public areas?
Where would you recommend to walk them, are there any parks or beaches, like back here in the UK?
Also what about temperatures, I know in summer can get really hot, how would you exercise them, probably in the evening?
I am just a bit concern, as here in the UK , you know there are many parks and plenty of freedom to walk them pretty much everywhere, and I wouldn't want to always have to keep him indoors!
Am I worrying to much!??

Thank you so much for any advice!!

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:13
Thank you so much all of you ladies for your suggestions, I have a clearer picture now, I hope it will work fine for us.. Thanks again !!!!
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:51
Dubai is a lot more dog friendly than I think you have been led to believe. Many many people have dogs, I would just make sure you plan to live in a villa not an apartment. MollyMooMoo has made some great area suggestions
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 09:53
It's not all doom and gloom for dogs out here. It depends where you live - the Springs / lakes / jumeirah islands / Arabian Ranches all have good places to walk dogs. You are correct dogs are not allowed on the beaches but some people still walk them early to avoid being caught. Lots of people go to Jebel Ali to walk their dogs there too. At the w/end we take our dogs out into the desert (now it's cooler) and give them a good run around there. Yes it gets very, very hot during the summer so we limit dog walks to once a day and only either in the morning or late evening. Join Dubai Dog Beach Campaign on FB - people always share new dog walks on there.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 05:44
The only advice I can give is that you do what is best for your dog. Yes it is different having a dog in DXB as opposed to the UK and will be an adjustment for both you and the pooch, can it work, yes. The most important issue is that it costs a lot to bring pets out and you get to do it all over again when you leave...... I have done both ,bringing my animals with me and at times leaving them at home.When I have left them at home I really missed the companionship so became a foster mom which did help fill the gap. All the best with your decision. <em>edited by Nomad on 29/10/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY