Housing Fee charge in Dewa bill | ExpatWoman.com

Housing Fee charge in Dewa bill

Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:12

We have a charge of 363AED on top of our electricity & water charge in our Dewa bill. Does anyone know what this housing fee is & is it right that, we as tenants, are charged this fee?
Thanks.

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 01:24
Thank you everyone, for your responses. Where we come from, the tenants do not pay council rates...water supply...park fee...etc....it is the owner who pays.... As everyone is charged likewise here, will accept it is a 'tax' that everyone must pay.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 22:20
I think everyone pays it now regardless of where we live Yes, all expats should always have been paying it, regardless of where they live and the nationality of their LL. There are various myths about the housing fee, such as it only applies in freehold developments or you don't have to pay it if your LL is an Emirati, but they're just that - myths. All expats should be paying it, although some are lucky to slip through the net for reasons unknown.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 14:08
We live on the Marina side and all tenants pay housing fee, think of it like a tax. I think everyone pays it now regardless of where we live Lots of people got away with it for years however 3 years ago when I went to register my DEWA I left the rent cost part blank and the lady asked me how much it was They did say that they would charge everyone eventually We've been paying since we first stepped foot on Dubai soil. Unlucky, I guess. I only got away with it for 2 years out of 8
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 13:24
We live on the Marina side and all tenants pay housing fee, think of it like a tax. I think everyone pays it now regardless of where we live Lots of people got away with it for years however 3 years ago when I went to register my DEWA I left the rent cost part blank and the lady asked me how much it was They did say that they would charge everyone eventually We've been paying since we first stepped foot on Dubai soil. Unlucky, I guess.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 13:20
We live on the Marina side and all tenants pay housing fee, think of it like a tax. I think everyone pays it now regardless of where we live Lots of people got away with it for years however 3 years ago when I went to register my DEWA I left the rent cost part blank and the lady asked me how much it was They did say that they would charge everyone eventually
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 12:04
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary. Huh? What it got to do with them? I understand that those on visas not issued by MoL, all have to do this :) Not true at all When i worked in a bank - not on MoL visas - we also had to do this :) i also mean not on Free zone visa.... edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 29/10/2014 I have come across this and it is a select company thing :-)
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 12:03
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary. Huh? What it got to do with them? I understand that those on visas not issued by MoL, all have to do this :) Not true at all When i worked in a bank - not on MoL visas - we also had to do this :) i also mean not on Free zone visa.... <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 29/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:53
We have a charge of 363AED on top of our electricity & water charge in our Dewa bill. Does anyone know what this housing fee is & is it right that, we as tenants, are charged this fee? Thanks. it should be 5% of your annual rent divided by 12 We all pay it :-(
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:53
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary. Huh? What it got to do with them? I understand that those on visas not issued by MoL, all have to do this :) Not true at all
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:41
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary. Huh? What it got to do with them? I understand that those on visas not issued by MoL, all have to do this :)
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:30
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary. Huh? What it got to do with them?
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:29
In my company we have to provide proof of paying teh housing fee; otherwise we get an annual charge out of our salary.
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:29
It is the UAE version of council tax
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 11:14
Yes all tennants are charged this. It's a % of your annual rent

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY