Selling Car / Registration | ExpatWoman.com

Selling Car / Registration

Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 22:15
Not trying to be funny, but these questions should really be directed to the RTA. It's probably unlikely that anybody here has tried to sell a car with lapsed insurance and registration, and even if they have, there's always the possibility that the rules and/or procedures have changed since they did it. Be prepared for them to tell you that you will have to re-register it in your own name before being able to transfer the registration, the bureaucracy here is often inflexible like that. The car will have to be physically taken to a Tasjeel site for its inspection. If you want to drive it there you'll have to insure it, otherwise it will have to be transported on the back of a recovery truck. There will certainly be a fine for the lapsed registration. According to the RTA site it's calculated monthly, but of course that may be out of date now. <em>edited by Madge_Gustard on 29/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 20:44
Hi Ok quick question looking to sell one of our cars. Have been out the country and the insurance and registration has lapsed in this time (not been driven). We are moving and need to sell it - was going to actually sell it anyway before we decided to move as don't use this car. (20k since purchase in 2011). So just wondered what the process of selling the car would be, without insurance and car registration? If the buyer will need new insurance and will need to register the car in his/her name - just wondering what I should do? I can purchase the car insurance not an issue - but not sure if will need this to do a transfer or not, as the new buyer will need insurance upon completing the testing at the RTA centre when registering under the new buyers name. Also not sure if there will be a small fine for the registration running out? Anyone can help point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY