Best stroller / push chair | ExpatWoman.com

Best stroller / push chair

Latest post on 29 October 2014 - 23:32

Hi
Can anyone recommend the ideal push chair or stroller for a new born that's easy to use in Dubai and also to travel with.
I've looked on old threads and they are from a few years ago.
Have got my eye on a stokke xplory or bugaboo bee but they are selling at 5000 dhs plus !!!
Is this the expected price to pay for a good stroller.
Please advice !!!

Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 15:20
Well at least you're all sorted now :) I just had my mum haul everything out for me. Her and her hubby came for when she was born with a 4 piece luggage allowance, 3 of them for me...hehe, she can't say no for her granddaughter! Good luck with the birth :)
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 11:27
ended up with maxi cosi pebble with 2 way base so can change to the pearl when bigger. We got here as when bought the buggy got 25% voucher with just kidding to spend online so worked out well. not going back to the uk before birth so just not an option for us :0(
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 08:44
I don't think you can GG, but if at all possible get it in the UK that should help with cost. I got the Cybex Aton from M&P (because I wanted fuscia pink!) and I got it in the sale last Christmas as they were changing colour scheme in the new year, I can't remember the exact cost but it was basically half the price of here...!! Pretty sure it's 999 here and they never have sales one these things. You can clip it into any pram using Maxi Cosi adapters (it uses the same attachment) . The other popular ones are the Pebble or the Cabriofix not much different in price between the two but the Pebble is a bit bigger so should last you a bit longer, but marginally and by the time baby is that big you will want a rotating or front facing one as it will be a faff to get them in and out when it's clipped in the base, and lifting in and out they are too heavy by then, lol.
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 10:04
ah thanks for those hun I'm gonna sort car seat this week so thats really helpful. do you know if u can get the rotating ones that clip in and out too? after considering thinking were gonna go with one that can be put on the buggy frame as well. just have to park miles away with the car to make it work lol!
Latest post on 03 November 2014 - 10:13
There are two rotating ones which provide extended rearfacing GG, the Cybex Sirona and a Britax one. I am planning to check them out when I am back in the UK at Christmas (cheaper, of course! and better colour selection there) so can report back then if you haven't bought by then. The Maxi Cosi Axis is nice too but only has forward facing and given how horrendous the roads are here, I want her in the saftest position as long as possible, which is rearfacing! We don't take the car seat out much now so it stays clipped in the base and it is nightmare getting her in and out of it, its just a realy awkward position, and holding a baby holding the seat straps up always leads to discomfort and crying!! Haha my hubby has an A5 and we never go out in his car, always have to take my 'big truck' as hubby calls it (Explorer!) x
Latest post on 03 November 2014 - 09:49
uppababy vista was the alternative we looked at, very good value for money and you get the basinet included free as well as standard, think that comes in about 4-4.5k. my friends got one and loves it. I'd def check that out too as you have the basinet included. to be honest there was actually so little between the buffalo we chose and the uppababy, just the deal we got we decided to get the buffalo as was the one we wanted and looks slightly slicker than the uppababy and my hubs is a sucker for fancy branding!! If anything uppababy is better if you plan on a second as u can add a sibling seat. I'd really go to Just Kidding they were so helpful when we went. hear what your saying on the car seat, I agree, just hubs was put off by the, you need this one for 18 months, then this one for so long, then this one after!! he was sold on buying just the one seat that covered 0-4yrs even tho I pointed out its gonna be horrendous waking a sleeping baby!! we need to sort our car situation out before we buy anyway as the audi A5 3 door is not baby friendly at all!! I'm gonna look at that cybex tho sounds exactly what we need & they're out of the maxi cosi we wanted anyway. xx
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 09:56
There are times you really won't want to get your baby out of the car seat if you are just popping in somewhere like the Drs or if they are very colicky and you just want them to sleep so you can get something done (me most of the time!!), and you can't just 'nip into Spinneys' for something you've forgotten anymore, baby has to come out etc. etc and if you can just grab the whole car seat and clip it in the frame it makes it much easier. If you are out longer they are going to need feeding anyway, for my little girl we just got her out for a bit and sat in a restaurant, fed her etc to break up the time spend in a car seat. At 6 months, there are still times I just want to leave her in her car seat, much much easier. It's also very difficult to get a tiny baby in and out of a rearfacing car seat while it is in the car unless you buy a rotating one suitable from birth (Cybex Sirona is I think). The Bee is handy as I just leave both the pram seat and the adapters in the boot so I always have them, then when I get out of the car depending on whether I want her in the car seat or the pram seat I can attach whichever. I have the Bee plus so it didn't have a bassinet option at the time, only the new Bee 3 does, but it will fit the Bee plus as well. I felt like although the Bee does lie flat the sides arent very high so was worried she would roll out (jus't couldn't put straps on such a tiny baby) and could have done with some more soft padding. We had the cocoon but it was too hot in the summer (she was born in April) to have the top bit on to keep her snuggly and secure. If I had another summer baby, I would have the bassinet, for a winter baby, probably not as they will be secure in the cocoon. The bassinets don't last long at all. I have couple of friends who bought the Stokke and they hate it now, but can't justify getting rid as they spent so much on it. It's bulky and heavy (according to them). The other one a lot of my friends bought that got rave reviews is the Uppababy vista. Robust like the Bugaboo but not as heavy and bulky as some of the Bugaboo frames, Chameleon is lovely, but is quite wide and can be a nightmare in shops here. I love the Bee as it is dinky and can turn easily, can squeeze in crowded restaurants, and shes comfy and can face me for longer than if I had switched her straight to a Maclaren. <em>edited by BellaUK on 02/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 13:20
Thank you ladies . As usual you have made things much easier for me :) The bee 3 it is !! I'm trying to get it down from the UK as they have the newer version . Just one question for users of the bee, do I need the bassinet ? It costs 200 pounds and so I don't wanna buy it if the baby can just use the fully reclining seat. However is the bassinet is safer / more comfortable for the babies then will go for it. Your thoughts please and thanks so much again :)
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 09:57
you're not actually supposed to have a newborn in a car seat for more than 2 hours so we aren't even getting the type that fit the buggy frame. based on the fact can take forever to get to some places here, then say walking round a mall with them in it the time can add up. we've got a bugaboo buffalo but the bee looks good and the mamas and papas ones get really good write ups on which. I'm vain and went for looks! I just decided not to go mad buying too much other stuff so could have pram i wanted. check just kidding as their fb pages says 25% off selected buggys at the mo so u might get the one u want. just be warned with stokke, you need the basinet for the first 6 months as doesn't lie flat so it does add up, is what put me off them a bit as originally thats the one I wanted. the basinet alone is 1700dhs! plus 5k for the buggy!
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 15:35
i have a Bee 3 (third and last child) and I am happy with it. I do use it as a travel system - but my 3 month old prefers to just be in the pram with the seat reclined.... There are a few on Dubizzle - which will be the older Bee Plus (the 3 only came out in Dubai about 2 weeks ago). You can upgrade by buying the new hood which fits (it is bigger which was really important for me). I had a Maclaren Techno XT for my second child. In some ways I preferred my Maclaren to my new Bee - but it doesn't take the capsule (my kids are many years apart so I had to buy everything again). If the Maclarens could take a capsule they would be my favourite choice and they are good value. But if you didn't need it to take the capsule I would not hesitate buying a Maclaren again.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 11:02
Hi Can anyone recommend the ideal push chair or stroller for a new born that's easy to use in Dubai and also to travel with. I've looked on old threads and they are from a few years ago. Have got my eye on a stokke xplory or bugaboo bee but they are selling at 5000 dhs plus !!! Is this the expected price to pay for a good stroller. Please advice !!! 2 of my friends have the Stokke and seem happy with it
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 10:58
I would say that no pram is perfect for everything! My little girl is 6 months and I have just bought number 3! I have the M&P Sola, which lays flat and is well padded so I didn't need or use a separate bassinet when she was tiny. It's big and robust for walking on the streets here so I used that when she was small, as it also had the adapters for the car seat and still use it when I am walking around the compound. I go this super cheap on sale in the UK, so that was part of the reason I bought it. I bought the Bee for when we travelled and also in and out of the car a lot of the time as it is much lighter than the Sola, as it also laid flat so could be used straight away and could also be used with car seat adapters. Lovely pram and I love it, we use it a lot now she is bigger as well. Very lightweight, comft, gnice small turning circle for tight spaces like lifts etc. Was a bit expensive but worth money, (I bought one 2nd hand which was 5 months old and perfect for 2100, they were 3000 new here) I have just bought a Maclaren Globetrotter for when we are in the UK as the car boots are so small and as an alternative travel stroller as I don't want my Bee ruining, reclines, lightweight and my little girl is comfy in it. I got a really good deal 2nd hand from a friend who had only used it a few times. Most of my friends all bought travel systems and as soon as baby turned 6 months have dispensed with them in favour of a Maclaren style so I wouldnt pay a lot on a travel system, unless something like a Bee which isnt cumbersome as you'll get tired of it quickly. This is why I only use my Sola for walks now. Happy shopping :) edited by BellaUK on 30/10/2014 <em>edited by BellaUK on 02/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 09:17
Hi.. Our baby is due soon, so we got Chicco's Infant Car Seat (KeyFit30) along with its Caddy Fit Carrier. As per reviews & market surveys available on the Internet, this brand has been rated the best FY 2014 in terms of infant safety & comfort features. The car seat can be used until baby is 30lbs and so we got a carrier instead of the stroller, as it's less bulky, extremely light weight, one hand operation and esp easy to handle for frequent travellers. Once baby outgrows the infant seat limit, then we'll go for a convertible car seat with a nice stroller or prolly a travel system. But for now, at this stage of infancy, we thought going for a carrier instead made more sense.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY