Meningococcal Vaccination | ExpatWoman.com

Meningococcal Vaccination

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 09:31

Hi mums,

I'm new here in this forum :) Am currently in Malaysia, I'll be moving to Dubai next year June, to join my hubby who is already working there now. and i'll be bringing my DD who will be 30months by then, and my newborn should be around 2 mths that time.

The thing is, my paed has adviced me to vaccinate my eldest with Meningococcal vaccination, when i told her that we will be moving to Dubai soon. In Malaysia, this is not a usual vaccine that we will take.

Hence my question is, to all expat mums, did you all vaccinate your children before moving to Dubai? I am still in doubt whether to proceed with this vaccine or not.

Appreciate your input on this.

Thanks.

Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 10:06
Hi all, Thanks for your reply. I'll get it here then before heading over. Thanks again.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:23
It is optional. It is not directly covered by insurance but can be claimed back, which we did. We had this vaccination at the beginning of this school year and no side effects
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 10:13
Hi there, I don't believe it's on the mandatory list but it's recommended. We had it done at 24 months and it is supposed to provide lifetime protection against a relatively rare but very serious disease so I felt it was worth doing. We had no side effects.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY