want to lose weight quickly | ExpatWoman.com

want to lose weight quickly

Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:33

Hi All,

I have recently come to Dubai and wanting to lose weight really quickly, I'm from the UK. I am 5ft and weigh 10 stones. I had a baby boy 5 months ago via c section. I really do want to get that beach body real quick as I have a family wedding in Summer in the UK next year.
I do eat healthily, I have cereal in the morning, then afternoon just water then I head off to the gym 3/4 times a week purely doing cardio for a total of 30/60 mins. Not sure whether I will lose this quickly as I said before I've had a baby.

Could really do with some advice urgently.

Thanks for reading and also look forward to your comments. :-)
<em>edited by Nemesia31 on 30/10/2014</em>

Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 13:59
Thanks all. Will try out what you have all suggested. Just worried about overdoing it at the gym as I said I had a c section 5 months ago. Really do appreciate your advice. :-) Hi Nemesia With a c-section 5 months ago the deeper layers of your abdominal muscles will still be healing so I would be very careful about doing any strenuous core/ab routines without guidance from someone with experience working with women after c-sections. There is still plenty else you can do, cardio etc but just be careful with that particular area. If you do the wrong thing you could do more harm than good. There is also plenty you can do for that area, just make sure you get proper advice first. Good advice from wickedangel about diet.
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 13:46
Going to the gym will tone but not help that much with losing weight, just look at the amount you have to run to burn off the calories from one chocolate bar (for example). Losing weight is about consuming less calories (but not too much less), I've always found weight watchers to be really good, it recalibrates your calorie eating but just beware you can still do this without a balanced diet and its about getting a good healthy eating balance which is easy to maintain in the long run. (Atkens isn't a sustainable balanced diet it my view either).
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 12:53
Thanks MissS2510, where are you from? I'm currently in Deira and moving to Downtown Dubai in 3 weeks time. x
Latest post on 01 November 2014 - 09:18
Hi Nemesia. Congratulations on the birth of your wee one :) I have always wanted to lose weight quickly but always found that it went back on just as quick. I have a fantastic trainer called Ashleigh - 052 2992539 who has helped me with my weight and also my nutrition. I have been out of training for 2 weeks post op and have still be able to shred the weight as my nutrition is up to scratch. Give her a ring, she will be able to guide you - even if it's only for nutrition as she covers that too.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 16:28
Thanks all. Will try out what you have all suggested. Just worried about overdoing it at the gym as I said I had a c section 5 months ago. Really do appreciate your advice. :-)
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 16:24
Agree with previous posts - the fact is if you want to lose weight you have to start eating. Starving your body will go against everything you want to achieve. Low carbs, high protein, try and keep your fruits to low in sugar and substitute your carbs with wholegrain options, i.e. wholegrain bread, pasta, wraps, brown rice etc. Dont eat processed cereals, substitute with porridge (add a little honey if you find that helps the taste), alternatively eggs (poached, boiled) or make an omlette and throw all your veggies in with it :) Try and work out 3-4 times a week doing a mixture of cardio and weight training - ask the PT's at the gym if you are unsure on how to use anything they will be happy to assist I am sure :) Oh and also - cut out the alcohol ;) I trained and ate a balanced diet and stopped the alcohol for 6 weeks back in July for my sisters wedding and lost 17lb! The dress was tight fitting ha! It can be done... good luck :)
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 16:09
Don't eat cereals, it's carbs. Agree with pp low carb high protein diet will help you lose weight, add loads of raw veggies to your diet, drink warm lemon or ginger with tiny bit of raw honey in the morning to help your body detox, drink 1-2 cups of green tea between meals, include some healthy fats like avocado & raw nuts in your diet, almonds are good for losing weight they're high in protein & low in fats. I don't count calories. Before going to the gym eat a banana you need fuel to burn fats, & eat a protein 30 mins after exercising to feed your muscles, use coconut oil in your cooking it also helps in losing weight. I eat all day, I snack on raw veggies, low GI fruits (2 pieces per day), & raw nuts (soak the nuts before eating them) If you don't eat well your body will go I to starving mode & will hold on the fats & extra weight
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 15:51
Starving your body will not help at all. You need to eat 5 small meals a day and continue with cardio/weights at the gym. I put on around a stone in weight which I couldn't shift :-( I used the new Atkins as I do like meat and managed to shift a stone in 3 weeks. It is the new version not the old one. Foods rich in protein and low carbs will help but bear in mind the first few pounds are water only. If you want to track your calories Iphone has My fitness pal which is an excellent way to track your progress. Body for life is another good one to follow. Do not rely on starvation diets as they don't work at all. Good Luck Agreed! Don't skip your meals or starve yourself. What worked for me was shrinking the amounts I ate per meal, eating more often and doing 1/3 meat (I looooove meat) and 2/3 vegetables & fruit (just try not to eat too much fruit before sleeping as they contain high amounts of sugar). But you MUST exercise, even if it is going for a brisk walk every morning for an hour. Do your best not to wait until you're hungry as you will end up overeating. Try drinking warm grean tea with lemon (no sugar) after dinner/before you sleep and drink at least one glass of water when you wake up or about 30min before you eat anything. Those were some of the things that made the lb's drop for me and I hope they work for you too.
Latest post on 30 October 2014 - 14:37
Hi All, I have recently come to Dubai and wanting to lose weight really quickly, I'm from the UK. I am 5ft and weigh 10 stones. I had a baby boy 5 months ago via c section. I really do want to get that beach body real quick as I have a family wedding in Summer in the UK next year. I do eat healthily, I have cereal in the morning, then afternoon just water then I head off to the gym 3/4 times a week purely doing cardio for a total of 30/60 mins. Not sure whether I will lose this quickly as I said before I've had a baby. Could really do with some advice urgently. Thanks for reading and also look forward to your comments. :-) edited by Nemesia31 on 30/10/2014 Starving your body will not help at all. You need to eat 5 small meals a day and continue with cardio/weights at the gym. I put on around a stone in weight which I couldn't shift :-( I used the new Atkins as I do like meat and managed to shift a stone in 3 weeks. It is the new version not the old one. Foods rich in protein and low carbs will help but bear in mind the first few pounds are water only. If you want to track your calories Iphone has My fitness pal which is an excellent way to track your progress. Body for life is another good one to follow. Do not rely on starvation diets as they don't work at all. Good Luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY