Gold Souq vs. Gold & Diamond Park | ExpatWoman.com

Gold Souq vs. Gold & Diamond Park

Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 21:13
It really depends on what you are looking for. Gold Souk has traditional gold shops with intricate designs influenced by Asian and Arab artisans, you can haggle and shop around to get varied price points, they are the only place authorised to accept gold and in return for cash, and they make unique one of a kind jewellery that can only be found in that souk. They have something for everyone, from 18-24 carat gold, heavy to intricate designs, Damas diamond-only outlets, etc. Parking and taxis are a nightmare. GDP has very modern stock, mostly platinum, white gold and diamond, and 18 carat yellow gold. They have a huge store of loose diamonds to suit every kind of customer, and can find a stone to fit any budget. If its diamonds you are after they have a great collection. <em>edited by Redrec Tangle on 31/10/2014</em>
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 12:29
Great - thanks ladies.... looks like G&DP it is!! :)
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 12:26
I've found it better at the Gold & Diamond Park. I have bought a few pieces from Cara and always been happy with the price and quality, as have others I have referred there. The guy who owns Cara actually owns a few of the shops in GDP, so worth asking them about their other stores too and then checking out the competitors. I agree. The owners of Cara also own Calash, Clara and (I think ) Cleo, which are all close together. If you're thinking of going today the G&DP doesn't open until 4pm.
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 12:19
I've found it better at the Gold & Diamond Park. I have bought a few pieces from Cara and always been happy with the price and quality, as have others I have referred there. The guy who owns Cara actually owns a few of the shops in GDP, so worth asking them about their other stores too and then checking out the competitors.
Latest post on 31 October 2014 - 11:58
So where's best for choice and quality? I'm on the lookout for something new and shiny, probably a ring, but not sure where to start. I know the hustle and bustle of the Gold Souq is a little annoying, but is it worth the trip, or is the Gold & Diamond park just as good?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY