Schools near ain khalid | ExpatWoman.com

Schools near ain khalid

Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 21:24
Hi Jerez, My husband joined QA a couple of months back, and he was only provided temporary housing, until we find somewhere on our own. I don't know if it will be any different for you, but so far we are waiting to hear back from schools, and then decide where we want to live based on where the kids get in. I would recommend that you immediately start school hunting, because in my experience that is the toughest part. Don't know how old your kids are, but there are still a few schools that are considering applications for certain grades. Hope this helps! :) Best of luck with the move!
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 19:03
Hey jerez, N Once ur hubby comes to doha he has to get his residence visa within two weeks or so n then he can apply for your n kids which takes abt same time or more as in my case. Hubby joined in sept 2014 n i got my visa in jan 2015 but that was due to some visa ban on africa. Regarding housing the company provides housing but in some cases when not available you are told in advance. In our case we got company house in ain Khalid gate. House size depends on how many u r. We have two kids so we got a three bedroom house. They vl let you know in advance wether you got accomodation or not. As for schools its really hard to get admission. Most schools close admissions by end jan. Hope this helps. Regards and hope to see you soon
Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 19:20
Hi guys, We are hoping to get over in the next couple of months, hubby has just passed hs assesment with QA. Sorry to hijack the thread, but you seem you may be able to answer my questions, as my hubby does seem to want to find out any info for me! How long did you wait for things to fall into place and get over with Visa's etc, I have 2 children, I am waiting to hear if we get company housing, and I want to get a jump on the school applications, but cant do anything till we know about housing. I have gone ahead and applied to soe schools with pot luck after reading a few hreads and reviews. But I am feeling a little frustrated at not knowing, when or where! Thanks in advance if you can help at all
Latest post on 11 January 2015 - 10:17
Hi eyes_onlyy I am sorry to hear that. Hope things move smoothly for you now. Eldertree will re-open on 4 Jan after the winter holidays. Will your son be joining then? Do you know which class he will be in? Hey, I arrived here on 2nd....trying to get settled. My son joined eldertree...hes in KG1....wat abt ur son? Let meet up. I live on khawla street bldg 1....my email is [email protected]. Is there a way we can change the apartment? The one we live in currently is on groung floor and its so dark its depressing...n my 2yr old dosent like it either?? <em>edited by eyes_onlyy on 11/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 December 2014 - 12:28
Hi eyes_onlyy I am sorry to hear that. Hope things move smoothly for you now. Eldertree will re-open on 4 Jan after the winter holidays. Will your son be joining then? Do you know which class he will be in?
Latest post on 25 December 2014 - 23:41
Hi eyes_onlyy Hope the move goes well. See you in December :) Hi aja, couldnt make it in dec as there was a ban plus some confusion with the immigration. Vl be there on 2nd jan
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 19:54
Hi eyes_onlyy Hope the move goes well. See you in December :)
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 19:41
Hi eyes_only My 4 year old son attends the Eldretree Kindergarten in Ain Khaled Gate. He started in September and absolutely loves it there. Hope this helps :-). All the best. Hi AJA Thanks for the reply, hoping my son will like it there too. Hoping to be there in dec. will be seeing u soon:biggrin:
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 18:34
HI A3,We have been on AKG for 4+ years now. The nearest British schools are Doha British school and Park house. Both good enough schools, but as you will be aware the problem is getting into them. I think most people on AKG currently use DBS as their first choice, on location. The school rush is a nightmare on the roads, so you do really want to be as close as possible. There are children going to Sherbourne, DESS and Doha college, which are further away. We have been very happy with AKG. For one, it is company accommodation, so all bills etc are included, so we do not have to pay out on accommodation in addition to housing allowance, and we are currently protected from rent rises, which are a real problem in Doha. My hubby's company, which is a v large employer in Doha is taking a stand against rent rises by freezing the housing allowance, so that is potentially as issue for us, if we moved out. The compound is very large, which certainly won't suit everyone. We have a flat - again, some may feel they need a house. It depends which type of flat you have been allocated, there is often chance to change, if you are not happy. There are great leisure facilities, pools, gym, and spa, shop, launderette, restaurant and Costa. If you paid for these in the UK, it would cost a fortune. We use them a lot, so it is worth it for us. It is very family based, so if you don't have family, you may find the kids, and potential for noise annoying. We have never however had a noise problem. There is an active social programme from the residents. The maintenance is good. Our kids used to go to the nursery on compound. Daughter loved it, son less so! I think AKG is a great place to start, make some friends, have support, get your feed, and then decide what you want in the longer term, if you are here for the duration. Villagio, and Megamart are near by, both much easier to get to than they used to be. The drawbacks for us……long way to the airport, we don't have a villa, but we choose not to pay towards accommodation, so that's our fault. We don't like being out in the Doha traffic(its crazy!), so we rarely make it over to the West Bay hotels, restaurants - which is a pity, as there are some great places to enjoy, but after coming back in the night traffic, our nerves are so shattered that we have forgotten what we went out to enjoy!! Hope that helps!
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 15:08
Hi eyes_only My 4 year old son attends the Eldretree Kindergarten in Ain Khaled Gate. He started in September and absolutely loves it there. Hope this helps :-). All the best.
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 12:42
Hi, I will soon be moving to Doha. We got an apartment at Ian Khalid gate. My elder son who is 3 years got admission in elder tree nursery. Could anyone tell me how the school is and are there any other good schools around the area? Please help
Latest post on 07 November 2014 - 20:12
Parkhouse English School is also very close to you and has an excellent reputation. Like DBS it can be difficult to get places but it's one to apply to as well. I think most of the "good" schools that are located in Doha are pretty tight but I've heard that there are places in outer areas if you are prepared to drive or at schools that have just opened and might not be your first choice. Newton certainly has a bad reputation (no idea if it is deserved or not) and other small schools are yet to be tested and may have limited facilities. Good luck with your search.
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 02:19
sorry i meant "woring for qatar"
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 01:48
hi thankyou for your reply. is your hubby worry for qatar airline too?are you liking it so far?where did u come from? sorry bombared you with all these questions.would be nice to know someone from the AKG compound before i get there with kids.do you have children? i was looking at doha college and it seems quite nice.is it far from AKG
Latest post on 06 November 2014 - 01:43
Hi @A3 I used to live in AKG (we lived there for almost 4 years) and we enjoyed a lot our time there. Great sense of community and you have all the facilities just inside the compound. You even have an Al Rayyan laundry store (the one that does QR uniforms) so it is very convenient! About schools, Doha British School is the closest one but it is really difficult to find a place so I would suggest you should begin the process right now! It is better to go in person and keep going...perseverance is the key word here! I don't suggest any other school because traffic is really difficult here.... Hiya We have been given an apartment in ain khalid.can anyone please let me about the closest and good British schools near ain khalid and is ain khalid a good compound ? Thankyou
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 08:37
Hi @A3 I used to live in AKG (we lived there for almost 4 years) and we enjoyed a lot our time there. Great sense of community and you have all the facilities just inside the compound. You even have an Al Rayyan laundry store (the one that does QR uniforms) so it is very convenient! About schools, Doha British School is the closest one but it is really difficult to find a place so I would suggest you should begin the process right now! It is better to go in person and keep going...perseverance is the key word here! I don't suggest any other school because traffic is really difficult here.... Hiya We have been given an apartment in ain khalid.can anyone please let me about the closest and good British schools near ain khalid and is ain khalid a good compound ? Thankyou
Latest post on 03 November 2014 - 22:50
hi, I live in AKG have just moved this September, it is an excellent compound. Sply for kids. As for school Doha British School is the closest. I would not recommend Newton. [b'>[/b'>Hiya We have been given an apartment in ain khalid.can anyone please let me about the closest and good British schools near ain khalid and is ain khalid a good compound ? Thankyou
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 17:43
Hi A3, There is also a really great school called Sherborne, as in Sherborne school in the UK. I think that one is an all boy school (the one in the UK), but the one in Doha is co-ed. My kids go there and they are very happy. It might be a bit far from the compound you mentioned, but it is definitely worth the drive. I would NOT recommend Newton! I know several people whose kids go there and they are not happy at all. All the best. This could be very overwhelming, but once everyone settles in, this is a good place to live in (bad driving aside :) )
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 16:29
Thankyou so much for your helpful reply and yes I was talking about ain khalid gate compund.my husbands is already there and me and my kids will be joining him as soon as kids get in the schools.i have a 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter.really struggling woth which schools to apply in. I would prefer them both going to the same schools.at the moment they go the am independent school in London ,which means that I will need to give them a terms notice too. Everything seems very confusing as I have never even visited doha and not sure what to expect.kids education is the biggest concern and wouldn't mind relocating if kids am get into one of the best schools which I know isn't easy. What area to live in would you recommend and the schools.....
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 16:17
Hi I assume you are referring to the Ain Khaled Gate compound? Although I live in Ain Khaled, I don't live in AKG and therefore don't personally know much about it. I have only heard good things about it. The Ain Khaled branch of Doha British School is very close to AKG. There is Newton British School in Al Waab which is also pretty close by. Then there is the Al Aziziyah branch of Loydence Academy which is about 10 minutes away. Doha College (Al Waab) is within a reasonable distance too. These are all good British Curriculum schools, however, I do not know about availability of places. I can personally recommend Loydence Academy because my daughter attends the school and we are very happy with it. Finally, there is Eldertree Kindergarten within AKG which is a very good nursery. My son joined them in September and absolutely loves it there. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 13:40
Hiya We have been given an apartment in ain khalid.can anyone please let me about the closest and good British schools near ain khalid and is ain khalid a good compound ? Thankyou