Asian (Korean) Skin Care/Beauty Products? | ExpatWoman.com

Asian (Korean) Skin Care/Beauty Products?

Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 18:18

Hello Ladies!
I recently moved to Dubai and I'm looking for stores/online shops to purchase asian (korean) skin care products. Could you recommend any?
I know there is The FaceShop store in Festival City Mall.
Are asian skin care products even popular in UAE?
Thank you!

Latest post on 20 September 2015 - 18:09
Does anyone know where I can get Skin Food from? I've heard good things about their serums, any experience? There was a shop in Lamcy but its closed now I think. [url=http://www.thebbcreamgirl.com'>The BB Cream Girl[/url'> store doesnt have them either :,( I am sure I have seen a Skin Food store at Al Ghurair Centre I get Skinfood on strawberrynet.com or w2beauty.com. w2beauty is cheaper unless strawberrynet has a special offer!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 13:07
Has anyone used products from the Face Shop? it's also Korean skincare and I really love it. Just got 2 products but so far very pleased with it. What other brands available here can you recommend?
Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 12:48
Does anyone know where I can get Skin Food from? I've heard good things about their serums, any experience? There was a shop in Lamcy but its closed now I think. [url=http://www.thebbcreamgirl.com'>The BB Cream Girl[/url'> store doesnt have them either :,( I am sure I have seen a Skin Food store at Al Ghurair Centre
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 11:02
Does anyone know where I can get Skin Food from? I've heard good things about their serums, any experience? There was a shop in Lamcy but its closed now I think. [url=http://www.thebbcreamgirl.com'>The BB Cream Girl[/url'> store doesnt have them either :,(
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 13:04
I'm looking for Tonymoly but had no luck :| I didnt have a good experience with eBay sellers, including some of the ones Flame92 mentioned. Theres a lot of fake products from China being sold on eBay, even if the seller says they are from Korea! Flames92 didnt you like the Nature Republic aloe gel? Ive heard so much about it, was thinking of getting it.. I still use the BB Cream Girl website in UAE for Korean BB creams etc, but shes still adding more brands so hopefully Tonymoly is coming soon. Right now theres Missha, Etude, Skin79, Innisfree and Milky Dress. Website: [url=www.thebbcreamgirl.com'>www.thebbcreamgirl.com[/url'> <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 23/02/2015</em>
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 November 2014 - 14:49
I buy mine on eBay and it comes here in less than 2 weeks. So far, I have had zero issues and all my products are authentic. I pay a little bit more but get it from the popular sellers like bringbringshop, cosmetic love and beautynetkorea. Which brands do you buy? I would love to be able to buy Sulwhasou online and have it shipped at a reasonable price. I am new to the world of Asian products but so far I have tried the following products: 1) Cure Aqua Gel: I bought it for around $36 and it has become my holy grail product. My skin has gotten so much better since using it. It's brighter, smoother and my products seem to sink in a lot faster. 2) Benton: I tried their essence and steam cream. The essence didn't do much but the steam cream worked brilliantly on my skin initially but my skin got used to it so it's meh now. I don't need a moisturizer I guess. The Caudalie serum that I got in my Glam Box is enough for me and my skin seems to like it a lot. 3) Too Cool For School: I bought their Egg Mousse Pack just coz it was on sale. It effectively cleans my face without drying it (Never got a thing during the toner step till date). It's incredibly creamy and foamy. I use it only on days I use makeup but I guess this is gentle enough to be used everyday. 4) Annie's Way: The best face mask company ever! I am totally addicted to their Arbutin+Hyaluronic acid jelly mask. It leaves my face soft, moisturized and reduces my pore size. The seller that I bought it from was kind enough to add a sheet mask with it and I have had good results with that so I ordered 6 more of those. I also won their Snail repairing Jelly mask on eBay auction recently. I used it once and didn't like it at all. Will give it one more shot before tossing it. 5) Skin79 Oriental Plus Gold BB cream or something along that line: It made my skin look good and lasted for a long time but it totally broke me out....in fact I had my worst breakout till date after using it. Never ventured into the world of BB creams after that experience 6) Hada Labo UV Creamy Gel: Best sunscreen ever! No white cast, no grease, no breakouts, moisturizing! I have nothing bad to say about this product! My HG sunscreen! 7) Nexcare Acne Patches: Amazing product to ripen your pimples faster and making it easier to pop (Yes, I can't let a pimple sit in peace on my face). I use it like a spot treatment but sometimes I end up using 3-4 for the same spot as it doesn't work on some pimples as fast as I want it to. 8) Nature's Republic 92% Aloe Vera Gel: It helps with skin redness but not much. It reeks of alcohol so I couldn't stand using it on my face! So far my experience has been pretty good with asian products so I would definitely repurchase most of the above items. Anyway, here are some of the products that I want to try next: 1) SK-II masks 2) Hada labo Hyaluronic acid lotion 3) SU:M37 miracle rose cleasning stick What products do you buy? As mentioned earlier, I am new to the Asian beauty world so would love to hear about your favourite products. I use Sulwhasou and also Who. Both products have a great skin care range and also makeup. SKII is also very nice to use.
Latest post on 11 November 2014 - 22:21
I buy mine on eBay and it comes here in less than 2 weeks. So far, I have had zero issues and all my products are authentic. I pay a little bit more but get it from the popular sellers like bringbringshop, cosmetic love and beautynetkorea. Which brands do you buy? I would love to be able to buy Sulwhasou online and have it shipped at a reasonable price. I am new to the world of Asian products but so far I have tried the following products: 1) Cure Aqua Gel: I bought it for around $36 and it has become my holy grail product. My skin has gotten so much better since using it. It's brighter, smoother and my products seem to sink in a lot faster. 2) Benton: I tried their essence and steam cream. The essence didn't do much but the steam cream worked brilliantly on my skin initially but my skin got used to it so it's meh now. I don't need a moisturizer I guess. The Caudalie serum that I got in my Glam Box is enough for me and my skin seems to like it a lot. 3) Too Cool For School: I bought their Egg Mousse Pack just coz it was on sale. It effectively cleans my face without drying it (Never got a thing during the toner step till date). It's incredibly creamy and foamy. I use it only on days I use makeup but I guess this is gentle enough to be used everyday. 4) Annie's Way: The best face mask company ever! I am totally addicted to their Arbutin+Hyaluronic acid jelly mask. It leaves my face soft, moisturized and reduces my pore size. The seller that I bought it from was kind enough to add a sheet mask with it and I have had good results with that so I ordered 6 more of those. I also won their Snail repairing Jelly mask on eBay auction recently. I used it once and didn't like it at all. Will give it one more shot before tossing it. 5) Skin79 Oriental Plus Gold BB cream or something along that line: It made my skin look good and lasted for a long time but it totally broke me out....in fact I had my worst breakout till date after using it. Never ventured into the world of BB creams after that experience 6) Hada Labo UV Creamy Gel: Best sunscreen ever! No white cast, no grease, no breakouts, moisturizing! I have nothing bad to say about this product! My HG sunscreen! 7) Nexcare Acne Patches: Amazing product to ripen your pimples faster and making it easier to pop (Yes, I can't let a pimple sit in peace on my face). I use it like a spot treatment but sometimes I end up using 3-4 for the same spot as it doesn't work on some pimples as fast as I want it to. 8) Nature's Republic 92% Aloe Vera Gel: It helps with skin redness but not much. It reeks of alcohol so I couldn't stand using it on my face! So far my experience has been pretty good with asian products so I would definitely repurchase most of the above items. Anyway, here are some of the products that I want to try next: 1) SK-II masks 2) Hada labo Hyaluronic acid lotion 3) SU:M37 miracle rose cleasning stick What products do you buy? As mentioned earlier, I am new to the Asian beauty world so would love to hear about your favourite products.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 11 November 2014 - 20:03
I buy mine on eBay and it comes here in less than 2 weeks. So far, I have had zero issues and all my products are authentic. I pay a little bit more but get it from the popular sellers like bringbringshop, cosmetic love and beautynetkorea. Which brands do you buy? I would love to be able to buy Sulwhasou online and have it shipped at a reasonable price.
Latest post on 10 November 2014 - 16:50
I buy mine on eBay and it comes here in less than 2 weeks. So far, I have had zero issues and all my products are authentic. I pay a little bit more but get it from the popular sellers like bringbringshop, cosmetic love and beautynetkorea.
Latest post on 09 November 2014 - 17:16
I use Sulwhasou too and they are great products ..
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 21:13
I also used Korean skin care most of the time. It is great. I use "Who" and "Sulwhasou" products. I can't buy either here. I try to make a stop over in Seoul annually just to buy skincare. I buy enough to last me the 12 months. Sulwhasou products are available in Amore shops in Australia but it is quite expensive there. A compulsory annual trip to Seoul is not a bad idea. It is agrewt stop over and an extremely interesting country.
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 18:53
I buy mine in bulk everytime we go to Asia on holidays. You just cant find good Korean skin care products here. Another option is online shopping as a lot of ladies do that but I have not tried buying from them yet. http://matjarey.com/store/en/health-and-beauty/makeup/etude-house/
Latest post on 02 November 2014 - 18:23
I don't think they're super popular but I could be wrong....festival city also has skin food. I have also seen a missha store but can't remember where. No etude house which is one of my faves...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY