Services for single women | ExpatWoman.com

Services for single women

Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 13:57

Hello all ,
I landed in Dubai last friday and have moved in to my new apartment in Marina .
Can you all send me numbers of services that you use , such as privte cabs , plumbers and gorcery guys who are reliable and trust worthy .
I am facing lots of problems unpacking my stuff and setting it , wish I could some professional help .

Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 14:38
Hi sheilawatson, Welcome to Dubai, and welcome to ExpatWoman! As other members have pointed out, local taxis are very easy to find and use and not at all expensive, we have information about the taxi services here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_guide_to_life_dubai_dubai_taxi_4311.aspx Alternatively, we have a single ladies guide to the city if that is of any interest to you: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_discover_dubai_Top_Ten_Things_To_Do_In_Dubai_If_You_Are_Single_8583.aspx HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 11:18
As for maintenance, I would be careful with asking the watchmen or building staff who to use. If they give you some guy's name and mobile #, you have no guarantee of who exactly is coming in your home. Further, if they break something or fix something improperly, you have no recourse. I have had my share of drama with that. Definitely pay the money and call someone like Jim will Fix It or Musthavemaintenance, as sarahlou said, if you are inviting someone into your home as a single woman.
Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 11:12
I didn't stop using them as they were unsafe, I stopped using them as they are unreliable! BTW edited by pollydxb1 on 05/11/2014 I think I am just lucky based on where I live as they are everywhere and even when out walking they are beeping to see if I need a cab. Even at the change over I manage to get one
Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 10:34
I didn't stop using them as they were unsafe, I stopped using them as they are unreliable! BTW <em>edited by pollydxb1 on 05/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 08:39
Cabs are safe to use. As a single woman I don't need to use any expensive private taxi service. With regards to plumbers and maintenance guys, ask your security guy. They should have a company they work with. Dubai is a safe, civilized city. You will come across people who don't do their job, but nobody is going to do anything crazy to you and service has nothing to do with your gender. There are loads of grocery shops in Marina that deliver, you can take the number of the one that is closest to you. I have only ever used Careem on New Year Eve. Other than that for 8 years have used Dubai taxi. Apart from a few drivers I had to report they have been all been very nice and polite
Latest post on 05 November 2014 - 00:30
agree with marroosh
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 18:53
Cabs are safe to use. As a single woman I don't need to use any expensive private taxi service. With regards to plumbers and maintenance guys, ask your security guy. They should have a company they work with. Dubai is a safe, civilized city. You will come across people who don't do their job, but nobody is going to do anything crazy to you and service has nothing to do with your gender. There are loads of grocery shops in Marina that deliver, you can take the number of the one that is closest to you.
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 15:47
I thought it was this warning, about this dreadful man! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnUnZbjDvOw&feature=youtu.be …
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 15:10
I opened this thread with trepidation .... really was wondering what kind of services you meant. edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 04/11/2014 LOL me too
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 14:45
Stopped using taxi's years ago, a lot of us now use a private hire firm called Careem, if you have a credit card you can register for their reliable service: http://careem.com/signup
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 14:30
I opened this threat with trepidation .... really was wondering what kind of services you meant. Haha trust you!
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 14:23
I opened this thread with trepidation .... really was wondering what kind of services you meant. <em>edited by IzzyOnTheSeat on 04/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 04 November 2014 - 14:16
Taxis are easier to flag down on the street and they are in abundance except between 4pm-5.30pm when the drivers do a shift changeover. If you want to call them and register your address with the RTA for cabs it is 04/2080808 however it is easier to flag one down. Careem do a private service but they are more expensive. You can sign up on their website https://www.careem.com/dubai/ignition For maintenance I use either Musthavemaintenance.com who are British owned. They charge AED200 for call out and the 1st hour. Al Maya in the Marina delivers as do trolley.ae but they are more expensive than some of the bigger supermarkets such as Geant and Carrefour. Waitrose is in the Marina Mall You will have to Google Al Maya Marina as I don't know the phone numbers. Musthavemaintenace can help with assembling furniture/maintenance etc <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 04/11/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY