Sewing Question--Zippers | ExpatWoman.com

Sewing Question--Zippers

Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 08:02

Any of you crafty ladies out there--I have a dress with a long string of buttons up the back that I want to replace with a zipper, but I am a little concerned the metal will burn my back if I am ever outside for an extended period of time. On the other hand, I find plastic zippers break a lot and I wonder if they might melt in extreme heat. What do you recommend?

Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 20:59
Thanks Ali, that helps! And yes Pink, that was a serious question. I am from a cold climate and I have not moved yet, anything over 90 degrees sounds like the center of a volcano to me.
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 18:32
It's Doha, not the fires of Mordor ;) If you are outside for a long period in the heat of the summer you will have worse things to worry about than if your zipper is getting hot on your back, trust me. Actually that could be a good warning angle, if your zip is burning you then it's time to head inside. Also Zara sold heaps of stuff with exposed metal zippers last year and I didn't hear of anyone having a problem so hopefully it won't be an issue.
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 18:05
Geenkween, I would not worry. If you have the zipper put in by a tailor, you can ask them to put a small strip of fabric under the zipper. xoxo
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 17:39
These cannot be serious questions, can they??