What would you do? | ExpatWoman.com

What would you do?

Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 18:05

Hi all,
I've recently resigned (as I'm pregnant) from my job and have experienced some very disturbing situations since this time with my direct manager.
I hold a senior role in the business, and have had a good relationship with all team members.
However, since resigning I have been ignored completely to the point of being talked to like a child in front of other senior managers in an attempt to belittle me.
I have been involved in closed door conversations with my direct manager that makes me feel like I'm going through a divorce, not a resignation. Very personal comments are being made, which are hurtful and totally out of place.
Further to this, my direct manager is posting various things on Facebook which I assume are to effect me, very sarcastic comments/quotes all about trust and respect etc...
Other senior managers have approached me and commented on his behaviour to me, and that it is inappropriate and unprofessional and that it is reflecting badly on him, but no one does anything about it....not even HR!
I am trying to remain positive as I don't want this to effect me or my baby, however under the circumstances this is very difficult.
My resignation is my choice, for my family, and after working with the company for over 4 years I am left feeling like a traitor and totally questioning my efforts.
What would you do if this was you?

Latest post on 01 June 2018 - 01:15
Thanks Pink Lilly, Well, YES is the answer...I could go to a senior regional person....The company I work for is international, so no chance to get to the CEO, however locally I could approach reg...
i would wrte a complaint or talk to him directly saying that all his behaviour is inappropriate at all and taking into concideration the you worked for 4 years, that is disrespectful towards you
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 20:55
Thanks Pink Lilly, Well, YES is the answer...I could go to a senior regional person....The company I work for is international, so no chance to get to the CEO, however locally I could approach regional heads. I have been thinking of writing a formal complaint in regards to how this has been handled, which possibly I may still do...but not sure what use it would actually do. You are right, and I agree and happy knowing that I am of value, otherwise, they wouldn't blink twice at my resignation. I had discussed my options when I was planning on continuing with work. I asked for my 45 days + 30 days annual leave. He did not agree to it, as said I'm too vital to the business to have out for that long. It was also expected that within the 45 days, I be on laptop and reachable... totally ridiculous to me to even consider that! I'm happy in my decision. Just disappointed that working so hard doesn't really mean anything in the long run when it doesn't suit others!
Latest post on 14 November 2014 - 18:26
As you hold a senior role, can you not go o the CEO about it? There should be a line drawn between privae and professional life. Dont let it wear you down. Of course at the end of the day it shows how much they are going to miss you doesn't it?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY