Safa school | ExpatWoman.com

Safa school

Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 12:59

We're moving to Dubai from Doha in January. We started enquiring about schools and basically have been emailed by most to say they have waiting lists or won't know if any spaces are coming up till after the Christmas holidays. We did have an email from Safa School to say they have a place, applied and have been offered it (son is in Reception -FS2). We didn't expect it to happen so quickly as the school situation is dire here in Doha. We haven't even visited the school. Anyone have children at Safa? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Advice on areas to live so the commute isn't terrible also appreciated! Our current commute to school is 10km and varies from 25-60 mins.

Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 20:02
That's reassuring. We have accepted the place and paid the deposit so it's definitely Safa now! We are having a bonus Christmas in the UK and coming out to Dubai in the new year. Were intending to stay in Doha for Christmas till this move came along. Hope your move goes smoothly and maybe we'll meet at school in Jan. We're very excited about Dubai too!
Latest post on 26 November 2014 - 08:15
No we didn't see it either. My really good friend from home has lived in Dubai for over 10 years and said a few of her Dubai friends children go to Safa and they love it. So that put my mind at rest. I'm sure it will be fine. Everything I've read on the forums has been really positive as well. We where just glad to get a place after the stress of schools in Doha. We are moving tomorrow. I can't wait
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 22:42
Hi hellokittyp, that is good news. My son has been worried about not having any friends so now I can truthfully tell him there'll be others in the same situation! Did you visit the school at all? We really thought we'd end up on a load of waiting lists and have a chance to see some when we attended for assessments.
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 13:06
Hi we are also moving from Doha to Dubai on Thursday. Hooray. Our daughter is also starting Safa School in January in FS2. We are also wondering where will be best for us to live after enduring the Qatari Traffic. I'm glad to know there will be new pupils starting with her
Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 07:56
Thanks
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 22:11
Safa Community School (Safa Privates sister school) also has FS2 places for January available subject to latest school report. The residential areas would be Arabian Ranches/Motor City (5 mins), Victory Heights (15 minutes), Jumeirah Village Triangle (10 minutes). Contact the Registrar - see website for details www.safacommunityschool.com. The 5 minutes would be AFTER you get OFF the Ranches... lol
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 21:45
Safa Community School (Safa Privates sister school) also has FS2 places for January available subject to latest school report. The residential areas would be Arabian Ranches/Motor City (5 mins), Victory Heights (15 minutes), Jumeirah Village Triangle (10 minutes). Contact the Registrar - see website for details www.safacommunityschool.com.
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 19:57
Thanks very much for all the advice. xo
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 15:33
There are over 40 nationalities at the school and for the first time this year we have a lot of new male teachers :p making it almost 50/50.. Most teachers are British but there are other nationalities too.. The hours at the moment are 7.40 (registration 7.50) til 2.00 Sun - Weds and finish at 1.10 on Thursday. After school activities finish at 3.15 and Sun- Weds there is a chargeable Prep club for an hour after school. After Christmas the finishing time is being moved to 2.20 pm Sun- Weds.
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 15:24
Veenz - what are the hours? Current school in Doha is 07.00 - 13.15. Both - as far as I can see most of the teachers are British - is that right? Is there a good mix of nationalities amongst the pupils? Thanks for the tips on areas. Have a month in a hotel so will be trawling the real estate in Jan. We hoped to get school sorted first before settling on a flat/villa so this could be a good thing having the school place sorted before we even come over. Husband's office is in Knowledge City (I think) but I've told him the school run trumps the commute to the office!
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 14:15
You're welcome !! We live in Arabian Ranches and the journey is 14 km, taking 25 minutes any time except school time !! lol In the mornings you can add at least another 20 minutes to get off the Ranches so I would recommend somewhere closer..Springs or Meadows is probably easier unless you move "into town" and settle somewhere like Safa or Jumeirah... Al Barsha is spreading with fab stand alone villas and wouldn't be too much travel...
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 14:12
We're moving to Dubai from Doha in January. We started enquiring about schools and basically have been emailed by most to say they have waiting lists or won't know if any spaces are coming up till after the Christmas holidays. We did have an email from Safa School to say they have a place, applied and have been offered it (son is in Reception -FS2). We didn't expect it to happen so quickly as the school situation is dire here in Doha. We haven't even visited the school. Anyone have children at Safa? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Advice on areas to live so the commute isn't terrible also appreciated! Our current commute to school is 10km and varies from 25-60 mins. Hello NIrishjen! My DD goes to Safa School (FS2) and this her first year at this school. We are happy so far. We are both working parents and I love how up to date they are on the communicator. The class mum also keeps us up to date on the happenings at school. We had a one to one parent teacher meeting last week to inform us on the progress of the child in school. The school feels like one big family so far. The schools hours are slightly longer than the rest of the schools in Dubai. :( Anyway we have gotten used to the routine by now. But overall very happy with the school. The closest communities are Business bay, Al Wasl square, Al safa area, Al Khail gate.
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 13:06
Thanks for the speedy reply Doubting Thomas! It's Safa Private School.
Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 13:03
We're moving to Dubai from Doha in January. We started enquiring about schools and basically have been emailed by most to say they have waiting lists or won't know if any spaces are coming up till after the Christmas holidays. We did have an email from Safa School to say they have a place, applied and have been offered it (son is in Reception -FS2). We didn't expect it to happen so quickly as the school situation is dire here in Doha. We haven't even visited the school. Anyone have children at Safa? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Advice on areas to live so the commute isn't terrible also appreciated! Our current commute to school is 10km and varies from 25-60 mins. Which Safa ? There are two now - Safa Private School, Meydan Road and Safa Community School, Umm Sequiem which only opened this year. If it's Safa Community School then it would have happened quickly because the school is not yet at full capacity. We've been at the original Safa for over 4 years and have been very happy with it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY