Doha Bound and useful contacts needed | ExpatWoman.com

Doha Bound and useful contacts needed

Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 07:55

Morning ladies..........will be moving to Doha from Dubai on Friday and could really do with your input.
Suggestions/recommendations for the following please - if you have them.
Hairdresser + Salon (waxing/facials etc) - these don't have to be 'posh' - currently use a very basic salon for everything and they've been fine.
Gyms - with pool - not fussed about ladies only but must have good personal trainers (ideally with international training certification)
Classes - Tai Chi, Zumba, Pilates, Yoga etc
Cleaning agencies you've had good experience of - would need someone once a week for 4 hours
Visas - how long does it usually take for the residence visa to be processed (roughly - I know it often depends on how interesting the newspaper the person processing it is reading etc lol)

Latest post on 25 November 2014 - 21:54
wow that is a lot of really useful information!! thank you for posting, I will certainly be coming along to some of these. I move to Qatar on 31st December =D
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 18:20
Thanks - will be working so won't get to do coffee mornings etc. Thanks for the salon recommendations will have a look. No idea where I'll be living yet - will be moving into somewhere once residency is sorted out but in company accommodation until then.
Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 18:10
Hi, welcome to Doha! Most of us ladies who do not have children here, and are not working join groups like Tuesday Ladies Group (TLG) or American Womens Association (AWA) etc. I am not sure if there is a Danish group here or not. The TLG meets every other Tues at the Radisson Blu Hotel (so next meeting is Dec 2). AWA meets 2nd Mon of each month, or Dec 9 but as it is our Christmas lunch not sure visitors are allowed unless there are still tickets available. Both have websites you can look at. If you are in West Bay area, there is a Sun morning 10:30-noon coffee at Jones the grocer at The Gate Shopping Center, or Thursdays @ 10:30-noon at Starbucks in Landmark Shopping Center, or The Chocolate ..... at The Pearl on Sun. @ 10:30-noon. For Hair: Glow, or Desert Princess, or The Blue Brush Salons, or Dados Gyms: - most complexes have . Some have exercise classes. Intercontinential The City, or Beverley Hills buildings have some of the ones you have listed. Not sure about cleaning companies as mine is through my apartment building. Residential Visas - it depends, are you working or not? I am not working & it took about 3 months. Once the process has been started you can't leave the country as you will have to start over with all the x-rays, blood tests etc. Hope this helps. Hope this helps.