trip to Oman beginning of February-seeking another family to travel together | ExpatWoman.com

trip to Oman beginning of February-seeking another family to travel together

Latest post on 19 November 2014 - 23:11

Dear all
we - Me, my husband and our daughter, aged 9, would like to go in Oman at the beginning of February. There is a week off at our daughter's school and I know that many other schools have a week of holiday at that time.

We would like to go together another family with the following characteristics:
- have a daughter about the same age of our
- willing to visit different places, mixing natural sites (wadis-desert), beach, historical sites, cultural sites.
- "handy" people, nice, friendly, able to manage in different situations, not scared of a bit of adventure like sleeping overnight in a tent or in a camping site, if it is the case (e.g. in the desert or in a isolated beach).
of course it is necessary to meet before and see if we like each other.

Our plan is to fly to Muscat, stay one day in Muscat and visit the Souq and the Opera House and the town, then move to the castles in the internal part (Jebel Shams, Bahia Fort), then to the wadis and beaches on the coast south of Muscat (Wadi Shab, Wadi Tiwi), and eventually (if there is time) go to the desert in Sharqiya and to the Island of Masirah. We have 9-10 days of time.

if interested, please write to eleonorabarca_AT_yahoo_DOT_it

Latest post on 01 December 2014 - 13:41
Hi Eleonor Couldn't agree more with Katya on this one Eleonor! I have also read many of your posts on the forum and these have been informative, supportive and inspiring to other forum users. Keep up the good work!:cool:
Latest post on 01 December 2014 - 00:41
Hello Eleanor, I have tried to hold my tongue, but I am just so sad for you that you had to receive such a judgemental reply to your open and reasonable question. I just wanted you to know that I have been following the forum for a number of months now and find your posts and your energy inspiring. One of your posts - on recycling has touched me a great deal. I hope we can meet one day and put our energies to good use. I do not have kids and will not be working - I am very keen too use my free time and skills to help to change attitudes  on the important issues. Hope you have a great trip to Oman and I hope will find another family to share the experience. Katya
Latest post on 24 November 2014 - 08:31
Hi Eleonor I suppose the most magical experience for us was visiting Ras la Jinz to see the turtles lay their eggs. We stayed in the hotel there and got up in the early hours and our Bedouin guide took us down to the beach where we watched the turtle cover her eggs and return to sea. My daughter was totally in awe of it . If you love nature Oman is definately a must visit. The Mountains and wadis are beautiful, however do be aware of rainfall in these areas which can be sudden and treacherous. Sur on the coast is interesting for photos and beautiful in a ramshackled way.Take a boat out to see the Dolphins ,honestly there's so much. We truly loved Oman and you will have an amazing time it was such a refreshing place to us compared to Doha. We didn't spend as long there as 10 days but I would love to. Enjoy ??
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 18:23
dear Alee thanks for your advice. If you have 5 minutes of time, can you please tell us which are the places that you liked most, and why? thank you so much for your time!
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 16:53
Hi Eleonor, We have travelled to Oman with our only daughter and many other places too. We have all had a great time and our daughter has never been bored in fact at that age she loved having our company. In Oman there are so many family things to do its just how you go about it. The forts were always a plaground of adventure for my daughter, the sea is filled with dolphins, turtles and beautiful fish, tThe sights and sounds at Muscat souk ( be aware this is not at a all like souk Waqif) Star spotting in the desert. The friendly faces of the Omani people. Really it's a time to treasure together this time goes all so fast. My daughter is almost a teen now who wants to spend all her time with friends. How I wish for those days when she was 9 . P.S only children live in a world where they are always the only one this is all they know they don't need to be around anyone quite often they are happy doing their own thing <em>edited by alee on 20/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 13:48
Believe me, we are not crazy at all! we are seeking company for our daughter, because otherwise she will be bored to travel 7-10 days only among adults. She enjoys staying with us but she also needs to stay with her peers. We are flexible and open minded and able to enjoy the company of others. That's all. As I said, we need to meet before and see if we like each other's company and if we agree with the style of our holidays. we are here since just a few months and our friends have all already been in Oman. Anyway, all the people I know here were perfect strangers just a few weeks ago, nevertheless we met lot of nice people willing to have a new social life in Doha, and so, why not to try? :-)
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:20
who is crazy enough to advertise on a forum to travel with random strangers?? how about quality time with your FAMILY