excessive dreaming...is this normal? | ExpatWoman.com

excessive dreaming...is this normal?

Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 09:16

I dream every time i sleep... even if i doze of sitting on a chair for 5 min... literally... its like u r not sleeping at all... i feel rested physically and am not stressed mentally (unless there is stress in real life)... but i wish i can sleep sometimes without dreaming... i asked many of my acquaintances if anyone has this condition and no one i know has it...
So just wanted to know if this is something rare ... or anyone here experiences the same thing?

Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 19:39
Just FWIW, everybody dreams every single night. The only variable is whether we remember those dreams or not.
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 08:06
[b'>All the other posts are quite flippant[/b'> but excessive dreaming can be a sign of anything from pregnancy to a brain tumour. I'd want to know when you first noticed your excessive dreaming, has it gotten worse and if you have any other strange symptoms. All, then? OP asked if anyone else had the same thing, or if it was rare. Since I've experienced this from the time I was a young child, I've talked to plenty of people about it over the years and even had done a research paper on the topic. A lot of people experience this for no other reason than they simply just do. All. The point is it might be nothing or it might be something. Worth checking out. I have frequent migraines since i was young... and i have been always dreaming a lot... i just thought i dream a lot, but recently i kind of made myself conscious of the fact that i never really sleep without dreaming and i started questioning others randomly... and realized that its not common... although i can see here that there r others like me... :) .... Oh btw Guiness 2 ...i had an MRI done for my migraines around 6 years back and all was clear... so definitely not a brain tumor... :)
Latest post on 23 November 2014 - 07:54
The ability to go back to the same dream is a sign of lucid dreaming, if you can also take control of what happens in your dreams? That's lucid dreaming too. I do both of these, it doesn't bother me at all and who is to say what's normal. If the dreams are not troubling you I would not worry. Yes... i can go back to the same dream and also at times control dreams by willing things to happen... as i said its only during stressful days that i wish i dream less... otherwise its pretty cool !! ...
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 10:28
The ability to go back to the same dream is a sign of lucid dreaming, if you can also take control of what happens in your dreams? That's lucid dreaming too. I do both of these, it doesn't bother me at all and who is to say what's normal. If the dreams are not troubling you I would not worry.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 18:34
I have very vivid (not nightmares) dreams when I am very tired, have been working hard etc.; these dreams I remember, too. Maybe you are more tired than you realize. <em>edited by mrsb. on 22/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 15:55
[b'>All the other posts are quite flippant[/b'> but excessive dreaming can be a sign of anything from pregnancy to a brain tumour. I'd want to know when you first noticed your excessive dreaming, has it gotten worse and if you have any other strange symptoms. All, then? OP asked if anyone else had the same thing, or if it was rare. Since I've experienced this from the time I was a young child, I've talked to plenty of people about it over the years and even had done a research paper on the topic. A lot of people experience this for no other reason than they simply just do. All. The point is it might be nothing or it might be something. Worth checking out.
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 14:43
[b'>All the other posts are quite flippant[/b'> but excessive dreaming can be a sign of anything from pregnancy to a brain tumour. I'd want to know when you first noticed your excessive dreaming, has it gotten worse and if you have any other strange symptoms. All, then? OP asked if anyone else had the same thing, or if it was rare. Since I've experienced this from the time I was a young child, I've talked to plenty of people about it over the years and even had done a research paper on the topic. A lot of people experience this for no other reason than they simply just do.
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 12:42
I dream every time i sleep... even if i doze of sitting on a chair for 5 min... literally... its like u r not sleeping at all... i feel rested physically and am not stressed mentally (unless there is stress in real life)... but i wish i can sleep sometimes without dreaming... i asked many of my acquaintances if anyone has this condition and no one i know has it... So just wanted to know if this is something rare ... or anyone here experiences the same thing? All the other posts are quite flippant but excessive dreaming can be a sign of anything from pregnancy to a brain tumour. I'd want to know when you first noticed your excessive dreaming, has it gotten worse and if you have any other strange symptoms.
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 10:10
change sides Beebers. I did that last night! I slept straight from 10:30-6, but had this ridiculous dream about Prince Harry WTH Guess that's what I get for sleeping on DH's side of the bed. I hear you about the Canadian weather, Chicago was somewhat similar...depending on which part of Canada it is :)
Latest post on 21 November 2014 - 08:52
change sides Beebers. I love being at home in Canada in the fall. I was there until end Oct and slept with the door open! woke up in the morning to frost on my nose (ok exaggerated) but big down duvet, blanket cold nose...awww slept like a baby..... can't remember dreaming though but I am sure I did.
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 16:28
I've noticed with people in our family that the hotter they are, the more they dream. Try making your room colder at night for a few nights and see if you dream less! I set my thermostat on 18 and it is never cold enough! I prefer an arctic bedroom but something is wrong with our A/C because my side of the bed is always too warm for me. Maybe it needs servicing and thanks for the reminder. I wonder if that would help
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 16:26
wow, that's actually a scientific thing! http://geekswipe.net/2014/03/temperature-affects-dreams/ :nerd:
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 16:25
I've noticed with people in our family that the hotter they are, the more they dream. Try making your room colder at night for a few nights and see if you dream less!
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 16:15
Mann... thats me... i also wake up at least twice during the night and mostly start dreaming from where i left off when back to sleep... hehe ...!! Yep :) I don't know about you, but as another poster mentioned about zombies, I need to be careful with the imagery and material I consume before bedtime. I watched some show on the crime and investigation network once before bed and I had some vicious dreams. I was pounding on my DH when I woke up. Poor guy lol
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:59
Same here, Gritt. It's not that uncommon from what I have read on the internet. Almost every night it is the same thing. Go to bed at 9ish, wake up from a dream between 11:30-1am. Go back to sleep. Wake up in the morning dreaming, too. Some mornings I wake up exhausted. The only time I don't experience this is if I drink alcohol, or stay up really late, but I don't exactly wake up feeling stellar the morning after I do. Mann... thats me... i also wake up at least twice during the night and mostly start dreaming from where i left off when back to sleep... hehe ...!!
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:55
Gritt, I don't know whether it's 'normal' or not, but if I were you I would enjoy it. Some people keep a dream diary because apparently we're programmed to forget our dreams and if you think about it, although you might remember them with clarity upon waking, they're usually erased from your memory after a few hours. I read somewhere that everybody dreams every night, but what differentiates people is whether they remember them. Dreams are a critical mechanism for humans, so I wouldn't worry about it, you could start a dream diary if you wanted to record them. my dreams r mostly pretty vivid... some i remember for a day while some for days... but never thought of keeping a dream diary... hmmm... will think about it...
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:53
well actually its not a problem and i do enjoy dreaming when its just those adventurous movie like dreams and when i swim, cycle and fly in them... :) .... but when i am facing stress in my life the dreams are tense and stressful (i will not call them nightmares though, just edgy dreams) ... i grind my teeth on such nights... at such times i wish i was not such a dreamer (u know what i mean) ... !!
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:38
Dreaming comes when you sleep nice and deep. You're just sleeping too much lol and that makes me soooo envious am I mommy to babies. :\:
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 10:06
I love dreaming. Night dreaming, day dreaming. Depends also if you are just along for the ride, or whether they are proper vivid dreams where you play an active role and control what is going on. It's like a movie in your head. I always remember my dreams.
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 09:53
Same here, Gritt. It's not that uncommon from what I have read on the internet. Almost every night it is the same thing. Go to bed at 9ish, wake up from a dream between 11:30-1am. Go back to sleep. Wake up in the morning dreaming, too. Some mornings I wake up exhausted. The only time I don't experience this is if I drink alcohol, or stay up really late, but I don't exactly wake up feeling stellar the morning after I do.
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 09:44
I also dream a lot (sometimes I realize I actually slept because I would remember I was dreaming :) because I have sleeping problems). But I just don't really pay attention to the dreams and tend to forget them. As long as you feel rested after your sleep, I think, you shouldn't worry about that
Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 09:39
Gritt, I don't know whether it's 'normal' or not, but if I were you I would enjoy it. Some people keep a dream diary because apparently we're programmed to forget our dreams and if you think about it, although you might remember them with clarity upon waking, they're usually erased from your memory after a few hours. I read somewhere that everybody dreams every night, but what differentiates people is whether they remember them. Dreams are a critical mechanism for humans, so I wouldn't worry about it, you could start a dream diary if you wanted to record them.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY