Respiratory Therapists and Anesthesia Assistants of Sidra Medical | ExpatWoman.com

Respiratory Therapists and Anesthesia Assistants of Sidra Medical

Latest post on 20 November 2014 - 18:25

This forum is intended for Respiratory Therapists &/or Anesthesia Assistants considering a position at Sidra Medical. Lets connect, share and ensure we feel supported in considering this potentially life changing transition.
<em>edited by anesthesiaA13 on 26/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 31 October 2018 - 10:49
Hello girls, I need some serious help. I have been looking into this for so long and now I decided to create a post to ask for help. I am an anesthesia assistant in USA looking to get a job here. Does anyone know who I am supposed to talk to or where do I need to apply?? Please help!!!!! Thank you
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 09:17
It means we can make a full stop for this waiting game and better to start trying for another job. :sick:
Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 00:15
I don't work for Sidra, but my husband was talking today to someone who has inside information. He was told that when the old contractors were kicked out, nearly the entire building (floors, AC's etc) had to be stripped on the inside, because it did not meet regulations. Apparently everything on the inside has to be redone and outfitted from scratch. The official opening estimate is a year or so from now, but the person speaking to my husband didn't think it would be sooner than 3-4 years... You never know, of course, but if the new airport is any indication, that sounds about right...
Latest post on 01 June 2015 - 15:56
Hi. every one, Hope you all are doing well. Does any one have any news regarding the delay ?. Any idea about how long the delay will be?. :sick:
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 18:48
The sad part for me is that every single morning the first thing I do before I even get out of bed is check my cell phone for any emails from Sidra....and most mornings I am disappointed all over again.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 18:45
Wow, Thanks for the support everyone. I'll keep researching the travel idea. Also, sort of maybe, check out other ME hospitals in Qatar? I have my friend at Hamad. He has been there for 5 years. We use to work together at CNMC. But I really want Sidra. Abby, your husband is amazing. Has your attested Police Clearance expired as well? Or just your CPR cards? My Police Clearance won't expire until August 11th. But I only paid a few dollars for mine as I can get to DC to do it myself. But if it gets to be August and we haven't heard anything I'm sure I will look else where. RRT, I told my employer a long time ago, back in Nov. when I signed the formal contract. Lucky for me they are OK with it. In fact we are so short staffed right now that we have Travelers here. Mary Catherine, thanks for your input! I have heard that it is slow going once in Qatar with the RP etc. but that does not bother me as much as at least I will be working and getting paid. Are you in Doha now? If so, do you see men working on that building?
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 06:36
This situation is fairly common in Qatar. And it doesn't always improve once you are here. To keep one's sanity you have to have a lot of patience and lower your expectations. Quasi government organizations here are very slow moving entities and are encumbered with miles of red tape and mounds of paperwork
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 03:15
I would say "go for it"!! Life in the now and do what makes you happy. I do think there is quite some time before we see Qatar and if the call comes, then they certainly would not expect you to drop everything and run. I am sure they would allow some time for you to organize everything to get there, including clueing up the job you are in.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 00:00
No, no news. But, although I like my job OK I am so ready to move on from CNMC. I was thinking about a travel assignment. There is an interesting one in Alaska for the summer and one in California. I don't think Sidra will move us in the next 13+ weeks. Maybe do that until Sidra starts mobilizing? Thoughts? Do you think that would jeopardize going to Sidra? It would make the waiting easier.
Latest post on 10 April 2015 - 18:05
I just rechecked my Portal....every week I have asked a new question on FAST but never got a response. My questions were about my documents. Today I got a response! The Portal is now up and running!
Latest post on 10 April 2015 - 17:56
Thank you RRT, My recruiter update: (copied) In regards to your Visa application, my Manager was in correspondence with the Recruitment Manager for Allied Health today and was told an official update should be released to us shortly regarding specific candidates in the process/timeline- as soon as we have been advised, I will let you know. I needed this little notice. The past couple of weeks have been hard. Without having anyone to contact or get updates from any more at Sidra HR, I have been feeling a little lost and that bad things might be happening. So Thank You for some good news. On another note. At CNMC, where I work, we have another pt from Qatar in our CICU. I have been taking care of this pt and have been visiting with the parents as well. They are super friendly and have told me many nice things about Doha etc. They are familar with Sidra and thought it was opening soon as the building looked completed. The mother's sister works for the Qatar Fondation and she asked if she could have my email and that she would see if her sister would be able to give us a timeline of opening date. Waiting is brutal.
Latest post on 10 April 2015 - 15:23
Have you been able to see anything on the MOI site? And yes the waiting is awful...
Latest post on 06 April 2015 - 07:42
Abby and RRTNICU, went to the MOI site and found my visa but its the 'work-business' visa I told you all about when the Qarat Embassy stamped it into my passport. I don't know if its the correct kind or not. Its good for a year with a 1 month duration. Sorta doesn't matter as I've not heard anything about a license, or from Sidra at all as they now have the portal. Again, the hospital has delayed its opening and yes they will bring us over early to train and help set up units but they don't need us a whole year early. Back in Nov. I had been told via a phone call to me from Sidra that I would go over the 1st quater of 2015. That was before the delay. I know RRT is slated for an April/May departure. Hope that still happens. I still think that once one of us goes the others will be close behind. (I copied and paste from the website) Visa Number 1...... Name ....... KATHY Nationality Usa Passport Number 4........... Description Of Visa Owner Passport Holder Gender Female Visa Type WORK-BUSINESS VISA MULTI ENTRY Travel Index MULTI ENTRY Stay Duration 1-MONTH Date of Issue 2015-02-10 Visa Validity 2016-02-10 Visa Status VALID TO USE
Latest post on 05 April 2015 - 02:28
what did u see on the MOI site? Did it say your visa was "being processed"? Although I am not at that stage, I have looked, but it says "Visa not found". Just curious as to what someone being processed would find.
Latest post on 05 April 2015 - 01:56
Thanks Abby!!! Didn't know about that. Went to the MOI site. No nothing for me.:( Patience still. Sigh.
Latest post on 04 April 2015 - 19:39
Any news on the visa RRTNICU? Did u know that you can check on your status on the Ministry of the Interior (MOI-Qatar) website? Under e-servies and then small small above the "box" choices, "visas and enquires", takes you to another page...visa approval or tracking (or something similar) One asks for application date, but another choice will allow you to search by nationality and passport #. Hopefully some news soon...for both of us!
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 05:13
Hi All, Heather, who is in Doha does not know when anything will happen. Just that its in the plans. I know that she is at the point where she would like more bedside staff as most of the managerial stuff seems to be on track. But she is the ED nurse manager and does not know what is going on in the other depts. Just the ED. There are several RN's from our ED that are going but they have been placed on hold. Just holding out hope that the Easter Bunny brings us all a golden egg. This is an interesting website http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Qatar
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 06:17
A13, Thanks for getting back in touch. Very sorry the numbers did not work out for you. You will be missed. Abby and RRTNICU, I did get in touch with Heather, we worked together at Childrens in DC for years before she left last year for Doha. She did verify that everyone would be working a short while at Hamad. She also indicated that that would be a good thing and she is looking forward to it. She misses bedside pt care. For me its what ever it takes to get there. Have not heard a thing from the 'portal'. I do check it almost daily. And every week I ask another question on the help and support page... Who knows, maybe Easter Sunday will be the day we hear some good news. LadyKathy: Any news when they would start boarding people since staff will work at Hamad for the time being? Or will it just be for the staff in management positions? And hopefully you are right that Easter Bunny will hop in and bring good news to all of us this Sunday :big grin: <em>edited by CuriousAnn on 01/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 02:12
A13, Thanks for getting back in touch. Very sorry the numbers did not work out for you. You will be missed. Abby and RRTNICU, I did get in touch with Heather, we worked together at Childrens in DC for years before she left last year for Doha. She did verify that everyone would be working a short while at Hamad. She also indicated that that would be a good thing and she is looking forward to it. She misses bedside pt care. For me its what ever it takes to get there. Have not heard a thing from the 'portal'. I do check it almost daily. And every week I ask another question on the help and support page... Who knows, maybe Easter Sunday will be the day we hear some good news.
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 16:41
Hi RRT I had also been told about working a few days a week at Hamad, as well as working on getting things ready for our own dept.
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 14:39
I wondered what happened to you A13. A shame you couldn't get what you wanted. Hamad was not mentioned to me at all. And I hope I don't have to work there. Yes there is definitely some confusion. Lol. And much patience. Glad you checked in and all the best!
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 10:47
Maybe so about the recruiter. So now I wait for the Visa. God knows how long this will be. Sigh. Inshallah.
Latest post on 22 March 2015 - 20:00
No Kathy, it wasn't an RRT and it was back in Oct.
Latest post on 22 March 2015 - 18:48
Abby, was that a RRT? And recent?
Latest post on 21 March 2015 - 02:05
Yes Kathy it appears as though going through a recruiter was the way to go. I know of someone else, start to finish ...8 weeks waiting including a visa. Hopefully soon for us too!!
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 22:33
Abby, you and I went through Sidra and that maybe the difference. I went back and checked all my emails from HR mostly looking for the dates that I did send in my documents. I can not find where I sent in my attested police report so sent it to HR. (Portal is not working. I guess there are some bugs with the program, it happens.) But I signed my contact on 11/19 and last of my documents (except police clearence) on 02/18/15. On 3/16/15 they asked for more info on my BS. So I'm working on being positive and saving that it is truely being worked on. But still fear something my be missing/wrong about my file. So we will get there, just takes time
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 16:17
That is fabulous, 2 months...wow! As you know, my wait has been relentless, so some news soon would be great !! Not sure how the process works as my contract was signed 5 months ago and I am still waiting and you signed just 2 months ago and already have a license. Nice to see things are moving though...
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 06:02
Hi Abby. Yes heard it all this week. Excited! I think this all started back on 1/16/2015. When I started getting all the paperwork together. So it took about two months. Whew. I certainly hope you hear something soon. It would be fabulous if we all came at the same time! :party:
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 00:52
Wow!!! Congrats...this is awesome news! When did u hear? And do you recall when your paperwork was submitted to SCH....from your previous posts, I don't think it was very long ago? I am soo hoping to hear soon, it's been a very long 4 months, and I am starting to wonder if there is an issue with my file... edited by abby86 on 19/03/2015 <em>edited by abby86 on 19/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 18 March 2015 - 23:24
80 degrees here by the way.