Looking for ordinary fans. | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for ordinary fans.

Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 13:31

I've just been to Carrefour and Geant, and the only fans they had were sort of small square-ish ones which cost over 200 Dhs. My daughter and son's bedroom upstairs in our Springs villa gets really warm late in day and at night even with windows open -- they just don't get the gentle breeze we do from the back of our villa and the breeze is not strong enough to cross ventilate. I want to avoid them turning on the air with this lovely weather and am hoping to find a couple of ordinary fans to circulate the air. I plan to head to DG Sharif today but, after that, I am at a loss without driving everywhere. Hate to make the trip, but would Dragon Mart have them? Anyone happen to notice them lately?

Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 16:31
Just an update for anyone who might be interested, found some sort of ordinary fans at DG Sharaf for 99 Dhs but they had to bring them from the back. I had a choice of two different brands, same size, same price, but one had the remote --- who knew fans needed a remote - LOL. Thanks ladies for the suggestions.
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 14:28
Yes they are a seasonal thing, although with this weather in Europe the shops would be full of them, heaters lol
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 14:25
I was surprised too -- although people wanted to direct me to heaters now when I mentioned fans -- but anyway, never thought to look online. I am heading to DG now as it is only my way to another appointment, so if that does not work out, I will go the online route. Anything around 100 Dhs seems somewhat reasonable to me at this time of the year. Thanks for that! <em>edited by norak on 22/11/2014</em>
Latest post on 22 November 2014 - 14:21
Norak I'm surprised you said that C4 don't have any. I got a couple around 100AED a few years back, and they always had a lot of different ones. On their website they have this one for 109Dirhams MIDEA 16" STAND FAN FS408PR [url=https://www.carrefouruae.com/webstore/AppImages/ProductImages/Standard/86896.jpg'>link[/url'> 109 AED and a couple more for just under 200Dirhams. They have some of the 109Dirhams in stock so ring up and order one, or do it online. Also you could ask them to check in the store room in the shop, sometimes they are too lazy to check and often tell you they don't have something without looking, so you need to insist a bit, or ask a more helpful worker in there.. [url=https://www.carrefouruae.com/webstore/Default.aspx'>link[/url'> DragonMart do have them, but I would be wary of buying one from there in case you need to take it back. C4 will fix or replace easier, and it's not as far as DM. <em>edited by Alismum on 22/11/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY